It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justify your existence!!...bloody Aussies!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I love those stickers by the way, you know, the one's idiots stick on their cars down here? ha ha hmf! (snort!)

anyhoo...

I haven't done a hello yet, and I want to start a thread on something else I've been researching for the last few weeks.
I read somewhere you had to do an intro first (least I'm honest, can't be bothered checking today, if you need to or not) so...business first.

Hello

Giday

Thank you, whoever, for having me so far
I appreciate it

'Some' of us (Australians) have a certain way of saying things sometimes and, may I just apologize now for any misunderstandings (should you suffer from one or two) past present and future from this post, I hesitate painfully to even stick my neck out, through sheer gutlessness, but my arrogance and need to share some information won out, so here I am...
I may or may not be sorry, but that's beside the point really, I think I have good intentions, just sometimes quite crap at executing them.

Enough of the fine print!
I actually am just like the rest of yews....My curiosity drew me to ATS some months ago now, and what a ride! I have never felt so unstable about the future in my life, I don’t mind so much. The feeling let’s you know you’re alive.
I have something to say too AND a question for you.

Here's the question first, for those of you who don't like surprises, yeah! You know who you are!

Can You Justify Your Existence?

Go on then! I dare you, spill it!..................Oh and say hello too...

OK me first then....

I mother four children. From their education (in life and school, painful or otherwise), to their food intake and their budding sex lives, (scary stuff, a real test of inner calm), and I even share bills and how much money we have in the bank.
I mother them...
I give them (or assist them with) the tools, then see how they go...
I like what mother nature grows for me, to grow my family, and my mind, my choice, *snip*
I am woman to my man, I feed him of my heart and my body, but my soul is mine no matter what.
He works for my comfort and I his. A fact I struggled with while contributing four other humans to this planet.
I am....I was a worker (in the money earning sense), an estimator for the domestic housing industry (A builders daughter) born with the wrong tackle. I’m sad/happy to say I sought solace in mothering and a job of a different kind, not easily adjusted to, let me tell you...
My digression irritates me...sorry

I will always open my door for you if you need
If you hurt what is my responsibility and what I love, I will retaliate
Deliberate ignorance irritates me immensely
I voted once in our country by accident
I have yet to kill a fish I have caught
Watching the news sometimes makes me cry
The History of violence from humans makes me angry
Last night I accidentally decapitated a gecko and felt sick

Don't you think these are better bumper stickers?

ha ha ha I do!
Do I justify my own existence? I dunno, you be the judge if you want I have thick skin.

A short story of a different kind...

Left the teenage (eldest 15) daughter to baby sit the other night, with a male visitor of similar age.
(She's been taught well, he'd have no hope unless she wanted to...stunning girl of mine
)

So we had a RARE night out, in our tiny council/mafia-style-run town, and hubs and I went for pool.
Now, I don't know about you, but if there's no pool tables, it's NOT a real pub!
Obviously this is my opinion, but without them, talking in alcoholic establishments tends to become decidedly un-educational as the night progresses, it's good to have a back up plan......that’s just me

Thankfully my boasting paid off and I kicked hubs butt (again! and he's good!), and another two couples rocked in, clearly up for a few games and fun.
Caucasian, several-generations-in-Australia-type-people. One of the women was a chippy, (carpenter) and clearly wanted recognition for this, as it was mentioned over and over and over, anyway, the other one spoke, um, well, ...

pinch your lips together, get a high whiny voice with a rounded twang (round the words) emphasise the sss, now say...

"I thought I was gunna die when those gins walked in!"
(she was referring to the three (clearly) aboriginal people who'd walked in 10 min. earlier, then left shortly after.

hmmmm....

Dead set what a w*nker! Fancy going up to someone you don't even know and saying something like that?!

She doesn't know that most of my family and or friends aren't aboriginal?! Even if I didn't personally know any, how does she feel confident enough (in this day an' age) to say such crap out loud?! What a knob.
What a dreg (a piece of rotten indescribable 'something') attitude!

aside from that...

The town we live in, and inevitably this entire region, is full of people from across the globe!

Our surrounding area supplies (I think please don't quote me) about one third of tomatoes, capsicums and about two thirds of the mangos to all of Australia.
Our town only survives because we have hundreds of people from all over the world here doing the hard stuff Aussies wont, or doing it because the farmers wont hire Aussies because we have a very firm sense of what's right and wrong, especially if it impinges on our comfort.
Admittedly we rip the back packers off, but more on that only if you ask the question.
Our town is full of South Koreans, Germans, English, Indonesians, Middle Eastern, French (you get the idea) peoples every year. From about March through till December/January.
Australia itself is founded on the sweat of immigrants and my lineage goes back generations to the first fleet.
Fancy an Aussie chick having that attitude in this area about our truly local people?!
Who the he11 is she to have such opinions?!

I was appalled to say the least, and the pacifist in me kicked their loud mouthed butts on the table, oh yes I did.
Later I was disappointed with myself for not saying straight out how ignorant I think she is, usually I would have.
Recently though, I wonder if there is any point to it. Clearly she has been risen to think the sun shines out of her ample ar*e.
Would me pointing out her deficiency really change her attitude?

Don’t reckon.

I don't understand why people don't get the simple fact that to hold on to those prejudices takes more effort than to not.
Or is it just my laid back Aussie heritage?

Thanks again for having me, I hope my introduction is okay, and ATS has some real gems.

Amanda

edit on 29/8/2011 by Sauron because: removed insult

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Hi Amanda, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
And the town in Question ,Is it Ayr?
welcome AussieAmanda

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I live in the US and come across that same mentality in people sometimes regarding Native Americans. People tend to be prejudice against them for some reason. It should be the other way around, hell, we took their whole country from them. We at the very least owe them alot of respect. IMO

My existence is justified because my beer is cold.

edit on 30-8-2011 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Can You Justify Your Existence?

To whom do I have to justify it and what's so special about them???

Get use to having your questions answered with another question and welcome to ATS..
Stacks of us Aussies here.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Nope guess again...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Only ever yourself, I believe...
I have come across quite a few so far, glad to see. oi oi oi

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
yeees. There are plenty of us floating around.

Hi, Amanda
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Please to meet you and an enjoyable read thanks

It's still amazes me that there are more aussies than me around that question ... That's why i come here

See you around

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I remember when I joined ATS way back in 2008, there were only a small group of us Aussies here and we looked out for each other. It's great to see more and more Aussies finding this site, I can only hope we manage to remain as loyal to each other as I have previously experienced here.

Welcome to ATS mate!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You forfathers were chained to ships for crimes against the English..
FACT...
Get over yourselves..
Regards
Plazmuh

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mfc1PLAZMUH

/sigh....

There's always one isn't there.

You do know that not ALL Aussies have criminal forefathers don't you? I'm descended from one of the guards sent over to oversee them as a matter of fact.

That and back then, something as small as stealing a loaf of bread to feed your starving family could get you sent down here.

Do you have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add, or are you just attempting to troll, and failing dismally at it?
edit on 30/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Your smugness and arrogence seeps out of every word fella..
Obviosly the one beating out the oarstroke and cracjking that whip..
Its just a joke you barmy *snip*
Jeez get a sense of humour..
Regards
Plazmuh

edit on 30-8-2011 by mfc1PLAZMUH because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/8/2011 by Sauron because: snipped profanity circumvention

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Doesn't really read like too much of a joke mate

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Thanks

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaledown

I had to find somewhere else to question, my family think I'm nuts...so here I am

it's a great site

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Ahhh don't be too tough on them, it was funny.

Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Well my parents were 10 pound Poms..

Me? I was only 2 so I got here for free..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Haha i have some aussies in my UAV course here in Arizona , bright dudes. Crazy uniforms.

top topics

join