It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members under the age of 40, do you Subscribe to a Religion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by overseer1136
reply to post by MysticPearl

I am under 40 and a Free Christian. I am pretty sure there is no law seperating church and state except for the whole "State shal make no law respecting the establishment of religion or restricting the free excersize of religion" Many interpretations of that tho. The Church isn't where i go to hear the sermon, the Church is the Christians themselves. I dont believe in the sectarian denominationalization if christianity but it seems that groups get this Idea that they're interpretation of biblical passages is the only truth and that all others are going to H E Doublehockeysticks for not following their interpretation. THATS a LIE! Jesus called those Folks Pharisees and Saducees. They will tell you that God Hates the Gays. Thats a Lie! They say that Homsexuality is an abomination and God cant look upon it when in fact ALL sin is abomination and God cant look upon it. These church groups like the Southern Baptist Association are in fact crawling with Masons so there is prolly a conspiracy to discuss later on that subject. I think that young people today recognize the legitamacy of a church group by weather or not they do anything to help people or they just yell hate at people.

Well, i'm a missionary baptist and were in the MBA (missionary baptist association). We don't spew fire and brimstone like the southern baptists do. Denominationalism isn't really bad, its just that different church's have different views on the interpretations of doctrine. Denomination may separate us but Jesus Christ is the tie that binds us together. Through him we are all brothers and sisters, even though some of us like the mormons have a rather strange view on doctrine
and some may have a taste for more than one wife (God help me i don't know how they do it because all that bitching and hormone swinging would send me into a nuthouse), i'm just messing with em

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm like most of the others on this thread who do not go to a church but are spiritual. I think the reason that most of our demographic do not is because of two reasons:

We tend to see things that are ritualistic as suspicious and most churches are just that. Our generation was not brought up on traditionalism and usually see traditions as closed minded.

Also, those of us who were brought up in very christian homes were very exposed to the televangelist movement of the 90's and massive fraud that was taking place in the church. I know for me there was a very bad taste left in my mouth by that. I remember going to many different churches and hearing sermon after sermon about tithing giving to the church, this made me sick when my pastor came into the architecture firm that I was interning with to build his $2 million mansion at the age of 35 (his only income was the church, and had been for years, no family money either). I know that they are not all like that though. Just jaded me a little.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Star for you! I dont know how they do the multiple wife thing either. I'm still trying to find out how to turn the "Crazy" switch to off position on mine!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yeah, the MBA is a completely different Org from the SBA. The SBA is crazy! I was givin some materials to teach a college and career class but after reviewing it I felt uneasy. I asked how is it that i'm supposed to teach a bunch of opinion crap when i have the best resource known as "The words in red". I was told this is the agenda we subscribe to and this is where the Baptist church is going and this is the only endorsed interpretation of scripture. Needless to say I immediatley left. Now I feed homeless and unemployed families who, as a result, appreciate the help and thank God for everyday they have. I dare any atheist to tell them that their faith is nothing more than Sheeple control.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMan
14 years old, currently agnostic, likely to stay that way for quite some time as well.

O.o

Not sure if ATS has a age limit or not. lol

What do you mean by agnostic?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by Noinden

Do you play WoW?
I kid.

Perhaps make a thread about your religion. Whats it about?

Gee that was only slightly condescending
(I also kid) I have not played WoW, I can't stand it (I do play other MMORPGs none have Druid as an option).

I will do just that in a bit, I'm in the middle of crunching some data for my research, and I then I'll go to it

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
23 here. Was baptized catholic, stopped attending mass around age 12. A lot of my family is very religious. I consider myself Agnostic. I can't prove or disprove a higher power.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
31- raised by a christian extremist pastor grandfather. Agnostic.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by overseer1136

Yeah, the MBA is a completely different Org from the SBA. The SBA is crazy! I was givin some materials to teach a college and career class but after reviewing it I felt uneasy. I asked how is it that i'm supposed to teach a bunch of opinion crap when i have the best resource known as "The words in red". I was told this is the agenda we subscribe to and this is where the Baptist church is going and this is the only endorsed interpretation of scripture. Needless to say I immediatley left. Now I feed homeless and unemployed families who, as a result, appreciate the help and thank God for everyday they have. I dare any atheist to tell them that their faith is nothing more than Sheeple control.

I say to you brother, that there are MANY people in the world who will never understand Jesus Christ, because they are not one of his and have not been chosen.

The fire and brimstone path is the easiest way by far, to turn people away from Christ. Jesus was never about hellfire and damnation preaching, this method hails from the Puritan days. Jesus preached to love your enemies and your neighbors, not condemning every man you see to hell for not accepting him.

Feeding the homeless and providing for needy families is the work that Christ has called us to do, not just witnessing to people. If you do that then you are on the right path.

Matthew 25: 35-40
35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
edit on 31-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hello! I'm 17 and I'm a Christian. Man let me tell you, this world is going in the wrong direction. Things were much better back then when more people believed in Jesus Christ. The Illuminati has been trying extremely hard to rid of anything and everything that has to do with God. They are way beyond steering the country away from him, it's already in the process. I used to go to a public school. Nobody prays, and nobody dares talk about religion. The only time that the Lord's name is used in the public school system is when it is used in vain. That is a shame. Yesterday I was reading a list of YouTube comments, one of them made me sick in the stomach. The guy was saying, "this world will never know true peace until every last Christian is strangled with the guts of very Jew". I'm just a kid. And it hurts me to know that people are so blinded that they would kill me, in the name of atheism. I wanted to say something to him but I didn't. It just goes to show, things are winding down. And pretty soon, I'll be put do death by the people I'm trying to save.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BradleyBrantner
Hello! I'm 17 and I'm a Christian. Man let me tell you, this world is going in the wrong direction. Things were much better back then when more people believed in Jesus Christ. The Illuminati has been trying extremely hard to rid of anything and everything that has to do with God. They are way beyond steering the country away from him, it's already in the process. I used to go to a public school. Nobody prays, and nobody dares talk about religion. The only time that the Lord's name is used in the public school system is when it is used in vain. That is a shame. Yesterday I was reading a list of YouTube comments, one of them made me sick in the stomach. The guy was saying, "this world will never know true peace until every last Christian is strangled with the guts of very Jew". I'm just a kid. And it hurts me to know that people are so blinded that they would kill me, in the name of atheism. I wanted to say something to him but I didn't. It just goes to show, things are winding down. And pretty soon, I'll be put do death by the people I'm trying to save.

Were in the Time of Sorrows, the beginnings of the birth pains of the Tribulation. It wont be much longer. Just hold on till we are martyred, then we will go home, strap on our armor and weapons and return at the Lord's side as his army. Justice is coming. Pure justice, not this corrupt thing the people of this world call justice. Christ is coming back and he is pissed.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I believe in Karma.

But really, looking from the outside in - Religion is baffling. Thats why I practice spiritual beliefs

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

You wrote:

["Were in the Time of Sorrows, the beginnings of the birth pains of the Tribulation. It wont be much longer. Just hold on till we are martyred, then we will go home, strap on our armor and weapons and return at the Lord's side as his army. Justice is coming. Pure justice, not this corrupt thing the people of this world call justice. Christ is coming back and he is pissed."]

He sure is...here referring to the passing of water.....

....about the 'christian soldier' thing.

And to bring your mini-sermon back to topic (though in an inverse way), I'm so fossiled, that I practically have spaketh (holy past tense of 'speak') with people contemporary with JC. That's how I know,.... apart from being a surviving renegade of the sixties, when the blasphemy of thinking for yourself became a fad.

edit on 1-9-2011 by bogomil because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenMe2012

Where do you people come up with this? Do you even check your sources? There is no God that is followed by that name.

www.kingdavid8.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
16 here,
Born into a Hindu family, Grandparents and relatives are quite religious, parents follow it, but by no means are "actively practising," I myself would consider my religious outlook to be Atheist, mainly due to the fact that with a new generation (and i've seen this everywhere in my high-school) of teenagers are much more open and questioning about the religious beliefs instilled upon them as they were growing up.

I think society needs people that are free to practice and say what they truly believe. I like that more and more people are not being hindered by religious beliefs they do not agree with. (Not to say that religion hinders beliefs.)

Any other opinions?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

20 here, I grew up agnostic, but recently became a practising Christian after i was convinced evolution is a lie and the new world order is trying to destroy christianity.
edit on 14-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm 19 Live in the United Slavery of America and believe the Aliens created us.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I've noticed the over 40 crowd tends to be more deeply rooted in religion. I'm 23, I was raised Presbyterian Christian but in the last few years I have moved away from that and toward what I consider Pagan. I put a great value on spirituality but I feel like organized religion has outlived its usefulness. Not that I hold any grudges against those who choose to practice it, I just feel like there are better ways to enlightenment if you have an open mind. In my humble opinion we need more spirituality and less religion. And when I say religion I mean the ritualistic following of any system where you adapt your beliefs to the system, rather than the system to your beliefs. If that makes sense.

Looking at my own family though its kind of funny. My mom was the one who pushed Christianity on me as a child, my dad went along with it probably just to make her happy (he never seemed too serious about it) however my dad's parents are devoted Baptists and my mom's parents are self-proclaimed "heathens" (they seem atheist or agnostic at best) and laugh at my mom and my uncle's attempts to convert them. So... I dunno?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
People tend to look at me funny... I'm 35yo and I was raised a christian... But these days I have no set religious belief structure... I take truth where I find it. I have found truth in christianity, Satanism, easten religions, science, history and many other places.

God gives up free will to make our own choices... We do what god tells us to or he fries us. Even my conservative, fundalmentalist christian Mother can see the issues with that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join