It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAfrica police probe Facebook photo depicting white hunter kneeling over 'prey,' a black boy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

SAfrica police probe Facebook photo depicting white hunter kneeling over 'prey,' a black boy

www.startribune.com

JOHANNESBURG - South African police are investigating an image posted on Facebook of a white man with a hunting rifle and a big grin kneeling in a classic hunter's pose over his "prey" — what appears to be the lifeless body of a black boy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 29-8-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/30/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Beyond inhumane, an animal with a gun. When I saw the article and the photo it broke my heart. How can anyone who more than likely identifies himself as human (what a joke) do such a thing and then show the world what a beast he really is as a badge of honor, wow.
I wonder what kind of punishment he receive for his deed?

www.startribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here's the photo link

imageshack.us...
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

It seems a bit premature to blithely assume that it is real - the article you linked to notes that police are making further enquiries to establish exactly what it is - which seems like a more rational approach than yours - or do you know more than you have posted??

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Scary

seems fake but who knows people are animals so anything possible
edit on 8/29/2011 by toothpastert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Looks like it could be fake but if it's real this is just disgusting...

The people of this planet......are..............getting....................out.....................of......................control.

Where does power end for people? And this goes across the board...........from the bankers and cops all the way down to this type of scum.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by toothpastert

That's insane, I hope that is fake if not somebody's going to kill him.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by Chai_An

It seems a bit premature to blithely assume that it is real - the article you linked to notes that police are making further enquiries to establish exactly what it is - which seems like a more rational approach than yours - or do you know more than you have posted??

Maybe it is a bit premature on my part but it's sick none the less even if it turns out to be a joke.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
From this source, it appears it is an old pic and a hoax.

On Twitter on Sunday Hartley - now editor of the Sunday Times - defended the decision to publish this extremely racist image on the front page of his newspaper despite its being at least three years old, saying: "Our story is about an extremely racist image being published on Facebook now, in 2011. We must find the person who published this image."

www.politicsweb.co.za...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

You said it, I don't know how much or what else to add. But if that picture is real, somebody have mercy on us. That is insane.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
From this source, it appears it is an old pic and a hoax.

On Twitter on Sunday Hartley - now editor of the Sunday Times - defended the decision to publish this extremely racist image on the front page of his newspaper despite its being at least three years old, saying: "Our story is about an extremely racist image being published on Facebook now, in 2011. We must find the person who published this image."

www.politicsweb.co.za...

Yes the article said that was a old pic but I don't remember it saying it was a hoax just that it was being investigated at that time which was 2008.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Assuming it is a hoax, who would find it funny real or fake? And what sort of maggot would come up with the idea of it in the first place? FFS human race...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The rightwing "hunter" in a Facebook picture paid a black child to pose as his "trophy" — but the photograph was old news, Beeld reported on Monday. Hawks spokesperson McIntosh Polela said this was what the man, who calls himself Eugene Terrorblanche on his Facebook page, had told the police during an investigation in 2007.

news.iafrica.com...

"The question is, why has the picture re-appeared on Facebook because it is in bad taste,” Polela told the Afrikaans daily Beeld.

www.sowetanlive.co.za...

Bad taste indeed

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
As sick as the world is and has been I wouldn't be shocked if it was real. I would be saddened but not surprised. Like I tell my wife ,look around you everyday and wonder how many would be killers or rapists you pass on the way to work, maybe not many but there are some and that's enough to be weary of who you encounter. Half of them are just waiting for opportunity. Not saying you have to be 100 percent alert all the time but wonder who your really neighbors are. Ted Bundy was a nice guy too or so they thought.

This guy is sick regardless. If it's not real I hoped they rattled his cage finding out.

*Good find Jam321.
edit on 29-8-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This fake picture is displayed to incite anti-White sentiment and paint White people in the worst possible light imaginable. Don't fall for the propaganda.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This could very well be a faked image for the purpose of stirring up racial tensions.
It could also be real, but I'm gonna lean on fake.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I believe it's fake as well.

But none the less, very possible in this world today...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
They know who to charge as an accessory to the crime but wont charge them.

Facebook has the right to use your images because of their terms and conditions.

So if Facebook has the rights to use it. they also share the right to be charged.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
it's very possible that he (as stupid people do) came across the body while hunting and (again, as stupid people do) took a photo with it.... *shrugs*

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It looks digitally manipulated to me, but I can't be sure.

Even if it is a fake, the sentiment is disgusting. If fake, what's curious is if someone created it to promote anti-black racism or anti-white racism. Whichever the case, the photo is provocative and gross.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

i think it would be more anti-white.

and that gun would have basically destroyed that kid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join