It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Protesters Now Calling For Foreign Intervention. Iran, Hezbollah Now Urging Dialogue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I saw this article come out earlier today, and this part caught my attention

www.cnn.com...

The chorus of foreign criticism and concern comes as opposition demonstrators inside Syria have begun for the first time making public appeals for foreign "protection."

The article says there were a few amateur videos released recently, with some protesters calling for international help.

From memory, about 2 weeks ago, the US ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice said on the Colbert Report, the reason Syria and Libya are different, is because the Syria protesters wanted to change the country by themselves, without foreign intervention.

This is a dramatic departure from the position demonstrators staked out during more than five months of protests against the government of Syrian president Bashar al- Assad. Previously, activists rejected the possibility of any foreign military intervention similar to the NATO bombing campaign of Libya.

Turkey again distanced themselves from Assad. They gave Assad an ultimatum, and it looks like the time is up for that.

Turkey: No confidence in Syrian government

Syria's ferocious crackdown against demonstrators persisted on Monday, but its tough actions against civilians are shattering its once-close relations with neighboring Turkey.

ATS Thread - Turkey give Syria ultimatum

Also recently, Hezbollah and Iran began being critical of Assad.

news.yahoo.com...

Even President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for dialogue with protesters in Damascus, contradicting the Syrian state's narrative that the security forces are facing "armed gangs" and "terrorists," but maintaining that there are "foreign elements" fomenting the unrest. "The government should answer to the demands of its people, be it Syria, Yemen or other countries,'' Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi was quoted by Iran's ISNA news agency as saying. ''The people of these nations have legitimate demands, and the governments should answer these demands as soon as possible."

Hizballah had echoed its sponsors in Iran, claiming that Syria is the victim of a "foreign conspiracy," a "Zionist plot" to weaken it for its anti-Israeli stance. But the group's leader, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, also mimicked Tehran's most recent advice to Assad: "Everyone who is a friend of Syria and seeks to preserve the country and its unity should combine efforts to help push them toward dialogue and peaceful resolution," he said last week.

It seems the corner Syria is being backed into is getting smaller and smaller.
edit on 29-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Also another interesting development, the EU has agreed to ban Oil imports from Syria.

blogs.aljazeera.net...

Syrian security forces killed six people on Monday, activists said as a Russian envoy visited Damascus and the EU agreed to ban oil imports from the country over its brutal crackdown on protesters.

I know Ive seen something like this before.......

bnn-news.com...

The EU is reinforcing sanctions against the Libyan regime by introducing a ban on oil and gas imports with the aim of leaving the Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi without new financial resources

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Man, I'm just beginning to digest all of the organized bullsnip coming out of the networks, from CNN to al-Jazeera (ATS Thread "BUSTED.") I don't think I can believe anything they broadcast at this point.

One thing is for sure, Syria is next; and then I'd keep a close eye on the perennial "threat" of Iran, a very close ally of Syria. What can we do to stop yet another illegal war? IMHO, not a damn thing. All we can do is sit back and watch in horror as our military attacks yet another country for no good reason, because not enough people are awake to the lies being spread by the major networks; from suppressing Ron Paul to faking news from a war zone, the news industry has become nothing more than a mouthpiece for TPTB, and their BS is becoming more apparent everyday. The unrest in Libya and Syria are none of our business; that is an internal affair of a sovereign nation and we have no legitimate reason to get involved.

"Oh yeah, I'm gonna bring the troops home first thing, and then be very careful about ever using them again. We don't need to be messing around in the internal affairs of other countries" - Paraphrased Obama BS.

Anyone who votes for this liar again is a tool.
edit on 8/29/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
ah the great war machine is rearing its ugly head yet again, as the U.S/U.N would say "great for business!" (as in war)
all this demonising of islam and all in the name of reducing or influencing the reduction in price of oil, which will then bring down the price of gold which in turn increases the value of the reserve currency the all (import)ant "the american dollar". swings and roundabouts really when it comes to doing business with america.

expect many more wars with "infidel" nations, the U.S/U.N will claim its about democracy, but its really about re-privatisation of energy in military or dictorial nations, thus liquifying the assets of that nation to the world markets. who said war wasn't good for business?

it's just a very desperate and very poor role model example of doing business. and dont tell me the US isnt the UN!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I agree with yo on this.

Syria now that Libya is about wrapped up. Lets give iand t all to muslim brotherhood. I have my suspicions that somebody is pulling our POTUS strings into USA collapse so they can attack Israel. Ontop of that we are arming these mongers.

MORE ABRAMS TANKS! TANKS FOR ALL FREEDOM FIGHTERS !

ugly future ahead. Better hope the EPA doesnt shut down all our coal and nuclear plants once that oil is removed from our import.

new topics

top topics

join