It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how dreams effect real life: part two

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
last night i dreamt that i was falling down a canyon and i woke up jus before i landed like always but my parents heard me screaming and yelling and when i woke up my body hurt all over.this is what happened and it happened before when i was six and ive just had it again exactly like last time.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
ook well i guess its not a great post eh?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well...try making your sentances a bit more clear...

Plus, I don't really see anything in your post that people could reply to - what's your point?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Seems to be some reoccurring dream

Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon?

Is there any reason you can think of why the Grand Canyon is the setting for your dream?

And lastly is there anything else that stands out in the dream?

Also keep a dream log, this will help you look for a pattern.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There is a relationship between dreams and reality. Its more towards real life affecting the dreams than the other way. However, sometimes very important real-life decisions can be made using the subconscious (dreams). Try reading on Dream Incubation.

If a dream is recurring, then usually there is a certain meaning behind it. A recurring "falling" dream is generally associated with insecurities, anxieties, or instabilities in real life. Click here for more explanation. Different interpretations are possible, so try searching.

May be you fell off your bed while dreaming and that could be the reason why your body was hurting, or there could be another reason. There isn't any scientifically provable theory that I know of claiming an event of a dream affecting a person physically in real life, like your story. Well, that doesn't mean I'm right, there could be.

Try posting more details of your experiences.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I don't believe in these modern one-word interpretations for dreams. Instead, I believe dreams should be interpreted on a personal basis. Someone can tell you what individual symbols can mean, but only you or someone who knows you, or perhaps a psychologist can tell you anything relevant.

Urn

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
maybe you tensed your muscles up while you were dreaming, sort of bracing yourself for impact, and pulled some muscels (the muscles along the ribs can really hurt if pulled, and is pretty easy to do)

if the falling lastsed a long time, you could have been real tense for a while...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
i remember dreaming about a pen rolling towards the edge of a table in my bedroom and then i'm awakened by the pen falling in reality!

happened when i was 9 or 10

top topics

join