It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING: Rebels indiscriminatly murder fleeing Gaddafi Supporters who were unarmed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Any more off-topic posts WILL result in a posting ban of at least 3 days.

Let's get back to the topic please.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters

Originally posted by ALF88

That is what happens when you continue to support a murdering regime.
2nd line.

How do you think it would be if the Al Kaida terrorists, that you are supporting, come after you and your family, after they have plundered the mustard gas depots in Libya. How funny you think that would be ?
edit on 30-8-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

Don't use the stupid hypothetical "what if" argument against me, especially not in a poor attempt to legitimise the Gaddafi regime. Gaddafi and his supporters murdered so many innocent people, now they are getting a taste of their own lead based medicine.

By the way, it's spelled "Al-Qaeda".
edit on 30-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)

You should really research the history of this country before allowing yourself to be programmed by this war propaganda my friend...and believe me I do not wish to insult you in any way by telling you this.

Take a look for yourself and then ask the question if whats happening there truly makes sense. I remember first hearing the war propaganda about Libya and Iraq for that matter and quickly jumping on the war mongering boat myself...but youd think we would have gotten a little wiser after Iraq, no?

Guess not...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Don't use the stupid hypothetical "what if" argument against me, especially not in a poor attempt to legitimise the Gaddafi regime. Gaddafi and his supporters murdered so many innocent people, now they are getting a taste of their own lead based medicine.

By the way, it's spelled "Al-Qaeda".

I won't use hypotheticals, I'll use a few facts.

I'm not sure where you're from but I'm from USA. Our government goes around the world (on our $$) terrorizing EVERYONE and has murdered millions of innocent people, especially helpless women and children. Don't you think it's time for them to get a taste of the medicine. After all they are nothing more than the biggest form of terrorism in this world today. They just use words like civility, decorum, morals and GOD, to decieve people into believing they're good but their actions speak something totally different.

They need to stop meddling in everyone elses affairs. It's no different than me intervening in your families affairs and and justify it because they aren't up to my standards of how you should run your family.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

They need to stop meddling in everyone elses affairs. It's no different than me intervening in your families affairs and and justify it because they aren't up to my standards of how you should run your family.

the problem with that is geopolitics is a game of chess, and if you've ever played chess, you understand that you need to be thinking several moves ahead.

The US, misguided as it is, is doing some of these things because they feel they need to nip it in the bud before it's a problem for them later.

If the US was really going around the globe to spread peace and democracy, they'd start with food, water, and medicine, not bombs, drones, and white phosphorus.

I don't condone killing on either side, and the fact is, we have no real information about what's happening in Libya that the MsM doesn't feed us. We can only view this conflict through that prism. with the current track record of lies, fakes, and even fake libyan protests, it isn't that insane to question what's actually going on there.

the fact remains, people are dying, and if you are in a country that is part of NATO, you are funding this.

That said...... I didn't see anyone "murdered" in this video. I see them shooting a vehicle, firing some shots at the people fleeing, but once they stop, no more gun fire. One guy is waving a white shirt and they don't shoot him, the driver of the vehicle (assuming they drive on the same side as north America) is still moving around at the end of the video.

I see no "murder" in this video, but again, it's heavily edited so who knows what actually took place there.

This conflict begs a question.

If these armed "rebels" are now the ruling power and have ousted the government.......

Why didn't NATO go into England and install the rioters as the new government? Did they not get violent enough?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
this is an interesting subject here on ATS. we have those who are expressing their frustrations with what has been portrayed as a murderous, oppressive regime or an evil leader. and then there are posts outlining the alleged disinformation being pushed by the MSM, and seeming proof of the support Gaddhafi enjoys from an overwhelming amount of his people. Is this a person who gives $50,000 to newly married couples so they can buy a house? a person who offers free college education for libyans? is this a person who put up a lot of his own money to finance a mobile/internet infrastructure for africa? a person beloved by his people, so much so that nearly a third of them came out to support him (try to get a third of americans to get off the couch to do anything except go to mcdonalds) or is this a person who massacres his own people?

seriously, i would like to know because it will affect how i feel about this conflict.

thanks go to ChaoticOrder for the below video, he posted it in another thread recently and a couple of the things i reference are in this:

a week or so ago a friend of mine directed me to this video, which allegedly explains why the west would want to demonize gaddhafi:

i don't feel informed enough to even know what i think yet, though i am leery of the west and its intentions.i am also extremely leery of western media, any media, really.

i was thinking perhaps somebody could post here some clear examples of gaddhafi's reported evil. i certainly do not want to support a murderous dictator, in the us or anywhere else. it's difficult because everybody seems so convinced of their particular opinion. if anybody can get to the bottom of something, it's the ATS community.

thanks, guys!
edit on 30-8-2011 by godWhisperer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Did anyone actually watch the video? I don't think anyone died. The guy who first got shot was moving on the ground injured at the end of the video. The other guy who ran away walked back with his hands up, unharmed.

Hardly "indiscriminate murder".

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Did anyone actually watch the video? I don't think anyone died. The guy who first got shot was moving on the ground injured at the end of the video. The other guy who ran away walked back with his hands up, unharmed.

with all due respect, i watched the video and they would have murdered those people if they had been better shots. they blew up their truck and were aiming at them and shooting.

but what i wonder is if these are actually libyan rebels. what do i know? i guess they are but i have also heard that the "rebels" are a western fabrication created to justify the conflict.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

with all due respect, i watched the video and they would have murdered those people if they had been better shots. they blew up their truck and were aiming at them and shooting.

but what i wonder is if these are actually libyan rebels. what do i know? i guess they are but i have also heard that the "rebels" are a western fabrication created to justify the conflict.

Hmm..I'm not sure. There seemed to be plenty of rebels shooting. I'm sure they could have killed them if they wanted to. Also, we don't know that the Gaddafi supporters were unarmed. There could have been a RPG in that car for all we know.

All I'm saying is I didn't see any execution style murder going down, like the headline suggests. There is a war going on, after all. You would expect this kind of action from both sides.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

right on! i see what you mean. thank you for not flaming me in your response! i was kind of expecting to get blasted. instead you gave me a useful perspective. thanks! real communication has to be employed here if we are to rise above any disinformation.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The one in the green uniform is a Gaddafi trooper (likely a NCO)and the other one is likely one also.

They were a forward military patrol. armed or unarmed they were military targets till they throw up there hands and surrender.

No one looked to see if they had weapons in the truck or a radio to call in artillery.

About 1.20 you can see and hear small arms ammo cooking off in the truck from the fire. so they were armed.

They just got unlucky and drove right into a rebel roadblock and then tried to run instead of giving up.

From what i see they were treated better then the US marines would have treated the enemy.
They did not get put in flex-cuffs and have a bag put over there head.
This is marine ROE in the sandbox.
edit on 30-8-2011 by ANNED because: 439563

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

i agree with you totally. My point is that America needs to stay ourt of everyone's business. We average citezens don't know what's really going on but you can beleive that it's probably opposite than the propoganda being fed to us by the controlled media.

America need to worry about America and it's people. F**k the UN and being part of it. The whole thing is a farse anyway. just a way for more manipulatuion.

And you're 100% correct that if anyone wants to help it should be in the form of aid not war. This is basically my point. We just go in and kill for our BS made up reasons. It's all unjustified and the world sees and knows it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Swanfilters

One thing, I'd like you to provide me evidence that every single rebel is a member of Al-Qaeda. You have 10 minutes as of 10:27 AM GMT.

Isn't one member of a KNOWN terrorist group too many to support??
Man you are one sick puppy.

Let me explain this to you in a really easy way, so you understand because you seem to be a bit challenged.

There's good and bad everywhere. In every grouping, you get opportunists, still following me?

I support those who are legitimately fighting for freedom. I support those who have had enough of Gaddafi. I do NOT support those who are known members of Al-Qaeda.

I can provide this in picture form if you still have trouble understanding

Save your breathe, I have come to the conclusion that pro Gaddafi apologists are trawling through ATS right now. There will no logic just blind support for one of the worlds nastier dictators. All atrocities committed by Gaddafi will be dismissed as NATO-Rebel propaganda. All Libyans with broad smiles exclaiming how happy they are now they are rid of Gaddafi will be labelled NATO-US-CIA paid stooges.

The whole of Eastern Libya is one giant collection of millions of paid CIA stooges !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

i am a firm believer that one day we will all be judged for our actions on this earth.
watching things like this leaves a scar on your soul.

An unimaginable terror will descend on this world and the damned will be ripped apart.

starting with the leaders of the west.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Surprise surprise...

Nice find CasiusIgnoranze.

edit on 30-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Save your breathe, I have come to the conclusion that pro Gaddafi apologists are trawling through ATS right now. There will no logic just blind support for one of the worlds nastier dictators. All atrocities committed by Gaddafi will be dismissed as NATO-Rebel propaganda. All Libyans with broad smiles exclaiming how happy they are now they are rid of Gaddafi will be labelled NATO-US-CIA paid stooges.

The whole of Eastern Libya is one giant collection of millions of paid CIA stooges !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking about Millions. What about the 1,7 Million demonstrating for Gaddafi on July 1st. Do you think it is right that they get a sharia state foisted upon them or do they have the right to do the same what the rebels did and do you think NATO will help them as well?

And where is the PROOF for atrocities committed by Gaddafi. Up to this day there is not a single shred of evidence. Just accusations by the rebels and NATO and both groups are guilty of lying numerous times throughout the last five months.

By the way, it is a well known fact that the CIA and other groups have been very active in Libya way before this war even started.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join