It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it is to be Missionary Baptist and what we believe.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The internet is where religion comes to die.

If god is so great why do you need to go out and preach his word...surely he can do that himself? No?

“When a man is freed of religion, he has a better chance to live a normal and wholesome life.” — Sigmund Freud

I'm not going to respond to any reply's as I have better things to do.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I swear I am not trying to be a troll or bash on your religion buy I stopped believing anything you said after this:

Missionary Baptists believe that Jesus Christ is Lord, and not just that he is the Son of God but that he IS God.

Sorry, but, yes maybe Jesus was a good guy and helped people or whatever. BUT he surely wasn't a God. Did he not have to eat, breathe, sh#$ and pee just like me? Didn't he bleed and die just like any other human being that ever lived. Call me illogical and stupid, but, that sounds like just another guy to me not a God.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Another thing I was just thinking about:

Missionary Baptists ... that implies to me that you're baptists that proselytize constantly. That got me thinking: can christians not do anything nice for their fellow man without cramming their religion down our throats?

Just sayin....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

There is nothing special about christians at all.

Christ however...
Then you will be cast out.
The ones who enter have burning lamps, making them special.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

You wrote:

["God is the creator."]

Only according to your premises, which are neither universal not validated. For everybody else it's: "God is allegedly the creator".

Quote: ["God has nothing to prove because the proof is all around us."]

What "proof all around us". It's more likely, that this 'proof' is inside the christian mindset.

Quote: ["Christianity was hard for me to understand too. If you think to hard on things...."]

So the first pre-requisite is to turn of the intellect?

Quote continued: ["..... or are narrow minded in what you read there will be problems, that goes with anything."]

Narrow-minded....as insisting on SOME logic as one of the premises in the evaluation of a mythological manual.

But what has this to do with the thread author presenting his function and ideological basis?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishhooks
Here's a verse.

The one who conquers will be dressed like them in white clothing, and I will never erase his name from the book of life, but will declare his name before my Father and before his angels.
This seems to imply that if one does not conquer, then their name will be erased from the book of life.
The problem with the idea of being saved is that there is no such thing in the NT. In the OT, if you were alive, then you were saved. That was the mentality back then, so someone could make the claim that they were saved, if there was an attempt on their life that they survived.
In the NT era, the mentality has shifted to where a person can make the claim that they are saved once they are resurrected and are in heaven. Any time before that event, the issue is still to be determined.

edit on 29-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

That's one I haven't heard yet. At least you didn't give me Exodus 32:32, but Revelation?

I mean, if you feel comfortable quoting the most difficult book in the Bible to comprehend then more power to you. This portion was written to the "dead church" as I'm sure you know and my NKJ uses the word overcomes instead of conquers.

I could quote you a few verses that state you can be confident in your salvation but friend, I do not want to come across as argumentative. You believe what you believe, and I'll do the same.

I would like to state though that I pray for your peace as I'm sure it must be difficult with not knowing until you die if you made the final cut or not.

I think the "dead church" are the christians who refuse to do Christs' will, and step out of their comfort zone to minister to the lost. Instead they go to their church every sunday and pretend to be pious, but they witness to no one. Jesus wants us to step outside our comfort zone, to throw ourselves out there and reap the souls of the lost so that they do not remain lost and die the ultimate death. The early christians risked their very lives to spread the good news of the savior and many of them died for it, every day was a challenge of survival and they never knew from one day to the next when the romans would come to throw them to the lions or crucify them in horrible ways. Today you rarely ever see christians step outside their comfort zones and put their own lives in danger to spread the word about Jesus Christ. If you are not willing to risk your life and die for your Lord, your reward in heaven will be small. If our brothers and sisters in ages past could sacrifice themselves to do Jesus' will, we should do no less. For the Lord and for the memory of our ancient brothers and sisters we should find the courage to take our church back to the way it was in the first century.
edit on 30-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Missionary Baptists believe that Jesus Christ is Lord, and not just that he is the Son of God but that he IS God.

Exodus, Chapter 20.

"And God spoke all these words, saying: 'I am the LORD your God…
'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

Looks like you all broke the 1st. Commandment here.......

As missionary baptist we also believe that once saved is ALWAYS saved.

So, let me get this straight. I get "saved," and I am always saved. right? That is what you said. So, I get saved, do drugs, get drunk, fornicate with a prostitute, rob a bank, kill several people, but no worries, I am saved? Sounds like the logic of a serial killer, friend.

He died for our sins, and not just christians but ANYONE who would believe in him.

If he died for our sins, that why do we have to do anything at all? They are all forgiven, by this logic, so, let's get our money's worth!

Let us define the word, "Lord."
Lord:
1. a person who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler.
2. a person who exercises authority from property rights; an owner of land, houses, etc.
3. a person who is a leader or has great influence in a chosen profession: the great lords of banking.
4. a feudal superior; the proprietor of a manor.
5. a titled nobleman or peer; a person whose ordinary appellation contains by courtesy the title Lord or some higher title.
dictionary.reference.com...

Doesn't say "God" in those definitions anywhere, it says "person."
How about a little research before attempting to convert us all?

New Living Translation EXPOSED!
www.jesus-is-savior.com...

How the Jesus Myth was Created
home.iae.nl...

10 Christ like Figures that pre-date Jesus
listverse.com...

Exposing Christianity
www.exposingchristianity.com...

Virgin Mothers and Virgin-Born Gods
www.infidels.org...

The Bible's Pagan God
www.usbible.com...

Bible Absurdities
www.infidels.org...

Bible Atrocities
www.infidels.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by scolai
Another thing I was just thinking about:

Missionary Baptists ... that implies to me that you're baptists that proselytize constantly. That got me thinking: can christians not do anything nice for their fellow man without cramming their religion down our throats?

Just sayin....

We don't "cram" the gift of salvation down anyone's throats, and yes we do things for people and we minister to them as we do them. After you have been witnessed to, you have the choice to accept the savior or not. That is your choice, you can accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, or you can go your own way. After i have witnessed to you, i do as the Lord bids and "kick the dust of my shoes" and move on, i have far too many people to witness to and in such a short little time, than to sit there and babysit you into heaven. All i do is plant the seed and roll on.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

ALERT: God chooses who gets "saved" and who doesn't. But guess what, there really is good news. ALL MANKIND will be saved. God wills it, desires it, and wants it. What God wills, he gets done,. Period.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

While I in a post above supported your right to present your position and its contents, I find, that you in this....

Quote: ["We don't "cram" the gift of salvation down anyone's throats,"]

...are transgressing the formal topic boundaries you initially put in OP, and have switched from the 'presentation' in OP into other areas.

Ofcourse somewhat depending on how "cramming" is defined, it' s still in a general context possible to say: "Yes, cramming IS taking place".

As an example I can mention the intellectually dishonest method of hijacking competing truth/reality-seeking systems and twist them to your own purposes. This not an acceptable way of promoting anything and can unquestionably point directly to crammicity.

But be it upon your own head to follow this direction, I have already given you my support on the real topic.

Quote: ["After i have witnessed to you, i do as the Lord bids and "kick the dust of my shoes" and move on, i have far too many people to witness to and in such a short little time, than to sit there and babysit you into heaven. All i do is plant the seed and roll on."]

Which is not the impression your appearances on this forum give.

edit on 30-8-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

ALERT: God chooses who gets "saved" and who doesn't. But guess what, there really is good news. ALL MANKIND will be saved. God wills it, desires it, and wants it. What God wills, he gets done,. Period.

This post is for people who are interested in becoming a born again christian, or for those that wish to know more about being a missionary baptist. This post is NOT for atheists debating God's existence, or for anyone who refuses to acknowledge Christ as savior. This post IS for people who have an open mind and an open heart and who MIGHT be willing to hear the message of salvation., and who MIGHT be interested in learning more about missionary baptist ministries.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You wrote:

["This post is NOT for atheists debating God's existence, or for anyone who refuses to acknowledge Christ as savior."]

According to your own stated topic not for ANYBODY debating 'god's' existence. But any self-proclaimed censorship-rules through exclusion of specific positions on a subject are not yours to make.

Even if you try to give yourself such 'authority', you do not have it. This is not a church, where you can tell people to zip, if they oppose you.

Quote: ["This post IS for people who have an open mind and an open heart and who MIGHT be willing to hear the message of salvation., and who MIGHT be interested in learning more about missionary baptist ministries."]

Apart from the forum-rules, your premises on what open minds etc are, are ALSO besides the point. There certainly are some self-proclaimed authority issues at play here. No DEBATE can exist on such parameters, only preaching.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So if I have a burning lamp, I am special? I actually do have a couple of them around.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I quote from scripture and you think I am an atheist??? Hilarious. I was a "born again" believer for over 30 years,and I own a degree in Bible literature. You really need to ask questions before you shoot off your mouth. Quite typical of a missionary christian, though, I have to say.
edit on 30-8-2011 by aero56 because: info

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I quote from scripture and you think I am an atheist??? Hilarious. I was a "born again" believer for over 30 years,and I own a degree in Bible literature. You really need to ask questions before you shoot off your mouth. Quite typical of a missionary christian, though, I have to say.
edit on 30-8-2011 by aero56 because: info

I didnt call you an atheist, i was merely stating that this post is not for them. You have a propensity to overreact to what people tell you, and you assume that people are attacking you when they are not. So as for me shooting off my mouth, i think you need to apologize. I was making a referrence to my original post, not attacking you. I love it how people from different denominations are so easily angered by the others and so quick to make fun of other denominations. Jesus would be ashamed. I'm just going to let the matter drop, i dont want you overreacting again. Be well.
edit on 30-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

So if I have a burning lamp, I am special? I actually do have a couple of them around.
I was referring to a parable of Jesus.
He said these things for a reason, not just as some sort of entertainment.
Maybe one has to ponder the meaning but my point is that there are distinguishing characteristics to those who are saved.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So exactly what was your message to me? Help me out, so I don't "overreact" next time. "Jesus would bed ashamed" is probably the most accurate thing you have stated, remember that.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Jesus spoke in parables so that his teachings were kept from his enemies. See, he didn't want them converted or saved. Like I said earlier, He chooses whom to save. You are predestined. Yet, in another passage, God WILLS for all mankind to be saved. God's will is usually done. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Near my home there is:

The New Hope Baptist
The Missionary Baptist
The Mount Zion Baptist
The Freewill Baptist
The Temple Baptist

I thinking everyone is confused...as I am. Someone's gotta be wrong.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So exactly what was your message to me? Help me out, so I don't "overreact" next time. "Jesus would bed ashamed" is probably the most accurate thing you have stated, remember that.

I was stating that this post is about missionary baptist beliefs and telling people who are unsaved how to get saved if they choose to and giving them information, i wasn't calling you an atheist. This isn't a debate on weather or not God chooses who gets saved. There are other threads for that or you can create your own thread. This is MY thread and i choose to enlighten lost souls who wish to be free of darkness and despair. You can believe whatever you want, i don't care. You have already heard the message, my message is for those who have not heard and would like to hear and know more and that message is contained in the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join