It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya's expropriated weapons coming to an extremist near you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thats right, there seems to be little control over libya's vast stockpiles of weapons.

Associated Press

The State Department wants to wait for fighting to abate before moving throughout Libya to locate and secure fugitive leader Moammar Gadhafi's massive weapons stores, according to two U.S. officials.

Already, the prices of the shoulder-launched missiles called MANPADs have fallen on the regional black market, the officials say, suggesting some of Gadhafi's stores are already being sold.
While many of the aging rockets may not work, the Soviet-era missiles can take down a helicopter or civilian jetliner.

Lets have a look at what was believed to be hiding in Gadhafi's weapon stores prior to the invasion.

1. 30 000 Manpad Missiles (Unknown number of launchers)

Shoulder-launched surface-to-air missiles. They are typically guided weapons and are a threat to low-flying aircraft, especially helicopters.

2. 1300 Tons Mustard Gas

If inhaled, mustard agent causes bleeding and blistering within the respiratory system, damaging mucous membranes and causing pulmonary edema. Also causes severe burning of skin and flesh.

3. 900 Tons Raw Yellowcake Uranium

Yellowcake is used in the preparation of uranium fuel for nuclear reactors, for which it is smelted into purified UO2 for use in fuel rods for pressurized heavy-water reactors and other systems that use natural unenriched uranium.

There seems to be little dispute as to where these weapons are located and the quantities at each site. However Nato and its allies do not seem to be concerned at all that these weapons could end up in the wrong hands.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
ummm...hello??? Libya was a peaceful and prosperous country until the Elite run NATO destroyed the current government that had nothing but love for its people, just so that the Rothschild's could set up a bank and control the oil there!!

Libya loves its people and the world

(please note my extreme use of sarcasm here)

You're are correct. Gaddafi had a giant stockpile of WMD (mostly chemical weapons i believe). Thank (insert what ever diety/belief of your choice) he never got his hands on a nuke. This is just the opportunity Al-Qida or Taliban needed. I'm sure it will be easy for them to get a hold of some of these things. Afghanistan, Pakistan,India, Iraq, etc could all get very interesting in the near future.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
damn ...that bad .so is NATO the official invading force now . Im not up on all of this . I mean its just one country after another being taken down and someone else just posted a thread saying yet again all the prcious items from Antiquity are being looted . Oh what fun destroying our history .

new topics

join