It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if we can transfer signals through wifi, can our brain do wifi?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

i just take a look at mindflex youtube, but it seems that the ball just random float even the user are not focusing,
is there a tool out there which is more deterministic, like focus on left brain will light left LED, focus on right brain will light right LED, focus on center brain, back brain,

is there a tool or toy like that ?

link   
I think it just needs hardware. Smaller than a chip given to a dog. Will be called the "Link" in some years. People will go crazy first. Just to be able to get to any page or text or picture by a sheer thought... maddening. Yu will have to store all your pw-s there too. Possibly implanted at the ear, it does NOT need to be in the skull, although they will doubtlessly experiment with that in China.
Psychic things are different imho. You get information from astral beings - call them whatever - and since there is a great distance their answer is going to be in generalities first, like in remote viewing. Internet commands require exact codes. For a conscious person to be operate wifi would take as much psychic training as needed by a pssychic to read specific life traumas by color, detail and film-like movements.
I am slightly psychic and I can feel sometimes when an important topic is answered to which I wrote. And who did it. But that is all.
My two cents.

link   
reply to post by requireduser

That is one of the most thought provoking and reasonable questions I have ever read on here. I think that all we need to do is figure out how to get our brain to recognize received frequencies. I say "received frequencies" because I am sure we project thoughts all day long.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
By naturally modifying one's own consciousness, this can be achieved quite easily. Meditation is one of the best and most widely used examples - just by quieting the mind you can tune in to all sorts of interesting data that normally passes by unnoticed.

I agree with Evasius - An exchange of information through a "wireless" connection is a modern metaphor, but fairly elegantly describes the experience that can be obtained through means such as meditation, and has been written about, in one form or another, by countless cultures and people. But I guess that's for another forum, not science and technology.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure there are computers developed for handicapped people in which they can control the on-screen mouse with their thoughts...pretty trippy but I think it exists....I'm too lazy to look it up. I'm sure someone can help out with that
edit on 8/29/2011 by Josonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

That is one of the most thought provoking and reasonable questions I have ever read on here. I think that all we need to do is figure out how to get our brain to recognize received frequencies. I say "received frequencies" because I am sure we project thoughts all day long.

thanks and thanks for your flag

i think you would be more interested to know the question, "are we inside signals"?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
I'm pretty sure there are computers developed for handicapped people in which they can control the on-screen mouse with their thoughts...pretty trippy but I think it exists....I'm too lazy to look it up. I'm sure someone can help out with that
edit on 8/29/2011 by Josonic because: (no reason given)

i saw a youtube video last time (maybe last year i think), it is like they test it with a patient to play a game using brain only, but how far the development, idk.

but i need a tool like that to start harnessing my brain signal.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

By naturally modifying one's own consciousness, this can be achieved quite easily. Meditation is one of the best and most widely used examples - just by quieting the mind you can tune in to all sorts of interesting data that normally passes by unnoticed.

I agree with Evasius - An exchange of information through a "wireless" connection is a modern metaphor, but fairly elegantly describes the experience that can be obtained through means such as meditation, and has been written about, in one form or another, by countless cultures and people. But I guess that's for another forum, not science and technology.

but how da level of deterministic through meditation one can obtained?

i put it in science and technology because i hope this stuff is proven and deterministic and everybody can try if not tomorrow, today.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

What did I just say? well I said nothing, its gibberish, BUT unless you can speak binary, this idea is a nice science fiction tale, but just not how it works in the real world, even if we're making things up!

Transceiver. In the brain... how, what, where, by which action do you control it. What amount of power would you be outputting to send your brain signals? I think with UHF cb radio here, .5mw was the legal limit you could output.

What about receiving? Just what are you going to tune into, out of 6+ billion people? Plus animals that have cognitive ability. Will you get mixxed signals? Will you get poor reception in bad weather?

Sadly, one thing I don't believe we'll see come to fruition out of science fiction becoming reality, is this. We just wont be walking around ala My Favourite Martian.

edit on 29/8/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Like what?

Be interesting to hear what data you hear that is the stuff of the subconcious.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Source

A NEUROHEADSET that allows the wearer to play videogames simply by thinking has been unveiled at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco and will go on sale later this year. The Emotiv EPOC "brain-computer interface device" looks like a headphone strap with 14 neurosensors that branch off it like fingers. The sensors sit on the sides of the temple and top of the head. The device can detect conscious thoughts, areas of brain activity, facial expressions and even some emotions such as frustration, shock and anger, and will cost about $US300 ($326) when it is released in late 2008. The EPOC will ship with a range of games designed specifically for the headset, but gamers will also be able to use it with existing PC titles by mapping certain thoughts to keystroke patterns. "Being able to control a computer with your mind is the ultimate quest of human-machine interaction," said Emotiv Systems CEO, Nam Do. Read more: www.news.com.au...

and more.

and more

and more

More Psi Tech Im planing on road testing www.psyleron.com... Lamps that can be affected by your ability to affect random numbers Retropsychokinesis:- www.mind-lamp.com... For anyone interested heres the links.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The technology is already in the beginning stages. First off, we've got a pretty good grip on WiFi, although as of yet I know of no technologies or plans to implement it with the human brain. But, it's not that far out of a possibility, we are already learning the signals of the brain in a very basic form, and are using that ability to send informatioon directly to the brain.

If you completely lose your sight without chance of it returning...All hope is not lost. There are devices currently in the testing stage, that DO WORK, in which a camera is attached to your head and implanted directly into your brain. It sends the signal to the part of your brain that was once responsible for imaging (and still is in some ways), and this forms a very vague picture. It's described by those who use it as very faint dot's of light. Keep in mind it's in the very beginning stages, no more than 20 people had it about a year ago...not sure if that number has increased since then. Also, there are complications, the long term effects are not known, and it already is producing side effects such as major headaches.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Mental telepathy is wireless communication.

The only problem with the Brain performing wireless communication is:

1) Wireless is Digital and our brains brainwaves are analog.

2) Wireless must meet 802.11 protocol in order to successfully communicate with other wireless devices.

Otherwise it's as if you are speaking English and the receiving side only understands Japanese.

Look up "Protocol Stack" to understand the steps in implementing protocols in hardware and software.

oh never mind ...Here it is..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

This has been around for a while now. I thought the OP was referring to using our brains alone, no devices, to communicate over wifi...

But if all you're talking about is using technology to plug into the brain... we're already doing that....

Every single thing we use today that is not for basic survival or procreation, is an improvisation. We've come a long way from grunting and pointing at cave paintings to tell everyone about the big monster we heroically killed.

Now twitter does it for us in 140 chars or less.

Now, lets queue the "MIND CONTROL?" people who think this means controlling YOUR mind... oh boy.

edit on 29/8/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: bunged the youtube vid into a html link, which is silly really, as a youtube guid is not going to render in html.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

like title, i am pretty curious with our stage of technology advancement, but can we transfer our brain signals without wire?

This.... kind of depends upon what you are talking about.

In theory, our nerves act as tiny conductive circuits that will generate an electromagnetic field when current is flowing through them, and can have current induced in them by an electromagnetic field.

So, in theory, were one's brain sensitive enough, you would have the potential to sense another person's brain activity. That doesn't necessarily mean you would be able to 'read' it, or 'transfer' it. Of course, if you were that sensitive, the flood of noise from other electronic devices (the switching of your LCD display or the cascading roar of a CRT display would be mind-numbing; your cell-phone would throw you into seizures when it transmitted to the tower - that sort of stuff).

Now, on the other hand, we have been pioneering a number of different methods to observe one's brain activity. Again, it is theoretically possible to observe one's brain activity "wirelessly" via some system or another. Assuming you could resolve enough detail of the brain's activity, you could "read thoughts" wirelessly, yes.

Or try to. The amazing thing about the brain is that it operates as an adaptive network. Exactly how it works to create our mind and intelligence is something of a mystery that is proving very difficult to resolve. What it means is that your brain behaves in a very unique way, and has likely developed its own "language" and protocols for processing information.

I'm sure there are some general standards that are imposed by topography (where your peripheral nervous system is connected is going to have a fairly significant impact on where different 'centers' of the brain develop - and since we all have the same general topography, we can expect some fairly strong similarities in that regard).

So... that makes "the matrix" a much more difficult thing to achieve, as your brain would, literally, have to begin treating any "jack" into 'the matrix' as a new peripheral nervous system and learn to process information. Adults would have a much more difficult time adapting and utilizing such technology than children.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
kind of like cyborg wifi?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If any of you have played the role playing game shadowrun, its one of the major concepts.

Everyone puts off a wifi, and it kinda acts like that movie minority report, how the adds knew your name and # because of the wifi the people's brain put out.

There is a hacker class that pretty much just #s with people's wifi signal, interesting stuff.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I can see a new ap to sync info straight from your smartphone - Gewgle Kinetics™ "Everyday life tiring you out? Relax, we'll tell you what you think".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join