It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
And just in case anyone forgot, Comet Elenin is not "disintegrating". The nucleus is still intact. So much for the yes men sheoplized robots and their reckless speculation and wild side theories.

Speculating on the nature of the nucleus based on photos is "reckless" - gotcha.

What does that make speculation on it being a space craft, having some mysterious invisible effect causing earthquakes, going to collide with earth when the trajectory comes nowhere near us, being named "Extinction Leven Even NINe, etc??

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Great bro.

Yeah, Could be. Or, It most likely could be not. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Actually Sydney Stargazers have done some photo analysis and found that it has split into at least three pieces. They need a little more time to confirm, but that is what they're leaning towards right now. So, who's the sheople now? You and others who believe in this theory will grasp on to anyone that can keep this theory afloat without actually waiting for confirmation.

The Breakup of Comet Elenin
Comet Elenin - The Final Prospect
Leonid Elenin Confirms Comet Disintegration
And So It Begins: The Death of Comet Elenin - Part 2

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Here's what Rob McNaught says:

It seemed to me that Michael Mattiazzo's images show clearly increasing elongation and diffusion in the last week. I imaged C/2010 X1 (Elenin) this evening from E12 for the first time and there is absolutely no condensation. I have no idea how I can do astrometry on it. I've only previously seen such an appearance on comets that are dissipating.

tech.groups.yahoo.com...

Rob McNaught would seem to know what he's talking about when it comes to comets. PerfectMinds...not so much.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

How about that you prove that it has broken up, Huh? We all will be waiting for your evidence. Also, I invite you, or anyone else here to provide a link or some proof of where I have ever said that Elenin would cause any of that? Do any of you yes men research a posters opinion prior to assuming that you know it all? Have a good search while wiping your nose off though. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Again, More reckless speculation. Listen, If Rob is one of your heroes, then so be it. However, It's just another dying theory. Elenin was not breaking up, nor is it breaking up now. Could it break up in the future? Yeah sure, Anything is possible. One thing we do all know is that if Elenin never does break up, you will never admit that you were wrong. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I haven't said it did break up. I think it has. I'm pretty sure it has. I don't really care if it has. It doesn't matter.

edit on 9/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You have a YouTube video to back up your claim that it's not breaking up. On the other side there are multiple astronomers stating that it is producing no condensation which has only been observed in dissipating comets. There is also photo analysis which shows that Elenin has broken into multiple parts. Even Elenin himself has admitted that his comet is dying. Just admit that the Elenin hype turned out to be extremely anti-climactic.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Obviously Sydney Stargazers have been proven to be in error. Are they Nasa? Believe what you like, just don't expect the rest of us with open minds to swallow whatever load of crap is spread out throughout the internet by most likely payed yes men robots.

Once again, Comet Elenin is not breaking up. It's nucleus is still intact. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Now it doesn't matter Phage? Why all of a sudden is that? ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

It never mattered. Elenin never mattered.
What matters is denying the ignorance (the foolishness) attached to an insignificant comet.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I don't have to admit anything guy. I never said Elenin was gonna do anything but complete it's orbit that Nasa backs up as well. If you have some proof of me suggesting such a thing, then provide it. You can pound sand all day but Elenin is not breaking up for now, period bro. Believe me, I know. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Proven by whom? PerfectMinds?
He says he got his pictures at 4 am. Did he take them himself? If so there's something odd. Elenin rises after the Sun.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Who you talking to Phage, Me? Good. Maybe Elenin doesn't matter to you, but it does interest alot of us. Oh I am so sorry bro, I apoogize if we all don't bow down and lick your boots in regards to your high and mighty opinion about the significance of Comet Elenin. It's nothing personal. However, You better get used to it my friend. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

= Epic fail bro. Nice distortion though. What? Do you feel threatened by ThePerfectMinds opinions? Hell, I am not ready to bow down to him either. Hey bro, How about yOU! prove that your THEORY of Elenin breaking up is correct? ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by Phage

Who you talking to Phage, Me? Good. Maybe Elenin doesn't matter to you, but it does interest alot of us. Oh I am so sorry bro, I apoogize if we all don't bow down and lick your boots in regards to your high and mighty opinion about the significance of Comet Elenin. It's nothing personal. However, You better get used to it my friend. ~SheopleNation

Get use to what? Once it passes it is gone. Not much left to get use to. unless you are alive the next time it comes by.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

That would depend on one's point of view. Like I have always said, I think Elenin will most likely pass on and go about whatever business it has. That doesn't mean that it's not an interesting subject. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

It is interesting as is every comet or asteroid, but people have blown this one way out of proportion with some pretty insane claims.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

Without a doubt. You gotta wonder though, why so much about this one? Like I said, I think it will pass us and continue on. Some day though, Earth will get hit. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
ELENIN is doing a wonderful job of making everyone look silly, including the so called 'experts'.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join