It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ELENIN giving off a strange RF signal?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chelley
reply to post by princeofpeace

I spent about 10 Minutes cleaning this up and here are the results ALIEN VOICE

Michelle xxx

Ha ha - thats fabulous! Good work matey. I think it sayd gold is mine ha h ah ah a hahah ahahd a

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I hear "Doe Ray Me... hahahaha....."

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Sure as hell do miss the ignore button.
I like the actor on his avatar, and his posts are making me hate him

I just wonder what he's doing it for. At first I thought it was because he liked debate, and playing devils advocate (as it were since this is a conspiracy website lol), but as it happens he is unable to hold an arguament, just logs off after making his one line posts... (which he never gets called up on....).

I can only assume that he's realised that if he logs onto to EVERY SINGLE THREAD and posts "Hoax", "Fake", "Need sources", he gets some stars. So by doing that on EVERY SINGLE THREAD he gets lots and lots of stars.

The thing is, and I don't know why noone else does this, if you counter his points in every thread, he logs off, and you get some stars
(I've gotten around 90 stars on this thread for instance...).

Just seems weird, I'm sure he doesn't just do it for the stars though, maybe he likes being the voice of reason?

Back to the topic at hand though, I'm still somewhat convinced that the whole video is the result of someone getting the wrong end of the stick about the RF, getting some facts wrong and rushing to make a youtube video to increase the hits to their website

===> And people saying it must be fake because they hear voices are just hearing what they want to hear, it's brown noise, exactly as you'd expect when you convert a comets RF signal into audio

Which is why this topic is interesting, you can learn alot about someone by how they interpret random noises...

Or perhaps what we're seeing is a variation on EVP phenomina

edit on 1-9-2011 by MaxSteiner because: just watched the video

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
By no means do I understand everything discussed in the link I will post shortly. Here is a quote from within the Scientific Paper: "At least eight of the spectra in Figure 1 show narrowband MAN-MADE interference of unknown origin."
This scientific paper is based on a study of Comet Hale-Bopp and the study of ' MASER AMPLIFICATION OF A BACKGROUND SOURCE BY THE COMET'. MASER means," Microwave Amplification by Stimulation Emission of Radiation." We all ask for specific frequencys that a Radio Telescope may use for studyin the COMA of a Comet but when the informatition is found it can be hard to understand by a layman. But here is some information about the frequencys they used to study the Coma of Hale-Bopp."
Observations were made with the 26 m paraboloid of the Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory, low-noise receivers, and a three-level autocorrelation spectrometer that produced 512-channel spectra (Hovey 1997). The antenna was pointed using an ephemeris (JPL No. 45-DASTCOM3) provided by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (see Yeomans 1997). This ephemeris also controlled a receiver local oscillator to compensate for the topocentric velocity of the comet. Two independent signal paths preserved the two orthogonal polarizations from the feed horn through the receiver and spectrometer to produce separate spectra for each polarization. Spectra were obtained by switching the observing frequency half a bandwidth every 5.625 s. Subsequent software operations removed frequency switching and averaged the two polarizations. Most spectra were observed with a bandwidth of 500 kHz, which, after removal of frequency switching, produced a velocity range of 45 km s-1 in 256 channels. Apodization lowered the resolution to about 0.2 km s-1 per channel. Some spectra were taken with a narrower bandwidth of 250 kHz. "
All that is a little hard to digest. Suffice it to say: The study shows that a BackGround Source of Radiation excited the gaseous compounds within the Coma to produce a MASER effect which in turn EMITTED Amplified Signals. The coma amplified a background source and emitted Microwaves. Not as a BEAM but rather as a spread out wave. IF cellphones were affected as some posts in the message board stated then maybe microwave energy from Elenin is affecting it. We'll see.
Keep in mind that if Elenin is displaying the ability to amplify radiation as Microwave emissions then one has ponder what the result will be when the Radiation pumping source is not a 'background source from the universe' but a much closer source which is the SUN. Stronger Maser effect ?
The science is there to support the assumption the question is will it be just a great light show or something more...... Here is the science paper.
iopscience.iop.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerDave007

Here is the only part that a layman needs to understand:

Observations were made with the 26 m paraboloid of the Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory, low-noise receivers, and a three-level autocorrelation spectrometer

They were using a super-sensitive antenna ninety feet wide. Even if Elenin were more active than it really is, it's not going to mess with your cellphone reception unless it crashes through the atmosphere and knocks your cell tower down.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Thats actually somewhat interesting!
The RF from most bodies in space is generally light being reflected over a broad spectrum, but earth wacks out so many different waves from our various broadcasts that our sector of space is absolutely full of strange signals.
It's certainly not impossible, even somewhat likely that the comet would reflect back man made signals, but it's pretty difficult for stuff to get through our ionisphere from what I know:
en.wikipedia.org... (Basically thats what radio waves bounce off), so it would have to be pretty strong to bleed through!

I haven't looked personally at what the comet is supposed to be composed of, but given that a hell of alot of meteorites recovered contain strange compositions of known elements which are difficult to manufacture on earth it's certainly a possibilty that it might have some strange properties.

That's whats so great about this field
Doesn't need aliens to spice it up lol.
edit on 1-9-2011 by MaxSteiner because: wiki lin k

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
How do you suppose a ball of ice and rock could/would be able to send radio signals to us? It can't....it's a ball of ice and rock.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
it is said that signals that were produced from old tv shows like 'I Love Lucy' or 'The Honeymooners' are still traveling through outer space and with the right equipment could be viewed

the research paper i posted was the data for Hale-Bopp which was about 2 AU away or more but the science learned from it can be applied to Elenin. I doubt that a 24meter dish is needed to observe the same results as was used for the study of hale-bopp.

the whole paper is discussing the observation that the COMA of a comet can AMPLIFY electromagnetic energy from an external source. i do not recall it saying that a lump of ice and rock did the amplification. Using a gas to amplify electromagnetic energy is not new: Carbon Dioxide Lasers for example. The only difference is that the gas surrounding a comet is operating along different frequencies hence the Microwave Amplifcation description.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

it is said that signals that were produced from old tv shows like 'I Love Lucy' or 'The Honeymooners' are still traveling through outer space and with the right equipment could be viewed

Much as I like the thought of alien scientists trying to study terrestrial society by watching transmissions of "The Addams Family," the inverse square law quickly shows that signal strength of even the most powerful commercial broadcast stations would be negligible by the time the signal reaches the outer Solar System. This is why ground stations and outer planet probes have such huge dish antennae.

the research paper i posted was the data for Hale-Bopp which was about 2 AU away or more but the science learned from it can be applied to Elenin. I doubt that a 24meter dish is needed to observe the same results as was used for the study of hale-bopp.

I doubt that they would have used a 24 meter antenna with a lot of noise filtering if it wasn't absolutely necessary.

the whole paper is discussing the observation that the COMA of a comet can AMPLIFY electromagnetic energy from an external source. i do not recall it saying that a lump of ice and rock did the amplification. Using a gas to amplify electromagnetic energy is not new: Carbon Dioxide Lasers for example. The only difference is that the gas surrounding a comet is operating along different frequencies hence the Microwave Amplifcation description.

Correct, it is the cloud of ionized gas that originates inside the lump of ice and rock that gets excited by solar radiation and becomes electronically active. Since comet C/2010X-1 has dimmed dramatically after an encounter with a CME, it has probably lost most of its coma, at least temporarily. If actual radio-astronomers used a large radio-telescope and the proper equipment, they just might detect a similar maser effect. That is not what this thread is about, however.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelley
reply to post by princeofpeace

I spent about 10 Minutes cleaning this up and here are the results ALIEN VOICE

Michelle xxx

At last, someone who knows how to work an audio program!

Nice one Michelle.

It DOES sound like laughter at the end doesn't it, but the 'main message' (if you want to call it that) sounds to me like it's saying 'God save aliens' or possibly God save Elenin' then the heh heh heh ha ha ha ha at the end.

If you reverse it, it sounds like it's an American accented voice, saying something like 'Go get the engineer'

Hoax / prank is my opinion too.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Why would one hear the sound of the alien over the noise made by a spacecraft/comet traveling @ 500+km/sec.? Are they using a megaphone to herald their arrival?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Found something that seems to return a true pace plus. If this website is visited look down the page and click where it says;
Daniel Hubert's Red Giant Oscillation \symphony, here's the said site

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by XplanetX

So. USC doesn't have a radio telescope? They don't operate a radio telescope?
So why assign the possibility of any credibility to a youtube video (with a starviewer team stamp) which makes such a claim?

Oh, the SETI connection. SETI's California array is shut down.
edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

The team that works on SETI@home, not to be confused with the SETI Program (they are 2 entirely different things operated by two entirely different organizations). SETI@home is owned and operated by University of Southern California at Berkeley and is NOT shutdown. The SETI "program" that looks for life physically using radio telescopes was feeding off the Allen Telescope Array which was shutdown but has been reopened since they received personal donations from the likes of Jodie Foster. As far as I am aware, there is no radio telescope affiliated with this college that would have the capabilities to get signals like this. Please correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Probably a hoax indeed. But kind of reminds me of the whole Numbers Station thing. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rightback
This is an audio recording already altered .
The original recording is here

It's the flux capacitor Marty! No seriously, That Y shaped thing in the video does look exactly like it.
~SheopleNation
edit on 1-9-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
How do you suppose a ball of ice and rock could/would be able to send radio signals to us? It can't....it's a ball of ice and rock.

Yet we have yet to find a single comet that is made of ice, and so far very few which contain any water at all.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

As far as I know comets were never thought to be 100% ice/water. The thing that has surprised astronomers from the Deep Impact missions is that the ice is not on the surface of comets. Instead the majority of the ice is contained within the comets. In a more recent study it has even been hypothesized that Comet Wild 2 contains liquid water.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

As far as I know comets were never thought to be 100% ice/water. The thing that has surprised astronomers from the Deep Impact missions is that the ice is not on the surface of comets. Instead the majority of the ice is contained within the comets. In a more recent study it has even been hypothesized that Comet Wild 2 contains liquid water.

There was also the Stardust Mission: www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chelley

OMG!!!! That alien sounds like my Grandpa after he's had a few too many!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

www.universetoday.com...
Why does everything say that then?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join