It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birthers, Truthers, and the TRUE intellectual elite prefer real beer.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Carefully crafted opinions go with carefully crafted beers.

Do you drink Bud Light? You probably aren't a Birther or a Truther. Well, you might be a birther, but you probably aren't much of an asset to the cause.
Do you drink Miller Lite? You probably aren't a Truther. More than likely you are wrapped up in football statistics....you know, important stuff.
Do you drink Coors Lite? Redneck. Not a truther, check out the birthers, but don't try to lead.
Do you drink an excellent hoppy IPA crafted by a small Microbrewery? If you know WHAT that is, WHERE it could be found, and you LIKE it? You are a truther, likely a recently anointed birther. But, you go even further. You realize NATO is criminal, Wall Street owns the government, and Gold will continue to go up.
You may have abandoned your political party and become independent within the last year or so.
You are the TRUE intellectual elite. You tolerate lesser beers and lesser ideas if you have to, and often you have to. You can't relate to the "Lite" weight mentality, but you can humor them, and make them think you think like them if you want. They really don't know the difference. They are followers.
The TRUE intellectual elite know their beer.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

I have to say that is the stupidest thing i have ever seen on ATS. No facts. No survey. Just one man's opinion.

The truth is that beer drinkers as a whole tend to be of much lesser class. Real men drink the hard stuff.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The Templars did take their money and open pubs everywhere to keep adult males from diggin in to real world problems.

I live in the micro-brew haven on the PNW so I love real beer not bud/miller.

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I am not sure that I respect your opinion. No offense, but what do you know about beer?
This is an exclusive club, not just anyone can get in.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I won't dispute what you say, but maybe they were just trying to keep them from actually DOING something as opposed to digging. People have inquiring minds. Beer seems to make it all okay. For a while.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Shouldn't this have been put in the jokes section? I'm just saying....as for beer drinking....I don't drink beer....I find that a good fine wine...one glass with dinner does it for me.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is complete smegma,lol.

I live in Lichfield, 13miles from the real ale/beer capital of England (Burton). Only a month ago i went on the Martsons beers tour, i love my pedigree and real ale, and i get it fresh because of the close distance from burton. As you "know" your beer, you must be aware of the term "burtonised water" in which they make their ale with.

I drink larger and ale, but different times means different drinks, if im out for only a couple, i have ale. If im out for the one or two, i have stout, if im out with my mates and for quite a few, i have larger.

Saying people have a certain mentality because of a drink they enjoy just shows that your mentality is too immature to drink beer in the first place.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Only idiots drink beer, or alcohol at all for that matter, or should I say ethanol(you probably think that's just something they put in gas).
The TRUE intellectual elite don't drink that stuff at all.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The most useless thread ive seen in my short time here on ATS.. Wth are you talking about?? If you drink bud light your not a truther?? What the hell does beer have to do with being a truther??

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Actually, the TIE (True intellectual elite) have a wine chapter. Often though, they are too heavily invested in the establishment. Intelligent, yes, but vested if you know what I mean.
You have to be dedicated to the actual truth, and of course, know your wines.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Only idiots drink beer, or alcohol at all for that matter, or should I say ethanol(you probably think that's just something they put in gas).
The TRUE intellectual elite don't drink that stuff at all.

Thats a pretty harsh statement wouldnt you say?? Whats wrong with a few beers every once in awhile?? The idiots are the ones who cant handle it in other words getting completely smashed, and losing there self control..

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

You have the wrong attitude. I award you a Bud Lite.
If you keep it up, I will award you an entire six pack.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

You have the wrong attitude. I award you a Bud Lite.
If you keep it up, I will award you an entire six pack.

Can you reward me with a 24 pack please?? Im getting Madden tonight and i want to get a little weird..

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Really? Only idiots?
That is funny.
I am not motivated enough to bring you all of the great men and women, people that have literally changed the world, that have regularly enjoyed a good beer or wine. I am talking of self made men and women, the intellectual elite of our time.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Wrong attitude?? Its how i like to drink, there is no "right or wrong" way attitude to drink, everyone has their own taste, just as food. People like white wine instead or red, or ale more than larger, there is no right or wrong.

And for your information, i hate coors, terrible beer for my taste, but i have no problem with other people enjoying it.

Grow up a little, and then maybe you will end up having the right aged mind to drink alcohol in general.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

I can't award a Bud Lite to anyone with potential.
You have to prove you have none, and with the Madden reference you are mighty close.
In fact, close enough. The twelve pack will be arriving UPS.
(It is illegal, but us elites do what we want)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Okay Trollocks.
You force my hand.
If you want in the club, you have to demonstrate some INTELLECTUAL capacity. I see you enjoy beers. We call it Lager, not Larger. Is that what they call it in Burton?
They take an awful long time to ferment.
So, anyway, are you a truther? A birther? What do you think about our bloody wars?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Let me demonstrate, do you know the history of IPA ales?

IPA (Indian pale ale) got its name from a shipwreck. Back in the british empire, a cargo ship was shipwrecked, and a barrel washed ashore, the english people waiting for the ale found it and drank it. The ale had no name so they just called it Indian Pale Ale, which was also brewed in burton for it being the brewing capital of the british empire. Have a look at the recipe you drink, it will most likely be drawn back to a place named Burton On Trent in the Midlands.

As for the silly Larger/Lager crap, congrats, you've found a typo. Glad you found the importance in this topic so you may focus on it to help our debate.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

As for the "Truther/Birther/Bloody wars question, they have no place in this forum. You can not connect drink with topics/beliefs.

My beliefs is that generalisation is one of modern days biggest threats, and you've displayed that in front of us all.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Actually, the beer known as India Pale Ale had to make a very long journey and not spoil.
So, they added more hops to help preserve the beer.
India Pale Ale was born.
At least, that is the story on this side of the pond.
I love it nonetheless.
This thread is all in good fun. No need to get defensive. I actually thought it might be a dialect thing, calling it larger. I live in the "south", we have our distinctive dialects.
Enjoy your beer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join