It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ELENIN giving off a strange RF signal?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So... 14 pages in and no one has come up with the alleged RF frequency for this purported signal? And instead you're bickering over an audio file? The subject line states RF signal. So what frequency? I'll dial it in tonight and upload a waterfall of the signal (if it exists).

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Um.... you're being a bit of a wally aren't you?
RF signals put off by a comet in space detected with a radio telescope are not going to be picked up by your home rig at the distances we're talking.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ok, let's put this fully to bed right now. So far the only radio telescope anyone can find associated with USC is the Allen Array. Now, it's been mentioned that it went into hibernation in April, however received short-term funding earlier this month. However, just because it has received funding doesn't mean it is operational yet. In fact Tom Piersen, the institute's executive officer, stated that it will not be operational again until September. So, it is impossible for the Allen Array to have been used and since no other radio telescope is associated with USC this is a hoax.

Donations Revive SETI Quest

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You cannot learn anything without information gathering.

People thought the earth was flat. WOW..when they found out it was round!

I think I understand why some people are rude when it comes to others wanting to investigate, learn, connect dots...

The rude ones get annoyed and bitter because you question what they say. They desperately want people to close that window once their words of wisdom are read. There can be no other evidence or opinion other then....theirs.

For people to learn the World was round...it took many many little dots and quite a few discussions along with a boat before all dots were connected and the window closed.

Somethings are just learned by accident.

So...to all those that come in to discussions like this and make comments like...*God...NOT AGAIN!...I already TOLD you GUY'S... Elenin is NOT this OR that!...I'll tell you how I know... jus cuz
Cut it out. Let people get their ideas and thoughts and opinions across. That's what ATS is for. Common Sense would tell you...if your just SO DONE with Elenin and all that go with it.... then go to the jokes and puns section, or, dreams... you get the picture. I hope. But then... I thought something as simple as respect and learning wouldn't have to be explained.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Their website looks very legit. how much proof do we have that they have been known hoaxers? People keep saying they are but I don't think anyone has said why they believe that.

Brown dwarf (supernova remnant)
www.viewzone.com...

Comet cluster (Pleiades)
starviewer.wordpress.com...

Comet cluster (asteroids)
starviewer.wordpress.com...

edit on 8/31/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Their website looks very legit. how much proof do we have that they have been known hoaxers? People keep saying they are but I don't think anyone has said why they believe that.

I once got an urgent e-mail from my bank that looked very legit. I nearly responded to their "security alert" until I realized that ----bank wouldn't use azjzzjz.ru as their domain!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thanks for the file mate.

However...after running it through various filters and playing around with the tempo and pitch, i have come to the conclusion that someone is probably playing a joke.

If you reverse the audio, there is a distorted voice (with an American accent), saying what sounds like one of these possibilities:

'Look at the engine here'
'Go get the engineer'
'Look at the atmosphere'

Not reversed it sounds to me like it saying one of these:

'Believe the book'
'Leave the hog'
'So leave it on'
'Believe it all'

Also, there is what sounds like laughter or chuckling...so.

I'll try and cut and upload each type and loop it so you can see what i mean...if i can figure out how.

The 'Voice' definitely sounds to have an American accent to my English ears..Americans may not notice this so much.

I don't know why, call it a hunch if you like, but i think this is audio ripped from an episode of 'American Chopper', and disguised to sound other worldly.

Could be wrong, but i can't see how an ET with a base or ship built from or inside a comet, would have an American accent!

edit on 31/8/2011 by spikey because: Added info

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
So... 14 pages in and no one has come up with the alleged RF frequency for this purported signal? And instead you're bickering over an audio file? The subject line states RF signal. So what frequency? I'll dial it in tonight and upload a waterfall of the signal (if it exists).

Try 1420.356 MHz just for a laugh.

(The WOW! signal 1977)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Vandalour

Private donors raised $200,000 in 45 days, and the array is expected to resume looking for extraterrestrials (and doing other cool science) by mid-September.

news.discovery.com...
Wait, let me check a calendar.
Yes. I'm sure.

edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

That article was from the 17th.

Two weeks ago..you don't think it even remotely possible they had it up and running sooner?

They did say 'Expected to resume by mid September', expected isn't the same as saying 'at the earliest'.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Vandalour

Shut down. Turned off. Out of use. Not listening.

Like the difference between saying a car is scrapped and off the road no?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Possible I guess. I can't find anything saying it's up an running though.
But it is not "the USC radio telescope", is it?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

reply to post by habfan1968

USC is not Berkeley.
USC is the University of Southern California.
Berkeley is the Unversity of Californa, Berkeley.
There is no "USC radio telescope".

Thanks for that, i do get a little confused with the letters from universities.

Is it possible the person that posted the video made a mistake? USC vs University of California? They have a sound clip, may have come from Elinen, is there a chance they got the university mixed up?
edit on 30-8-2011 by habfan1968 because: (no reason given)

Sure there is.

They are Spanish as hear it, so it's very likely...and Phage would have well known this to be the most likely scenario with the UC and USC tit for tat with Max, but rather than be contributory, and help to get to the bottom of this, Hoax or not, he decided do be ultra pedantic and issue very short posts arguing the toss about USC or UC, rather than the thread topic as a whole.

Typically terse, and unhelpful as most debunkers are.

Just rubbish and discredit the source, argue about an extra 'S' for a hour or so, imply the Radio array is no longer in use to get folks to believe it couldn't possibly be true, (even though SETI have the funding in place and it's *may* well have been up and running for testing and calibration two weeks before it was estimated to be on line, and forget about what the actual thread really consists of.

Why? For what purpose?

If one truly believes this is a hoax, prove it or provide evidence honestly, not by slight of hand and word play.
If he/they can't be bothered, fair enough simply butt out of the thread.

I actually am thinking it probably is a hoax, but i won't argue for a few hours about UC or USC, i downloaded the file and have been using the time to play around with it instead (not that i know what i'm doing)...why couldn't phage have done the same?

Because with the quantity of sycophants trailing in his/their wake, phage has gotten to the point where he posts his thing, and that about wraps it up in many peoples minds...i'm encouraged to see not everyone takes what an anonymous member on an anonymous website forum has to say on a given subject for absolute truth to be honest.

It's a shame the public don't question their politicians a little more intensely too, perhaps then they wouldn't be led down the garden path so often.

I am reading as i go, and not skipping ahead to the end of the thread, so if these points have been raised and answered, apologies in advance.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Still focusing on the video and not the topic I see

2 parts of the video are inaccurate, but the video is not the topic.You don't dispute that the comet probably is giving off RF do you? So I'm wondering if you'll issue an apology if it turns out that USC IS ANALYSING RF signals from the comet?

Edit===>

Anyone else notice that Phage sticks a break halfway through a line
like this to stretch out his one line posts?

(Just wondering if thats all we need to do to get round the rule? Because I've been wracking my brain trying to get decent sized posts all this time and his way looks way easier!)
edit on 31-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: saw something interesting

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by habfan1968

Yeah, that's sort of the line of thinking I was working along.

Given that:
A) Comets do produce RF
B) CARMA was operating at the right time
C) USC and University of California is somewhat confusing to people who don't reallise quite how huge Californias population is

It's not out of the realms of possiblity that a dodgy Youtube video may have mistakes. That doesn't mean that nothing was collected though.

On the other hand, i'd fully expect and anyone who seriously call themselves open minded should also expect, that should it turn out a verbal signal from Elenin or indeed anywhere else from space (apart from earth made sources of course), were actually recieved, that we would see literally FLOODS of dodgy YT videos and sounds files as part of an obvious smear and obfuscation campaign, and to give plausible deniablity against the genuine video or file.

Happens all the time.

Part of the PTB armoury as far as denial goes.

edit on 31/8/2011 by spikey because: entered my reply within original quote area.

edit on 31/8/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Well when I first saw this topic, I was reminded of one of the old UFO txt files that used to do the rounds on the BBS' (Yeah, what can I say, been online since before there was a WWW and very little has changed lol), in it it claimed that the comet which came close to earth in (I think) 1980/81 was infact a UFO, and it would be back in the future with a Reptiloid invasion force

I don't tend to give any weight to such claims, but I sure as hell enjoy reading them

(Don't think its anyones place to debunk EVERYTHING they see on here, a HELL of alot of people like to read spurious conjecture and creepy stuff, they don't believe it, it's just fun. Seeing a someone try and debunk every topic gets old fast).
edit on 31-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Still focusing on the video and not the topic I see

2 parts of the video are inaccurate, but the video is not the topic.You don't dispute that the comet probably is giving off RF do you? So I'm wondering if you'll issue an apology if it turns out that USC IS ANALYSING RF signals from the comet?

Edit===>

Anyone else notice that Phage sticks a break halfway through a line
like this to stretch out his one line posts?

(Just wondering if thats all we need to do to get round the rule? Because I've been wracking my brain trying to get decent sized posts all this time and his way looks way easier!)
edit on 31-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: saw something interesting

Yes, noticed and noted before now.

Also, in answer to your question 'You don't dispute that the comet probably is giving off RF do you?', he has already answered in the negative to another query made earlier in the thread.

Admittedly it was a simple and terse 'No'. So, plenty of wiggle room there i suppose.

Member 'Psychoacoustic1' asked (in BOLD type)

IS THERE A NATURAL PROCESS THAT COULD PRODUCE SUCH AN RF SIGNAL FROM THIS KIND OF ORBITING BODY?

Phage opened his reply as i described above...a simple 'No'.

So, no natural processes from this kind of orbiting body can possibly produce an RF signal eh?

O...K..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by spikey

Well when I first saw this topic, I was reminded of one of the old UFO txt files that used to do the rounds on the BBS' (Yeah, what can I say, been online since before there was a WWW and very little has changed lol), in it it claimed that the comet which came close to earth in (I think) 1980/81 was infact a UFO, and it would be back in the future with a Reptiloid invasion force

I don't tend to give any weight to such claims, but I sure as hell enjoy reading them

(Don't think its anyones place to debunk EVERYTHING they see on here, a HELL of alot of people like to read spurious conjecture and creepy stuff, they don't believe it, it's just fun. Seeing a someone try and debunk every topic gets old fast).
edit on 31-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

Agreed.

I used to do the BBS bit too...Blimey, that takes me back a bit! I remember sitting for a couple of hours, online to a US BBS from the UK, downloading an image of the moon! 300 baud i think i had, and that was pretty good back then!

How things change eh.

My wife (then girlfriend) gave me misery when we got the phone bill in, it was huge! But yeah, it was fun, it was almost like magic back then.

And yeah, just because someone finds a topic amusing or interesting enough to speculate or allow imagination to run a little, doesn't mean they should be taken to task for it, and made to feel a numpty.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Hahaha that's even more amusing if he did, because I've posted sources which say that they do, including NASA

I'm guessing Phage has some sort of area of expertise? I'm coming back to this place after a few years out and he seems to be EVERYWHERE, but I don't think I was present for ascendancy to the seat of thread psychopomp...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm going to attempt to put this to bed once and for all. I am in the process of emailing Dr. Werner Dappen, the chair of USC's Physics and Astronomy Department regarding the Starviewer Team's report. I will however mention that USC does not appear to focus their research on comets or even the planets. It looks like most of their professors have a background and interest in helioseismology. Furthermore, nowhere on the department page does it mention a radio telescope. Their work is done at the Carnegie Observatories, which does not have a radio telescope, although it does have some very nice natural imaging telescopes.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
I'm going to attempt to put this to bed once and for all. I am in the process of emailing Dr. Werner Dappen, the chair of USC's Physics and Astronomy Department regarding the Starviewer Team's report. I will however mention that USC does not appear to focus their research on comets or even the planets. It looks like most of their professors have a background and interest in helioseismology. Furthermore, nowhere on the department page does it mention a radio telescope. Their work is done at the Carnegie Observatories, which does not have a radio telescope, although it does have some very nice natural imaging telescopes.

Good for you Xcalibur.

At least you're willing to do some leg work mate.

Well done, it's appreciated.

Isn't it UC array though? With all this very confusing USC and UC and all the rest flying about, i thought it had been settled that it was UC that is in collaboration with SETI and are more than likely calibrating and testing the array for readiness?

Could be wrong.

edit on 31/8/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join