It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
what if we shot a nuke at it via the black ops space program?

annunaki threat eliminated lol

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Im not sure how no one has mentioned this but pretty much all comets break up as they near the sun and then condense back as they move farther from the sun along their orbit. Am I wrong on that? I am pretty sure that all comets break up as they near the sun because they are made mostly of ice and whatnot, thus they melt and "break apart" as their orbit nears its closest point to the sun.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure what to think about this, but as stated above, this things been flying around for thousands of years. Why's it falling apart now? Did it hit something we didn't/can't see? Is kind of odd.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

But the thing is, it doesn't really have a 3000 years orbit..or does it? Well, who knows really.

Thre's a lot of ridicule about the pseudo-science and doomsday claims, but the odd thing is they were hallowed to take so much place that you have to wonder why?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xvagrantx

I know a few days back it was reported that the Sun sent out a CME that would hit Elenin. I'm not sure if this is what has caused the disintegration or not.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Heavens to Betsy! what ever will planet X hide behind now??????

But wait::::::what killed Elenin?
edit on 29-8-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is actually a very bad sign. Very bad indeed. At the risk of being an Ele-tard.......

We have no idea what portions will be left and if any of them will slow or speed up to match our orbit and smack us dead on.

That should be enough to keep elenin doomsday alive right?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xvagrantx
I'm not exactly sure what to think about this, but as stated above, this things been flying around for thousands of years. Why's it falling apart now? Did it hit something we didn't/can't see? Is kind of odd.

Obviously a Russian missile launched from the Russian Moon Base.

Scorcha? Scorcha in the house?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Now that it`s starting to sink in on just what this means.
I`m so doing the happy dance if this is true. Just think no more Earthquakes.

But now for the bad news yes it appears to have faded but this is due to the brown dwarf stars shadow.

No, No it can`t be over. Maybe the cyanide gas will still kill us. Then there are those other objects following it. All hope is not lost.

OP it seems you are trying to ruin my Doomsday party.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
This is actually a very bad sign. Very bad indeed. At the risk of being an Ele-tard.......

We have no idea what portions will be left and if any of them will slow or speed up to match our orbit and smack us dead on.

That should be enough to keep elenin doomsday alive right?

Yeah ! I'll by that for a dollar.

She's breaking up she's breaking up !

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
I wish they were Annunaki! They are Draconians. I don't think there is much else to say, except Sept 22-26 should be a bit amusing...

Another rookie.
The Draconians ARE the Anunnaki!
"Those from Heaven to Earth came"... Anunnaki isn't their race's name.

Elenin shut her lights off for their upcoming drive by run.

How about we all start panicking now about Comet Garradd C2009....

edit on 29-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Maybe Comet Elenin got a good look at what it was headed for and said WTF - I'm not going there - that place is a mess. I'd rather self destruct.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Where was all that kind of video magic for Elenin ?
I was all preped for a good ass whip'in, I was working out and everything.

edit on 29-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I say thank you to God for breaking this elenin comet before heading to the earth. Praise to God! I guess someone prayed that the comet would break apart...it did...

I, for one, do not want to see Elenin comet go anywhere near to the earth. That another comet called 2005 YU55, too.

edit on 29-8-2011 by whiteblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Perhaps this little 'canary in the coal mine' is telling us something about our neighborhood. If so, it's probably a good thing we took notice of its supposed significance before it went 'pop.'

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

It's breaking apart because of the solar wind stripping it as it get's closer to the sun.

That's why comets have tails, it's all the ice and rock coming off the comet.

As said, it also got hit with a CME which pushes a lot of protons and charged particles at great speeds away from the sun, this could have been what started the comet breaking up.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
So what did we do Nuke it?

Originally posted by Nastradamus
Does anyone else find it odd that this comet comes around every 3000-something years and it just happens to "break apart" while it's within observable distance of the Earth...

Originally posted by Question Fate
why is it breaking apart right now. legit question, no conspiracy here just asking.

Originally posted by xvagrantx

There's nothing odd about it. Some comets are nothing more than weak aglomerations of dust & snowflakes held together by < 1/1000th of Earth's gravity. Out in deep space it's cold and there's nothing to disturb them. Now it's being blasted by ~3 times the intensity of sunlight on the Earth.

From the OP's article:

"Observations ... show a rapid dimming and elongation of the comet's nucleus akin to that of Comet LINEAR (C/1999 S4), which also disintegrated when it approached the sun in 2000. Comets are fragile objects, so this development while unexpected comes as no surprise."

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteblack
I say thank you to God for breaking this elenin comet before heading to the earth. Praise to God! I guess someone prayed that the comet would break apart...it did...

I, for one, do not want to see Elenin comet go anywhere near to the earth. That another comet called 2005 YU55, too.

edit on 29-8-2011 by whiteblack because: (no reason given)

Thankfully Yu 55 is only about 400 meters across and a known object. At worst, someone could have made a mistake and it would make a little puff of dust as it hit the moon. That might actually be entertaining to see, come to think of it. It's no threat to Earth by any reasoning though, unless you happened to be directly under it, and that would still require quite a miscalculation to see happen.
Nothing to see there, quite literally, since it's an asteroid.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Why then has spaceobs.org... not said it is breaking up? They are the official Elenin site I will wait to hear what they say.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

edit on 30-8-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join