It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

So we still have no updated pics?
Bummer,, hard to speculate destruction hey

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hello everyone..this is my first post.I have been reseraching this elenin "issue" for a while,and the amount of disinfo around is very strange.No oficcial word of the comet for a few days alredy,which I find very strange..
Anyway..I found this looking round.seems its from september 2

www.youtube.com...

Also if you look here:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

they are still tracking it..

Thanks for reading this and have a nice day

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkshneider

I don't know what sort of "official word" you would expect but JPL is not "tracking" the comet. You'll notice that the last observation used to generate the ephemeris was on August 2.

COMET comments
1: soln ref.= JPL#34, data arc: 2010-Dec-10 to 2011-Aug-02
2: k1=11., k2=5., phase coef.=0.03;

If Elenin is in the process of disintegration the remnants will continue on the original orbit. It really does look like that is what has happened. The elongated nucleus being a good indication.
tech.groups.yahoo.com...

edit on 9/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

So we still have no updated pics?
Bummer,, hard to speculate destruction hey

Yeah we do. Darkshneider just beat me to it. I watched Francis's (ThePerfectMinds) youtube channel earlier this morning. If you want reliable updates on Elenin, just follow his channel daily. He also discusses the issue daily over at Revolution Radio. Comet Elenin is not breaking apart. It was just more reckless speculation or else they are trying to cover something up.

Yuh know, It's funny how all the sheoplized yes men robots were flocking to this thread and others when the so-called news of Elenin breaking apart first hit the internet. They were all too quick to say "see, we told yuh so!". Well, We know now that you didn't tell us crap. What really happened was they swallowed that lie hook, line and sinker. Funny how these androids were so quick to believe that load of garbage, but when it comes to anything else, they all of a sudden become a skeptic and try to throw out every theory about something not being what it possibly could be. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Right. Garbage.

Not like believing that a huge burst of ....something...caused the orbit of the comet to change. Odd how the guys taking pictures of it haven't reported it being in the wrong location.

Who was fished in again?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It was determined that it was a "flare" I thought? I seen the same wave in an earlier stereo image from back in June, and came to that conclusion myself. Yeah, It did look like it moved in the more recent one and as I remember nobody supported your claim that it didn't appear to change directions. So, nice try bro.

Who got fished? Apparently you. You're still on the hook and line being carried back to camp. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yuh know, It's funny how all the sheoplized yes men robots were flocking to this thread and others when the so-called news of Elenin breaking apart first hit the internet. They were all too quick to say "see, we told yuh so!". Well, We know now that you didn't tell us crap. What really happened was they swallowed that lie hook, line and sinker. Funny how these androids were so quick to believe that load of garbage, but when it comes to anything else, they all of a sudden become a skeptic and try to throw out every theory about something not being what it possibly could be. ~SheopleNation

Don't you think you might be overgeneralizing a tad?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In fact, Chad and Phage have consistently been pointing out that only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

No I don't. And if someone here feels that they fit my yes man robot description, I never mentioned any names. So that's on them bro. Yeah, Time will tell. However as of now, Comet Elenin is not breaking up. Nothing but more reckless speculation. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Amazing.

Nice bro. Hell no that wave is no "lens flare". I am almost 100% convinced, but always open minded to further discussion and research between us all. That's what makes ATS so great. ~SheopleNation

I never said Elenin it didn't appear to change direction. I explained what the video showed from the very beginning. I said it did appear to change direction and I (and others) explained why it did appear to change direction. And you did not accept the explanation.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not at first, but then you posted those videos along with another posters video from back in June with the same wave (flare). Yeah, I usually like to study a subject before I just swallow any theory put out there. So wrong bro, I did accept your explanation. What I do not accept, is your theory that Elenin is still supposedly breaking apart. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No I don't. And if someone here feels that they fit my yes man robot description, I never mentioned any names. So that's on them bro. Yeah, Time will tell. However as of now, Comet Elenin is not breaking up. Nothing but more reckless speculation.

So when someone claims that a celestial body has suddenly made a left hand turn and is therefore under intelligent control, that is an idea worth considering, but when someone with years of experience actually observing comets concludes that the comet he is watching on a nightly basis is breaking up, that is reckless speculation?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I don't know who suggested that it was "under intelligent control", but I know it wasn't me. I said it looked like it changed direction. Obviously it has not because it's orbit on Nasa's website has not changed, nor has anyother Astronomer who has been following it claimed it has. Yeah, I am aware of what Phage does. However, That doesn't make him 100% correct about everything. Again, Elenin is not breaking up. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I looked closely at all of the videos and failed to see a change of direction by the comet, now the camera operator is a much different story, I also found it curious he posts a 9 minute video an shows only 1 second of footage.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I looked closely at all of the videos and failed to see a change of direction by the comet, now the camera operator is a much different story, I also found it curious he posts a 9 minute video an shows only 1 second of footage.

I agree with you about the YouTube video, the person who made it was, well, dodgy. I viewed the sequence on both the NASA STEREO website and the SECCHI website and honestly couldn't tell whether it was deflecting at all or if it was just an optical illusion caused by so many different moving objects. It turned out that Nataylor had the patience to make a video using Stellarium that shows that the comet began its apparent retrograde motion at about that time:

Thanks to Nataylor!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I agree. That video by Nataylor was nicely done. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I suspected as much. Thanks for pointing out the video to me by Nataylor, i did not see that.

If some of these Youtubers would use their seemingly above average scientific curiosity for real scientific applications instead of pseudoscience distractions, then they would probably have less time to make such ridiculous posts and uploads. Their imbalance of functional applied scientific data is only surpassed by their obvious chemical imbalance.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So, what you guys are talking about is apparent retrograde motion as seen from Earth? That is totally different from "the comet has changed direction". The latter is misleading, and obviously makes some people assume that it has altered its trajectory. We need to be careful how we describe these things!
edit on 4-9-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

As seen from STEREO B.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
And just in case anyone forgot, Comet Elenin is not "disintegrating". The nucleus is still intact. So much for the yes men sheoplized robots and their reckless speculation and wild side theories.

~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Maybe. But probably not.

Compared to the 19th

edit on 9/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join