It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
only another year or so to go before we can eliminate half the garbage that gets touted around here as fact. ANd then get down to serious scientific discussion about unexplained phenomena. Since before Y2K its been a doomsday prophecy one after the other. with even mass media doing story's of Nostradamus and what not. Its all smoke and mirrors.

I actually came to this site in the hope for intelligent discussion about such and related things because i am interested in such subjects - but MOST of the input and threads here is is just plain stupid, and i mean in a way that i can often hardly take it anymore. Smoke, Mirrors, Art Bell, Hoagland etc. GARBAGE anywhere.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I wonder when Niburu releases a message about the Galactic Federation destroying Elenin to prevent more disasters on earth

edit on 30-8-2011 by Blackbird1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by bjsmi2
SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1), widely known for inaccurate reports of its threat to Earth, appears to be breaking apart.

spaceweather.com...

That's just different stages of the Annunaki spaceship separating... Or the scout ships disengaging from the Mothership....

Hmm I just watched Battlefield Los Angeles on Bluray and hello that was fiction and same scenario and guess what Art imitating life now all you Newbs!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

The tail and coma is proof that Elenin has lost mass. Where do you think that mass comes from?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

They're basing the theory on previous observations of comets disintegrating.

Time will tell if this is correct this time or not.

I agree with you as to the observation.

I'd just wanted to make it clear to folks who are taking this a proof of disintegration of the comets size?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Just a reminder that no-one has actually seen the comet break into fragments. Michael Mattiazzo has recorded a sudden dimming of the comet. This has led him to hypothesize that the comet may be breaking up.On the other hand, it is possible that a recent CME, a gust of solar wind, as it were, simply blew the coma away and it is now reforming through the usual processes. I mention this in part to forestall the "OMG Elenin is getting brighter again" threads. We'll know know for sure when the comet passes its perihelion.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Symbolism is an arbitrary false collection of unrelated numbers and whatnot compiled in hindsight to deceive. Name one prediction symbolism foretold.

You have no idea what symbolism is.

I need that 'brain-closed' symbol here. Since the date I have mentioned has not yet passed, explain to me how I am using hindsight? Explain how it is used to deceive.

Seeing as you would rather shoot down a possibility without actually giving it some thought. Let us see you do some thinking for once. Explain how an impact event would be handled and how it would be told to the little people, in your opinion.

st.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The idea that disbursement is relevant to displacement is a leap of logic of irrational proportions as the fact that this Comet has gone from a focused singular activity to multiple complex situations depending on the comets make up may be also detrimental to earth life too?!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Perhaps it has disintergrated, and perhaps it was just that, a simple comet. There are many schools of thought floating about, so I thought I would add my two pence on the subject. Firstly, perhaps this is 'Misdirection', whilst we are all trying to focus our attention on comet elenin, and trying to link it to various earth related events, something else is actually afoot in a different part of the solar system, just not the area we are focusing on. My second theory is that perhaps all this elenin hype was intended, so that when this comet broke apart, and nothing happened / happens, we will have lost a great deal of credibility, so for instance when something does come along that is genuine, no one will beleive us, like the story of the 'boy who cried wolf'.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

The tail and coma is proof that Elenin has lost mass. Where do you think that mass comes from?

Pls refer back to the picture of which Micheal has based his observations. There isn't really much we can make as to the tail and coma being proof of Elenin's significant decrease in mass, as being highly speculated.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nustle

I like your logic there Nustle as I was also under the same idea that Comet Elenin was a ruse for another onslaught of something we could not comprehend due to our anthropomorphic based beliefs on our basic cosmogony of the Universe etc. Whether it be a malevolent or benevolent outcome is any ones guess....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Good point, I thought maybe the CME may have helped the disintegrating process along.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Can someone more knowledgeable see this and explain the behaviour Elenin is exhibiting here please

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by bjsmi2

I was watching it on Stereo Behind HI1

Stereo images

punch in 20110814 through to 20110831

Watch the path of the comet....

Still strange to me for some reason.

Because it's slowing down. I just realised it seems to slow down completely. Would that cause a decrease in magnitude?

The appearance of it slowing down could be caused by some sort of retrograde motion I guess. I think thats the answer.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

Oh, just a hydro-fusion nuclear reactor we call the sun.

Damn good at melting Ice, you know.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

uh, no. I really don't give a damn about someone else's speculation. What I know is when ice steams, the ice cube looses mass.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Just a reminder that no-one has actually seen the comet break into fragments. Michael Mattiazzo has recorded a sudden dimming of the comet. This has led him to hypothesize that the comet may be breaking up.On the other hand, it is possible that a recent CME, a gust of solar wind, as it were, simply blew the coma away and it is now reforming through the usual processes. I mention this in part to forestall the "OMG Elenin is getting brighter again" threads. We'll know know for sure when the comet passes its perihelion.

Thanks DJW001 for a rather convincing explanation on your path.

Although, we can safely assume that it has passed it's perihelion, is there any coma size estimates we can relate to, with regard to the speculated decrease in size whatsoever?

edit on 30-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

It's observed scientific fact that when comets outgass they lose mass, that's all I was saying, it's ejected mass from the body of the comet–tail, coma. What ever you are talking about a degree of significance is something else. Comet outgass is lost mass, period.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

There is a tail. That's the glowing thing breaking apart behind it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Nooooo!!!!!

I was getting ready to sing the Doom song!

It goes something like this...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I'd say the appearance of slowing down is due to it moving away from STEREO B.

If you can visualize where Elenin is relative to the view of STEREO B, you'll see what I mean.

Load up these two pages to help.

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here's a quick diagram:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa3069978ccb.png[/atsimg]

STEREO B is roughly where the red dot is.

edit on 30/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join