It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Viewed in its Shelter? You Decide. [Video]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
OK. There's a Youtuber named SUSANFARNS. Her team goes on regular expeditions in their area which appears to be the Mogollon Rim, Arizona.

Mogollon Rim, Arizona: Stretching from just southwest of Flagstaff to the White Mountains of eastern Arizona, the Mogollon Rim [map] marks the southern edge of the Colorado Plateau in Arizona. The long escarpment, thousands of feet high in some areas, extends for nearly 200 miles across central Arizona. Average elevation of this undulating rim and plateau country is about 7000 feet.

Just over a year ago she posted an interesting video from one of their expeditions.

In the following video you will see a group of people exploring the wooded area as they come across some type of makeshift shelter made of sticks and foilage. As one of the men videotaping the event peers into the opening a figure can be seen in the back of the shelter, slightly moving and looking as if it's holding a baby bigfoot.

At 3:50 of the video is when the man videotapes the inside of the shelter and notices something in the back of it. Something ALIVE!

Can anyone see it? It looks like it's sitting down huddled back in the corner and possible holding a baby bigfoot. Are there any video experts that can brighten the image or trace it so people can maybe see it better? The man in the video says he sees something moving and then exclaims "It's looking at me..."

I'm interested in your thoughts on this one. Looks legit to me.
edit on 8/29/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Not sure what to think. If this was taken over a year ago, you'd think the video would've had plenty time to be analyzed. Personally, I almost hope that if bigfoot does really exist, we never find out. They'll just become experimented on and abused.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I was waiting for someone to go around the back of the mound & poke it with a stick!If they thought that was a bigfoot baby surely they would annoy it out of its hole,that's their 'holy grail'' so why just leave it?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So did the Bigfoot inside the hole shrink to the size of a bear cub or what? And where was the mother bear Bigfoot?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
so that "lodge" or whatever it is, is pretty cool. I have no clue what it is. I watched the video 3 times and in full screen. i really want to see something in the back of that hole but try as i might, i couldn't see anything other than blackness, and i saw no movement. No eyes or anything.

dont any of those guys have a flashlight?
edit on 29-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I could make out eyes even on the small window on ATS,look again.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
if there was a mummy bigfoot holding a baby bigfoot in that pile of grass, they cant be very big... maybe thats why they are so hard to find

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Have these people ever heard of camouflage clothing,I can almost hear bigfoot and the littlefoots laughing at their bright red clothing

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
All I can really say is that I would sure like to know what these things are that are being referred to as 'bigfoot shelters'.
Wasn't one like this featured on a cable bigfoot documentary? History channel or something?

Is there an animal that makes this kind of shelter for itself? I have been looking in to bears and their dens (on the web) and this is the closest thing I can find...

Bears generally bed away from people and other bears. In cold weather, especially in spring when the ground is still frozen, they insulate themselves from the ground by raking up leaf litter or placing conifer boughs in their beds. They obtain the boughs by biting branches off conifer saplings. Sometimes they strip the bark off cedars to use as bedding. In warm weather, they bed directly on the ground, often in cool, damp, mossy areas.

www.bear.org...

It looks like it would be the right size and shape for bear; if they (bears) created dens made from a stick frame covered with leaves. Even the entrance opening would seem the right size for bear; they like to squeeze themselves in.

But I don't think there is a precedent for bears nesting like this.

So what is the thing? Did these people make it (I don't think so)? Are people making these for themselves out there for some reason (survival?)? I think the structures are strange and interesting by themselves.

But I didn't see a bigfoot in there.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If you look at 6.36 it seems to be in a dip or crater, and I'm wondering if this is an old Beaver lodge that is now being used by other critters: Black Bear or Porcupine etc.

Bigfoot, I don't think so

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Interesting, but if that guy said his shoulders were too wide to fit through, I'm not sure how a bigfoot would do it. I can't really see what's in there myself, but I have to admit that the shelter itself is interesting. Besides humans, I'm not sure what would build something like that. Then again, I'm not a wildlife expert. I would love for Bigfoot to be real though!
edit on 8/29/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
While I would like to believe this is authentic, we can not rule out the possibility of either a hoax. This shelter could have been built in less than a day, and there is no absolute proof that anything living was actually inside.

Obviously it could not be a bear that built the shelter. The inside is very intricate in terms of architecture for an animal, so either a person built it, or a Bigfoot. Could a person have built it, and then later a bear decided to occupy it? Possibly, but the hole in the front was perfectly round, which indicates to me that it was either freshly made, or someone or something is performing upkeep on it.

I spent some time attempting to figure out how the creature was positioned, if in fact it were a Bigfoot. The only possibility I could see was that it was lying down on its right side, with the lower half of its body stretched further back into the structure. The head would be on the left of the screen, and it seems like it is almost lying on its shoulder, semi propped up.

With all things considered, I didn't see anything moving, and this makes me question whether there was anything inside that was living, and the circumstances, in my opinion, are not conducive to this being a Bigfoot.

If they thought there was something in there, their actions would have been different. Their actions prove to me that this was staged. You have to really think about the situation to come to this conclusion logically, and I am convinced that anyone who does so will agree with me.
Note that I am a supporter of Bigfeets, lol, so I definitely wanted this to be real, but I do things as scientifically as possible...And even when I don't do things scientifically, I don't let my emotions and biases get in the way or cloud my judgement.

If these animals lived in structures like this, you would think there would have been more found.
Also, I don't think the individuals in the video made a very big deal about this video, considering that they didn't promote it, and it has been around a year since this incident took place. Just adds to the mounting evidence in favor of this video not being all that the presenters would like you to believe.

MY CONCLUSIONS:

The structure is man-made.
There was nothing "living" inside the structure.
In all probability this is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

edit on 29-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: nvm, redundant

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
At 6:47 you get a very good view of the size of this structure. It does not appear to be big enough for a bigfoot. At least not the bigfoot as I have heard it described.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
For something that would be a scientific triumph, they don't really seem to be too willing to prove their find is no hoax.

Does anyone go camping without a flashlight?

Even if they didn't have one on hand they could have sent someone back to camp to get one.

Couldn't they have tied the camera to a long enough branch and stuck it right in? (Surely a shoelace would have been available if they didn't have anything else to use?

Wouldn't there have been hair in and around the "mound" to take back for scientific analysis?

Wouldn't there have been animal droppings in the immediate vicinity to collect for analysis?

I'm calling hoax for this piss poor way the investigation was handled and for the fact that despite being done in 2010, there is no follow up information.

To Add.

Normally animal nests have a smell associated with them.

No one on the video mentions any kind of abnormal smells.
edit on 29/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sasquatch aka bigfoot is a dimensional creature capable of "thinning" through the ether.This is unlikely its habitat.
However it could be a harvesting ground for it when it is here foraging for food.............peace

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If a normal human man says his shoulders are too broad to get inside, then you can pretty much guarantee this isn't a Bigfoot home.

But it could be a home to a hobbit!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
I was waiting for someone to go around the back of the mound & poke it with a stick!If they thought that was a bigfoot baby surely they would annoy it out of its hole,that's their 'holy grail'' so why just leave it?

There's a couple of reasons why somebody would just leave it, one would be if it was a baby whatever then mamma aint gonna be too far away, I mean if that was a bear cub those guys were in serious danger, and if bigfoot exists I wouldn't want to piss one off by messin with it's young. Two would be just having respect for living things, there are a myriad of reasons why whatever is in that hole deserves to be left well alone, many if not all sincere bigfoot 'hunters' abhor the idea of harming or killing just one to prove that bigfoot exists to the rest of the world, and only a selfish prick would kill one for money.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Assumptions and opinions are being thrown about all claiming this thing to be a bigfoot dwelling. They have no proof what or who built this structure. This is what is wrong with bigfoot researchers. This structure is man made either by a native american indians or someone taught by them. If you don't believe, it can be checked out by doing a little web surfing. So called evidence is appearing with much more frequency but no investigation is being done to determine what this evidence really is. Personally I'll stay with footprints and hair samples even though these can also be faked or missidentified.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Isn't this the same video that also panned away to a ridge some distance away where there was a figure moving down the top and seemingly waving and shouting at them?

The depth of the nest, which they fairly well showed to us in the beginning, didn't seem big enough to house a Sasquatch, even a youngster. And if the cameraman couldn't get in, certainly, an adult Sasquatch couldn't.
That's all I'll say because I believe in the creatures.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join