It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Messages On Dollar Bills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is pretty interesting and new to me, I wonder how many other word combinations are possible with this.

Artist Dan Tague creates messages of empowerment from folding dollar bills, sometimes as many as 100 times.

www.buzzfeed.com...

Love And Hate

The Heat Is On

Freedom Land

Lest We Forget

Trust No One

We Need A Revolution

Reality Sucks

Holy #

Read his(the artist) mission statement or buy prints of his folded creations dantaguestudio.com.../sculpture/statement/

Cost of War/ Price of Freedom In this exhibition I focus on the intersection of freedom and war. Is the cost of war another way of looking at the price of freedom? John F. Kennedy said, “It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war.” Or are these ideas at odds with one another? Benjamin Franklin offered, “There never was a good war or a bad peace.” Perhaps you need war to have the peace that accompanies freedom. “I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain.” (John Adams) The more involved I became in the studio, the more I contemplated these ideas. So I began working on two related bodies of work. One I named The Price of Freedom where I created messages of empowerment from folded bills. Proclamations like United We Stand and I Am Free I embrace the freedoms we enjoy daily. The other simultaneous series is The Cost Of War where I probed the means by which this freedom is achieved or supposedly protected. When threats arise that jeopardize our way of life, we often respond with force. Military aggression costs billions of dollars and often leads to economic stain resulting in job loss, decline in education, and further restrictions in medical resources for citizens. In this light some of our basic freedoms are compromised to protect our more capitalist interests. Charles Sumner adds, “Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace.” The cost of war has created an internal war on our economy, where the generals are CEOs and the tanks are toxic assets. This is a costly war under the camouflage of billion dollar bailouts. It is not coincidence that our money mimics military camouflage as illustrated in this new body of work. The only question now is where do we go from here. Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron. ~Dwight Eisenhower

edit on 3/9/2011 by Sauron because: internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

Loved the "Trust No One".

They are all pretty good.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I jumped to a conclusion that this was just another secret masonic type tread. I'm glad I stopped by. This was great fun. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Very cool! someone had a lot of time on their hands

These just aren't hidden. The templates for these were made on a medium that can't fold up like a Chinese crane, so no. No conspiracy here folks. This is just some good old fashion boredom that is fun.

Once again, interesting nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Interesting, I wish I had that much time and creativity lol

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
yeah someone must have been bored and had alot of free time

people see what they wanna see

and when they can they make it so

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I can't even fathom how much time went into messing around with the dollar bill so much that your able to find all these little ways to make stuff into, very talented I'm gonna say~

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Are these 'messages' made from one dollar bills or did he use also an one hundred dollar bill?

Btw...what is the largest amount of dollars on a US dollar bill..? Is that one hundred?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Those are several different bills being used.

Just someone with too much time and over imagination

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
uncyclopedia.wikia.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b487933b18b4.png[/atsimg]

The Australian government has placed a subliminal message on their 5 dollar note to indoctrinate the general public to save the whales by placing a giant penis in a whales mouth which is visible if you fold the $5note horizontally across the old bitches(Queen's) chin.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
These are really cool. I wouldn't call them secret though.

ALS

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
These are really cool. I wouldn't call them secret though.

ALS

I thought it was this video which is great by the way...
Eye Of The Phoenix : Secrets Of The Dollar Bill

Masonic President Franklin Roosevelt, aided by his Secretary of Agriculture/Vice President Wallace, ordered these Seals to be placed on the back of the Dollar Bill in 1935, having been urged on and advised by the Russian channeler/mystic, Nicolas Roerach.

Americans had no idea that the Roosevelt Administration was as controlled by mystic, Black Magick forces, as it was. Had they known the degree to which Roosevelt was controlled by Black Magick forces, he would have been forced out of office immediately. 5) Former Satanist, Doc Marquis, reveals that, while in the Illuminati, he was taught that the two Seals are NOT official seals of the United States, but of the Global Illuminati!

Google Video Link

edit on 24-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Saw this a while ago on Buzzfeed. Really cool!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's all very well talking about the past, but what about the future? And if it is in the US banknotes, what about other banknotes around the world? Is 7/7 in the UK banknotes? Could they be used to predict?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I think the we need a revolution is bitchin', however it looks like its a couple different bills folded together 2 make it say this. I just wanted 2 know if its 1 bill or more. & if it is more then 1 its cheating & makes it not even as fascinating!!!

top topics

join