It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it is to be Missionary Baptist and what we believe.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Occult: of or pertaining to magic, astrology, or any system claiming use or knowledge of secret or supernatural powers or agencies. Beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding; mysterious. Secret; disclosed or communicated only to the initiated.

The Bible is full of : sorcery and enchantments, magic and astrology, witches and wizards, divination and familiar and unclean spirits. It contains secrets, mysteries, parables, metaphors, signs, wonders, and ghosts, of course, supernatural powers and entities.

Yes, and every "Christian" bent on converting everyone would know that, if only they read the book in the first place! I like to challenge them wherever I find them, but few even attempt to defend their position. Sadly, preachers don't come to my house anymore, guess word got around here. I love to talk, and they refuse to talk to me. Wonder why this is?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I cannot help but notice lonewolf19792000 has replied to most everyone except myself, is it that what I said, and what is on the links I posted irrefutable by the OP?
He went church shopping and found one he feels comfortable in but apparently it is a church with baggage in the way of a lot of indefensible doctrine.
Either that, or he long ago got diverted off into another church, then reverted back to his original church.
I was brought up in a denomination that said we have the light and those who love God will be led to join it, and those who do not, are not led by God and will be lost. Luckily, built into it was a disclaimer, that it was the best light available at that time and people need to not get stuck, and to adapt when new light is revealed. Seems that not all churches are so forward looking.
Back when Bibles first became generally available, there was some new thought based on looking at the scripture. This all happened rather quickly before too much serious research went into all this new theology. Rather than admitting to these early mistakes, a lot of churches seem to have just further entrenched themselves into it.
edit on 31-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by autowrench
I cannot help but notice lonewolf19792000 has replied to most everyone except myself, is it that what I said, and what is on the links I posted irrefutable by the OP?
He went church shopping and found one he feels comfortable in but apparently it is a church with baggage in the way of a lot of indefensible doctrine.
Either that, or he long ago got diverted off into another church, then reverted back to his original church.
I was brought up in a denomination that said we have the light and those who love God will be led to join it, and those who do not, are not led by God and will be lost. Luckily, built into it was a disclaimer, that it was the best light available at that time and people need to not get stuck, and to adapt when new light is revealed. Seems that not all churches are so forward looking.
Back when Bibles first became generally available, there was some new thought based on looking at the scripture. This all happened rather quickly before too much serious research went into all this new theology. Rather than admitting to these early mistakes, a lot of churches seem to have just further entrenched themselves into it.
edit on 31-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Oh i wouldnt say my church has baggage that is indefensible, and i wasn't "church shopping". I don't need to defend my beliefs, the proof will be in the pudding when Christ returns and i'll leave it at that. Good day to you sir and best of luck in your religion.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I didn't break the first commandment, it was Jesus who issued those commandments. Pay close attention now.

John the Baptist said "in the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God", a revelation given to him by God.

The Word came first

John further explains this by stating that Jesus Christ is the living Word made flesh. So in the beginning there was Jesus, and Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God (actually the angel of the Lord was His pre-incarnate form, he didnt become Jesus till he came to earth, he is the spirit that was inhabiting the Flesh)

When John stated that Jesus Christ was God in the flesh he fulfilled the prophecy of Immanu'el by Isaiah, the messiah had come.

You said:

So, let me get this straight. I get "saved," and I am always saved. right? That is what you said. So, I get saved, do drugs, get drunk, fornicate with a prostitute, rob a bank, kill several people, but no worries, I am saved? Sounds like the logic of a serial killer, friend.

If you accepted Christ as your savior, your sins are covered by his blood forever more. Once you are saved you no longer have the desires of the world if you truly accepted Christ as savior, and you wish to walk his path to know him more. However, Jesus did say that "not everyone who says to me Lord Lord, shall enter the kingdom of my Father". Meaning if you didn't truly accept him with all your heart as savior then you are not really saved, you have to believe it 100%, and Jesus said also "there will be many people to come in my name and perform miracles, but they are not one of mine and i shall say to them depart from me you workers of iniquity for i never knew you", this refers to false prophets who teach false doctrines and do not teach what Jesus taught.

Again you said:

If he died for our sins, that why do we have to do anything at all? They are all forgiven, by this logic, so, let's get our money's worth!

Because he wants us to witness to as many of the lost as we can so that they do not have to die the eternal death of their spirit. He wishes us to keep his commandments to love our enemies as we love our neighbors, to turn the other cheek and to forgive those whom offend us and pray for them, to feed the poor and clothe the needy, to tend to the sick and visit those in prison and to give a drink to those that are thirsty. We do not "have" to do these things, but he wishes it of us. There are those called to do his work, those who are leaders and not just followers and it is those leaders who do his works, although we should all wish to do his will. We are supposed to be casting off the matieral things of this world to prepare oursleves for his Kingdom.

Forgive me if i did not reply to you in due haste, i don't always check every one of my posts with all due haste. As to your comments about my faith being a myth etc., we will see. You can spend the rest of your life saying Jesus Christ is a myth and you will never be able to prove it. Here are some links to non-biblical evidence of Jesus existing, since you atheists always try to say he did not exist.

www.bibleviews.com...
www.swartzentrover.com...&%20Acts/Non-Christian%20Sources02.htm

Wish you best of luck in your journey friend, wherever you end it.
edit on 7-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You are just exhibiting your attitude where you wish others to be punished by God for not agreeing with your philosophy.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You are just exhibiting your attitude where you wish others to be punished by God for not agreeing with your philosophy.

Whatever, believe what you want. i dont want to see anyone punished and you obviously are not a true christian or you wouldnt even suggest that. I don't know what your cult believes, but whatever it is, is not the truth.
edit on 8-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Whatever, believe what you want. i dont want to see anyone punished and you obviously are not a true christian or you wouldnt even suggest that. I don't know what your cult believes, but whatever it is, is not the truth.
edit on 8-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

You started this by decently enough presenting your position.

Now you are onto categorizations of who 'true christians' are; ....as usual based on self-proclaimed authority.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

This is what I was commenting on that you wrote.

I don't need to defend my beliefs, the proof will be in the pudding when Christ returns and i'll leave it at that.
You seem to be implying that God will prove you correct when you see me being thrown into the fire, while you can sit back and say, "I told you so".
Seems that your main interest is in "being right".
I don't belong to a cult though I was raised up in and belonged to a church denomination that people back in the fifties and early sixties believed was a cult, mainly because they were in the habit, back then, of going door to door which was a common sort of thing to do in those days with things like door to door salesmen with brushes, vacuum cleaners, encyclopedias, and cosmetics.
Really all I am doing is reading the Bible and talking about what it says. Some practitioners of philosophies using the name, Christian, do not like that because it shows their lack of biblical backing for their key tenets.
edit on 8-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join