It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The collapse in real economic data in the last 3 months is the sharpest in history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
But eh, believe Obama and the manipulated stock market, EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT!

How The Economy Quietly Entered A Recession On Friday, And Why The GDP Predicts A Sub-Zero Nonfarm Payroll Number

And lastly, sealing the deal for the "recession" argument is the following data from John Lohman which finds that the collapse in real-time economic data over the past three months is the sharpest in history.

To wit:

Another day, another disappointing real-time indicator declines AND is below consensus estimates. In fact, every manufacturing index for the month of August has missed expectations and signaled further weakness. As Bernanke, the IMF, and most Wall St. economists cling to the notion of a second-half acceleration, the rest of us are witnessing a deterioration in global growth which is unprecedented.

As shown, the current three month change is the largest in the history of the model. In other words, the collapse in real-time economic data (such as ISM, German IFO, etc.) over the past three months is the sharpest of the last two decades for which data is available.

In ``history`` means in this context, the last 20 years. So... it's still worse than 2007-2008... which was the worst ``recession`` since the last depression... so yeah.

What you should be ``surprised`` about (or not if you know a little about economics) is the unemployment numbers that will come out Friday will be very very very very very bad. You know how the US has been losing about 400k jobs every month right? Well the report for August will be out Friday... and we might just see 650k+ jobs lost Friday... which (hopefully) wake the hell up of those braindead people who still think Obama and congress are doing a ``good job`` to revive the economy...
edit on 29-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what the NFP employment figures reveal this week in the world's largest economy. However I was reading somewhere that the weekly jobless claims have not been too bad recently (even though they have been over 400k for 20 plus weeks, so don't know how that works). The graph cited on ZH suggest a negative GDP and therefore a negative jobs report correlating. Will be interesting to see what comes out of it. If it is negative, will be hard for the pollyannas to put a solid positive spin on the US economy eh?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

and we might just see 650k+ jobs lost Friday... which (hopefully) wake the hell up of those braindead people who still think Obama and congress are doing a ``good job`` to revive the economy...

You realize only 11% of Americans think congress is doing a good job, right? They interviewed one of the 11% people on the Daily Show a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty funny.
And Obama doesn't have any power at all over the economy, unless you want him to use unconstitutional dictatorial powers.

Those numbers don't look good at all, but rest easy, they'll spin it off as good somehow.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

And Obama doesn't have any power at all over the economy, unless you want him to use unconstitutional dictatorial powers.

Hmm yes he does. He could fire that SOB Geithner. He could fire Bernanke. He could put tarifs on chinese imports. He could bring back the troops... he could do a lot of stuff.

He could stop bailing out the big banks. Etc...

And 11% support congress.. but 40% still support Obama...
edit on 29-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The other great bubble of the last 20 years is **under-employment**

20 years ago, people working in retail had full time jobs, now - there's no such thing in retail. The exception is the mom & pop stores that value good people and offer full time positions.

The worst thing about "the numbers" is not how bad they are, but how much of a lie they are to begin with ... meaning the real truth is far worse.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Is interesting to see that even with the history of how the GDP came to be people doesn't know anything about how it works, if GDP figures are bad that means is worst than been posted, just like unemployment numbers.

The way the government plays with numbers is a shame and people still follow blindly and take as truth whatever the government throws at us.

GDP today in order to make the government look good is deceiving and outright a lie.

But that is OK as long as the government say is OK most people just put their glasses and drink the government hand made koolaid.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
they have been saying unemployment for august would be down and bad for a while now.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
TPTB aew not going to allow an increase of new unemployment claims to increase from the 'staged' 400k normal
to an uncrease of 250k from the norm--- in a single month !

the BLS figures will fall into the accepted 'normal' so the economic community can be massaged even more...

until--- after the NoBama work program he will announce in his labor day proclaimation on the 7th of Sept.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Obama is an unqualified punk with zero business or economic experience. His economic council were all bad choices, and in the end they abandoned him. No relevant experience, an anti-business agenda, a class warfare community mindset, a huge ego, and poor decision making skills, a spend and tax political party, and we have the worst choice of president in the worst economic situation.

Here's a good comparison chart of presidential approval ratings. It took the most maligned president (Bush) five years to drop to the same approval level that Obama reached in two years.
online.wsj.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Stealing
Taxing
Looting

THAT is the real economy. And it is doin' fine.

The fact that more people are losing jobs is just a proof that the "economists" did a fine job. They are now abandoning the depleted "matrix batteries" - turning the place into poisoned dump-yard. And moving out elsewhere.

The economy is a Locust thing

Look where the wind is taking the kites...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I have schizophrenia and for the past 7 years I haven't left the house much. The only time I left was to go grocery shopping and to the corner store. I'm getting out more now because I have a car. I've noticed some big changes.

The freeways at 5pm rush hour use to be jammed packed bumper to bumper. Now trafic just moves along. There are a lot less cars on the road.

I went shopping the other day and the stores were empty. Best Buy use to be full of people. I went in and I swear I was the only one in there shopping. I aslo went to a fishing/hunting outfitter store the same day. That store was competely empty also.

It also seems a lot of stores are cutting back on what they stock. Not as many choices as there once was. They only carry the esentials now.

The biggest thing I'm noticing now that I'm driving again is the price of gas. It doesn't take a genius to figure out people aren't spending money because it's going into there gas tanks. It's driving the cost of everything up.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I suspect like everything else the figures will be so fudged that by the time they are released they'll be spun to look ok for the masses.

But in the meanwhile a little distraction in the European markets would be handy.. and then we'll flip flop over to the US for a little distraction to alleviate the European Markets and then perhaps flip flop somewhere else for another distraction to alleviate the US markets.. and around we go again.

It's one heck of a game they are playing..

I just wish they would be put as much effort into kick starting our economies as the game they are playing has only a limited lifespan before the obvious to some is painfully obvious to all.

I wonder what will happen then...
edit on 30/8/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
its no real suprise people only just getting by,the day to day living costs are getting ridiculus,and how many of these newly created jobs are at macdonalds and other like low paying enslavement establishment......i dont know how people do it,im lucky and can create my own work...

peace

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Oil executives are number two on my list after bankers for people that need to be skinned alive, dipped in acid then tossed into a wood chipper before taking a generous leak on the pile of remains.

They KNOW the product they STEAL from 'the people' is the most valued commodity on earth after;

1. People
2. Water
3. Food

They know full well how important oil is yet they do nothing to stop the greed and profit. If any government was serious about fixing just one of the major problems we see they would start by telling every oil company under their control that prices are now cut 80%. By paying just 20% of the cost we pay now, budget problems, poverty problems, healthcare problems, all of these would find solutions with the additional cash on hand.

Isn't that what every charity claims will solve the problem? Cash? "If we could only get more MONEY we could cure cancer!" (Its a load of sh!t as cancer has already be cured.)

Something to think about...

-Lightrule

new topics

top topics

join