It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1), widely known for inaccurate reports of its threat to Earth, appears to be breaking apart.

spaceweather.com...

Can ALLLLLL of the Elenin threads now be moved to the debunked section as well as all of the 2012 stuff that references Elenin?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by maddog99

What what is?
It's the coma of the comet.. It has no perfect shape, tetrahedral or otherwise. (which happens to be the word that Hoagland used. At best, in the youtube video there is a vaguely triangular shape. I'll give you that, but to extend a 2 dimensional image to three dimensions is nothing but imagination, something that Hoagland (and you apparently) have in abundance.

edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Please phage can you warn me before you have these digs I just about spat my coffee all over my laptop as I laughed. I never realise cognitive dissonance could be projected in 3D from a photo.....must be something to do with holographic theory of spacetime.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1), widely known for inaccurate reports of its threat to Earth, appears to be breaking apart.

spaceweather.com...

Can ALLLLLL of the Elenin threads now be moved to the debunked section as well as all of the 2012 stuff that references Elenin?

Ahh you forget one important conspiracy :

Elenin is not a single object but multiple objects, a fleet of ships from Nibiru. So this latest information merely highlights that the fleet is now preparing to approach Earth in formation.

Sorry but we have to wait until they land!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

hahahaha

deal

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I guess an imperfect shape can create a Triangle when light is reflecting it just right? hmm, I should have stayed in school.

Btw...The imagination is a skill worth developing. Some of the worlds most brilliant minds have one!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

spaceweather.com...

OK... Maybe it's just me but............
Assuming 'comet' ELEnin is indeed a 'comet' and not some spacecraft or planet, like 'science' is telling us right now. Wouldn't the 'break-up' of it be more dangerous to earth then when it is in a 'solid' state?

Now it's following an 'orbit', but when pieces break off, those will create there own orbit. Since ELEnin is passing close to earth, would it not be very likely that those pieces traveling with ELEnin are able to hit earth? Gonna try to make a ACII example of what i mean here.

ELEnin not broken up:

O

ELEnin broken up:
. . . . .
. . . o . . .
. . . . . .

NOTE: Ofcourse the debris or parts or NOT this linear as i made them but you get the point right.

The O is representing ELEnin in a not broken up state and the o when it is 'reduced' in size and the . . as the debris or pieces of ELEnin around it following it's orbit but spread out.

This is just my thought tho, try to throw a hard ice ball to a tree, and the one of loose snow, witch breaks apart in mid air (like ELEnin is doing now apperantly) those loose parts are scattered out in the air hitting a bigger area.

Just my 2 sents tho!
edit on 30-8-2011 by Required01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

post by WhiteHat
Is this confirmed somewhere else?

Yes it is , and with pictures too

8h magnitude and steady- in process of disintegrating. Will not survive perihelion. Low western evening sky.
members.westnet.com.au...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I hope this stupid Comet/Spaceship/Cookie/Horse, hits us!
I cant even hear the name Elenin no more...and always this discussions about it...ooh maaan ^^

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

More like someone has microwaved the snowball.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by missedchance

Originally posted by eywadevotee
I wish they were Annunaki! They are Draconians. I don't think there is much else to say, except Sept 22-26 should be a bit amusing...

I can't pinpoint exact date, but yep, it's gonna be very amusing... pest extermination job... with humans playing the role of the pests.

And how do you know this?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Originally posted by missedchance

Originally posted by eywadevotee
I wish they were Annunaki! They are Draconians. I don't think there is much else to say, except Sept 22-26 should be a bit amusing...

I can't pinpoint exact date, but yep, it's gonna be very amusing... pest extermination job... with humans playing the role of the pests.

And how do you know this?

It's a little thing called an over-active imagination...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

More like someone has microwaved the snowball.

What are you talking about? Why compare a microwaved snow ball (pool of hot water) to the BREAKING up of a comet.

You always post comments that have no meaning or valid input?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Order in here...

This is not conclusive evidence to through Elenin in the bin...

Rightly so, prove it with irrefutable evidence that it did actually break apart, I for one am not convinced with rather 'likely assumptions', which seems to be the case here.

Oh, October is just a month from now, so drink some kool aid, ahh.

Just keep an open mind folks, it ain't over till it's over...

edit on 30-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

So you don't understand how putting a ball of ice next to the sun is similar to putting a ball of ice in a microwave?

How about:

More like putting a snow ball in an oven.

Why do you think it's breaking up? For a laugh? It's constituent bits couldn't get along any more?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
......um, so.....is this for sure? Has it been officially recognized as something that happened, or is it just one observer that notes the effect is "akin" to what what was seen when another comet broke up?

(I am not into Elenin doomsday predictions, I just am curious as to the reliability of this claim and whether I should dare to state it as something that has happened, or something that was rumored to have happened)

I also wonder, (please forgive my ignorance) IF this is true, what happenes to the debris that is supposed to be in it's wake? (the tail?) would it all just continue in it's trajectory? Disperse? What?
edit on 30-8-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

It's reliable. Go check his site.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

So you don't understand how putting a ball of ice next to the sun is similar to putting a ball of ice in a microwave?

How about:

More like putting a snow ball in an oven.

Why do you think it's breaking up? For a laugh? It's constituent bits couldn't get along any more?

Are you trying to make yourself look stupid?
According to the simulations online, ELEnin will not be closer to the sun then Mercury is now! Is Mercury breaking up??

Link to Simulation

Scroll a bit down, and VIEW the simulation use the buttons below it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Bluesma

It's reliable. Go check his site.

I did. It says "appears" because an amateur astronomer observed an effect that is "akin to" a previous breaking up of another comet. That doesn't sound sure to me? Has any other entity in the astronomy field backed up this claim and confirmed it??

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Read my posts in this thread, it explains at least some of your questions.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I'm with you, has anyone actually confirmed that it has actually disintegrated???

Until then, this is no conclusive evidence to suggest otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join