It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

We "might" be hit I only say this now because I do believe we could send a few or a lot of nukes out the minute we know something is coming in our directing to destroy it. We could do this far far before it hits earth or is near earth I think. I may be wrong, but if we can send a probe on a specific destination to Mars why not a rocket into a asteroid? Just a theory in my head. I agree 100% though weird a lot are looking at this one.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Hey bro, How about yOU! prove that your THEORY of Elenin breaking up is correct?

It's not my theory. But I do put some weight on the opinions of those who have a lot of experience in the field as opposed to...some guy on youtube who clearly doesn't. Some guy who claims to be taking pictures of a comet when it isn't visible when he says he does so.

edit on 9/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You have proven nothing Phage. Whether Elenin broke up, is currently breaking up, or will end up breaking up remains to be seen. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

How about that you prove that it has broken up, Huh? We all will be waiting for your evidence.

the basis of hte reckless speculation has been posted by others already.

Also, I invite you, or anyone else here to provide a link or some proof of where I have ever said that Elenin would cause any of that? Do any of you yes men research a posters opinion prior to assuming that you know it all? Have a good search while wiping your nose off though. ~SheopleNation

I didn't say you said anything
Why would you invent that I said that you had said them??

I asked you what those other things are if speculation based on photographic evidence is "reckless" - if you can have an opinion about interpretation of photographic evidence that I was doign you the courtesy of thinking you are intelligent enough to have an opinion on other speculations.

So how's the dribble? Have you tried decongestants??

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcalibur254

Obviously Sydney Stargazers have been proven to be in error. Are they Nasa? Believe what you like, just don't expect the rest of us with open minds to swallow whatever load of crap is spread out throughout the internet by most likely payed yes men robots.

Right - internet info bad - gotcha.

So why should we believe:

1/ you
2/ youtube??

Once again, Comet Elenin is not breaking up. It's nucleus is still intact. ~SheopleNation

A - a statement of fact - so there must have some evidence to support it - I await your snail mail providing me with such evidence eagerly, since I cannot trust the internet.....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Because you tried to compare the two speculations. It's here for everyone to see.

What does that make speculation on it being a space craft, having some mysterious invisible effect causing earthquakes, going to collide with earth when the trajectory comes nowhere near us, being named "Extinction Leven Even NINe, etc

Maybe you were not saying that I said them, but then again why even bring them up?

You were doing ok until that DRIVEL. Sounds like a personal problem bro. May I suggest a portable nebulizer? ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

A - a statement of fact - so there must have some evidence to support it - I await your snail mail providing me with such evidence eagerly, since I cannot trust the internet.....

How is calling a certain theory reckless speculation, anything close to not trusting anything on the internet?

Why would you make up something that I believe when I don't believe it? = Because you're weak minded.

Nice deflection with all your psychobabble. At the end of the day, You have not proven that Elenin has broken up. You can twist and squirm all you like guy, but you failed. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I agree. I have said nothing else.
But who cares?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So you are not going to answer my question then??

And of course you also haven't proven that Elenin is in one piece - whether that be still, or indeed that it was ever in a single piece.....hmmm????

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Obviously you do Phage. You replied to my post about it being reckless speculation, Now all of a sudden you don't care?You post in almost every single Elenin thread here. Why didn't you just say so bro and we could have avoided this entire disagreement? I told yuh, it's not personal that you and I sometimes disagree. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Because you tried to compare the two speculations. It's here for everyone to see.

What does that make speculation on it being a space craft, having some mysterious invisible effect causing earthquakes, going to collide with earth when the trajectory comes nowhere near us, being named "Extinction Leven Even NINe, etc

Maybe you were not saying that I said them, but then again why even bring them up?

Because I was curious how you would characterise them - that's why I asked hte question - to find out - that's what questions are for.

So are you going to answer it??

You were doing ok until that DRIVEL. Sounds like a personal problem bro. May I suggest a portable nebulizer? ~SheopleNation

You're the one that mentioned wiping noses - don't blame me for introducing the topic!!

Have you forgotten this bit already??

Have a good search while wiping your nose off though

so let's see - so far you have avoided answering two simple questions, mistakenly said I said something I didn't, and forgotten your own posting history from the last few hours.

I think you shuold try to do better.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Nor can you prove that Elenin has broken up. You're really embarrassing yourself. Keep swimming though bro.

~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by ExCloud

That doesn't mean that it's not an interesting subject. ~SheopleNation

It really is not. Some people decide NOT to waste their time jumping on far-fetched fantasy theories about the alleged significance of a rather uninteresting comet. Not EVERYONE is getting their scientific "knowledge" from the Art Bell show and similar sources.
This comet has no significance whatsoever and it is indeed un-interesting whether it crumbles to pieces or not. The significance only exists in your head.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You don't come into this asking the questions. Unless you can prove that Elenin has broken up, which you can't, your questions are meaningless. I apologize if me not falling for your deflective tactics upsets you. Are you angry today? ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Everything up in Space is interesting. Different strokes for different folks I guess eh? You must really be interested enough to click on this thread.
~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Again, More reckless speculation. Listen, If Rob is one of your heroes, then so be it. However, It's just another dying theory. Elenin was not breaking up, nor is it breaking up now. Could it break up in the future? Yeah sure, Anything is possible. One thing we do all know is that if Elenin never does break up, you will never admit that you were wrong. ~SheopleNation

That's your reply in regard to a statement from an astronomer who has discovered 54 comets and codiscovered 12. "Reckless speculation".
And your "proof" of your statement is to post a video from a guy who claims to have photographed the comet at a time when it is not visible in the sky.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, So is this the part where you show me how much you don't care about this subject? You're like a walking contradiction bro. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

reply to post by Phage

Again, More reckless speculation. Listen, If Rob is one of your heroes, then so be it. However, It's just another dying theory. Elenin was not breaking up, nor is it breaking up now. Could it break up in the future? Yeah sure, Anything is possible. One thing we do all know is that if Elenin never does break up, you will never admit that you were wrong. ~SheopleNation

That's your reply in regard to a statement from an astronomer who has discovered 54 comets and codiscovered 12. "Reckless speculation".
And your "proof" of your statement is to post a video from a guy who claims to have photographed the comet at a time when it is not visible in the sky.

??
"Our potential naked eye comet was called Comet McNaught. It was discovered in September last year by Robert McNaught. If Comet McNaught sounds familiar to you, there’s no surprise because you must have heard of (or seen) the Great Comet of 2007 which is also known as Comet McNaught, and was also discovered by this same guy from Australia (these two comets are not the same, this one is C/2009 R1 while the other is C/2006 P1). Robert McNaught has discovered a total of 54 comets until now, so there is lots of Comet McNaught in the sky…

"Robert McNaught has discovered a total of 54 comets "

Robert McNaught,,this guy??

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I didn't say I don't care about the subject. I said I don't really care if Elenin has disintegrated or not.

What I find fascinating is not so much the comet but how people can be so interested in an insignificant thing.

I also get annoyed when people continually demand proof of me when I have clearly stated my thoughts and provided the reasons for them.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I didn't say I don't care about the subject. I said I don't really care if Elenin has disintegrated or not.

Ok then. Atleast you included an "or not" in that sentence. See, we do agree. I don't know if it has, or has not either.

What I find fascinating is not so much the comet but how people can be so interested in an insignificant thing.

Not all of us get to see the things that you get to see on a daily basis. Some of us might find a certain comet within the inner Solar system interesting. What's the big deal anyway?

I also get annoyed when people continually demand proof of me when I have clearly stated my thoughts and provided the reasons for them.

Well, We already settled that in the first quote. Now that you have included the "or has not" in your opinion, what more do we have to disagree about? ~SheopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join