It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Thai Police defuse powerful Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just half an hour before it was set to explode Security forces in southern Thailand have managed to defuse a powerful bomb. The bomb was found outside a branch of the Thai Military Bank in the Narathiwat province.

BBC NEWS
The unrest in southern Thailand began in January, with militants targeting officials, teachers and police.

Since then, there have been a spate of violent attacks, the worst of which was on 28 April, when more than 100 suspected militants were killed after launching a co-ordinated series of raids on government posts.

On Thursday, police killed a suspected militant for failing to stop his vehicle at a checkpoint in Yala province.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related Links
Thai government

Related Atsnn Links
ATSNN

"Narathiwat is one of four southern provinces hit by a spate of recent attacks by Islamic insurgents."

"the bomb, which was made from ammonium nitrate, nails and plastic explosive."

This is the first time I have heard of Islamic insurgents in Thailand could
Al -qaeda be moving further out to spread terrorism. Thats if it is Al-qaeda The fact that they used Ammonium nitrate and plastic explosive sounds like to me they meant serious business. Also the added content of the nails is meant to cause serious harm and panic adding more to the destruction and this reminds me of the IRA.

[edit on 8-21-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 26/8/2004 by SE7EN]

join