It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't anyone just enjoy a good cover-up/conspiracy these days?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Something I've noticed in the past ten to fifteen years.

I remember when scandals, conspiracies and cover-ups were something people used to talk about with a lot of zeal.

"So and so did this, then so and so did that...."

"That country didn't know what hit them because ours had such and such operating without their knowledge..."

"News hit today that so and so was indicted, but his aide is going to take the blame, blah, blah...."

"They found the evidence in some dead guys house and now the whole agency is being looked at..

I think what I have noticed that changed is in the past people I discussed these things with were just interested in hearing the alternative story. (Most often the more accurate one).

Not everyone believed the alternative explanation, or sometimes the belief was mixed between both the official and non-official events. Anyway, it was hearing and knowing about the little things left out that made it exciting. Nothing to make you angry or frustrated, just happy to hear the information that you felt like was missing.

Today

Damn near impossible to talk about any topic that deals in alternative explanations today without someone chiming in that there is a global power trying to kill everyone.

Or that the world superpowers are trying to strip everyone of their rights and make everyone slaves.

Or that the cover-ups that happened are all coordinated by an all powerful group that are all in cahoots with each other.

Or that we are all being poisoned.

Or that aliens are trying to take over the world.

Or that any conspiracy is part of a larger one that includes just about everyone you have ever known in your life....

What happened to just enjoying the extra info?

These things are too complicated to lump into one complete conclusion. The other side of the Story is different for every one. There is no simple explanation. But it seems like so many people just want the easy explanation that the world is against them in some way.

I ask those people this. Did you ever think that maybe there isn't something wrong with the entire world, maybe it's just you?

edit on 29-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hell to the no!
But on a serious note it used to be so fun here, now everybody is serious and ready to slice each other's throats out. It's sad but we've went from conspiracy theorists to Prosecutors.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Did you ever think that maybe there isn't something wrong with the entire world, maybe it's just you?

LMAO! My exwife has said that to me before.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by boncho

Did you ever think that maybe there isn't something wrong with the entire world, maybe it's just you?

LMAO! My exwife has said that to me before.

Game, Set, Match.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

boncho....are you having a bad day? I'd give you cookie to help you feel better but someone stole all mine!

But to be serious... not a fan of a con-theory thread derailing into an uber-drama filled pile of ...doo doo ?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
looks like HAARP got to you

maybe too much flouride?
you haven't been hanging out at Fukushima have you?
the Pleiadians told me this is all part of the "waking"

mind if I plug my reasoning for all this nonsense?
edit on 30-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Started around the time people REALLY started suing each other for daft things some of us still call innocent accidents.
Everyone suddenly became a victim. The next doors cat did it, the boogie man did it. I didn't really just play in my aunties sandpit when i was 8, I was forced into it by the Illuminati. The scars on your willy might just be from trapping yer todger in yer zip for the umpteeth time as a child....Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggghghhhhh!!!

I still enjoy a good drunken rant with my friends, we OoOH and aaah and chuckle over the what if's and why's but I don't feel the need to start a thread on why my parents are evil Illuminati scum because they made me go to school in Jesus sandals when everyone else was wearing Nike's - How my teachers tried to mind control me by making me stand in the corner when I'd obviously been a complete little brat about something I've since forgotten or that I'm some awesome PTB pawnz0r puppet who can kill people with the imaginary lazors in my eyes...

Jesus seriously, some folk right get my heckles up.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Because the "extra info" usually doesn`t matter, it`s just a part of the big picture (Which people need to see):

Originally posted by boncho
the world superpowers are trying to strip everyone of their rights and make everyone slaves.

edit: And there`s really nothing to "enjoy" about it.
edit on 30-8-2011 by mkpetrov because: (no reason given)

top topics

join