According to researchers like Ian Xel Lungold and Dr. Carl Johan Callerman, the true Mayan end date is not Dec.21st, 2012, but Oct.28, 2011. That's a
difference of 13 months and three weeks earlier than the more modern or commonly accepted date. Why the difference? The researchers claim that he
Dreamspell or 13 lunar-month calender upon which Arguelles and others based their calculations does not take into account the quarterly leap
day(Feb.29) introduced into the Gregorian calendar by Pope Gregory in 1582, whereas the true Mayan calendar does. This pushes the end date almost 14
months ahead of schedule to Dec.21st, 2012(as calculated from Aug.of 3115 BC).
Ok, but what does this mean ? ...What will happen on this date ?
Well, to be honest with you I have no clue. Had no vision nor any vivid dream on it. In fact, I never had/felt a single "prophetic flash" in my
I`m sure many will be born and many will die on this date, but I guess this is a very normal situation.
However, I do know what happend in the past on this date and there are some quite interesting happenings to report:
- Oct. 28th 1746 (Peru): Lima in Peru is totaly destroyed by a major earthquake;
- Oct. 28th, 1887 (New York): Inauguration of the Statue of Liberty;
- Oct. 28th, 1922 (Italy): King Victor Emmanuel III hands over power to Mussolini who was supported by the military;
- Oct. 28th 1929 (USA): Wall Street crash ( Black Monday );
- Oct. 28th 1936 (Spain): Civil War;
- Oct. 28th 1946 (USA): Atomic Energy Commission was established;
- Oct. 28th 1948 (Israel): State of Israel Flag
- Oct. 28th 1955 (USA): Bill Gates (Microsoft founder) is born;
- Oct. 28th 1956 (Iran): President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is born.
- Oct. 28th 1962: Cuban Missile Crisis Ends;
- Oct 28th 2004: Ipod is launched
......... And there are a lot more events that happened on this date and you can find through google search
edit on 30-8-2011 by AQ6666
because: (no reason given)