It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photograph Israeli Mermaid, Win $1 Million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You got the free time and a camera you might be able to become a millionaire by takiing a picture.

abcnews.go.com...

According to numerous eyewitnesses, the mythical sea creature looks like a cross between a little girl and a dolphin, and only comes out at sunset. "People are telling us they are sure they have seen the mermaid and they are all independent of each other," said Natti Zilberman, a local council spokesman.

I am curious if somebody might get creative and try to hoax this for the money. Lord knows people create fake stuff for alot less. Some examples of fakes:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1b1bec24ffa6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3fdf49fa55f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0541a84febb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Those are fakes? You're always calling everything fake.

I suppose you'd call this one a fake too?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Zionist Mermaid.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That blonde mermaid is kinda hot.....
I saw a show on the SciFi channel not to long ago about this. Destination Truth I think it is called. They went there and looked but didn't find anything. I think it is just a marketing ploy to try and get more tourism.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Is that to divert attention from the "siria has WMDs and Im scared " fairy tale? Or is it for real?

Originally posted by billy197300
That blonde mermaid is kinda hot.....
I saw a show on the SciFi channel not to long ago about this. Destination Truth I think it is called. They went there and looked but didn't find anything. I think it is just a marketing ploy to try and get more tourism.

No poo Sherlock...
edit on 30-8-2011 by Juanxlink because: Add quote

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
"I believe if there really is a mermaid," Zilberman said, "then so many people will come to Kiryat Yam, a lot more money will be made than $1 million."

Wouldnt it be funny if a Palestinian took the photo ,

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hey. Let's leave the politics/anti-religious/whatever comments at the door. Not allowed in my crypto forum.

Here's a real "fake", have you heard of these guys? Fiji mermaids. They're worth looking up if you haven't. Those hot girls in costumes are products of people who weren't even trying. If you haven't gotten dead animal on your hands, you have made no effort to create a fake animal. That probably sounds bad. This is what I mean:

People really fell for it.

The sad truth is that it's likely some sort of marine mammal unusual for the area, possibly with a deformity or disease, most likely far too close to shore. The IMMRAC has a handy list of marine mammals commonly seen around Israel, for your pondering: immrac.org...
edit on 8/30/2011 by ravenshadow13 because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Excellent
never heard of those before.. thanks.. learn something new everyday.

tho your comments and picture remind me of a famous local fake.. the piltdown man.

new topics

top topics

join