It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Peptide Reverses Tooth Decay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I came across this article
University of Leeds
that describes a new procedure to reverse tooth decay in the first stages, and possibly beyond..

Researchers at the University of Leeds have discovered a pain-free way of tackling dental decay that reverses the damage of acid attack and re-builds teeth as new.

The peptide technology is based on knowledge of how the tooth forms in the first place and stimulates regeneration of the tooth defect.

Wow! This is promising for several reasons. Mainly the pain of a toothache and also the pain of knowing you can't afford to get it fixed. I have lost a couple of teeth, and let me tell you what that does to your self-esteem......destroyed and gone. Ever tried talking to someone while trying to hide a broken smile?

The 'magic' fluid was designed by researchers in the University of Leeds' School of Chemistry, led by Dr Amalia Aggeli. It contains a peptide known as P 11-4 that - under certain conditions - will assemble together into fibres. In practice, this means that when applied to the tooth, the fluid seeps into the micro-pores caused by acid attack and then spontaneously forms a gel. This gel then provides a 'scaffold' or framework that attracts calcium and regenerates the tooth's mineral from within, providing a natural and pain-free repair.

The way that they are describing this scaffolding reminds me also of this
Regrowing body parts- Time Mag

In order to mold human organs from a clump of cells, Atala came up with creatively constructed scaffolds that would guide the newly grown cells into shape. In most cases — for the bladder, blood vessels and valves, for example — he uses a biodegradable material made of collagen, the structural component in skin. But in order to create more complex structures, such as the heart, he needed something far more sophisticated as a matrix. That's where the inkjet printer came in. One of Atala's colleagues had the bright idea that if a printer can spray tiny bits of ink in a pre-set pattern, why couldn't that same technique be used to scatter cells into pre-designed templates? So, instead of printing in one dimension, Atala's expert re-tooled the printer to "print" its cells in successive layers; the end result is a three-dimensional mold of cells that looks suspiciously like, for example, a rudimentary heart. Read more: www.time.com...

So, how long before they can print the tooth structure, implant it and treat with the new solution in order to grow an entirely new tooth?

Sure, you may have to eat chicken noodle for six months, but for me it would be worth it!

Cheers friends.. rbn

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
As a Brit this is good news for me

I'm only joking.
edit on 29/8/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Nice find! If what is being reported is true about this peptide, I can't wait to see it become available to the general public. I've got a few cavities I'd like to introduce to this new treatment. I have hereditary defect in my teeth (With some long medical name I've long since forgotten) where basically the teeth are weaker, though appear normal. It's plagued every member of my mother side of the family and was lovingly passed down to me.

I will wait patently for the day i can actually crunch my ice chips with the right side of my mouth

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If I could get my hands on this I would be SO happy.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
lol i read this as i put a over the counter temporary dental filling in

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
you can reverse tooth decay with the foods you eat as well. Includes a diet of Non pasteurized organic milk cheese, vegetables and such. No processed foods or sugar intake and drink only filtered water. Use non Fluoride toothpaste and eat grass fed cow beef. Vitamins and Minerals are essential if you wish to rebuilt teeth. Also eat organic cage free egg's. Bread made from processed flour and or white bleached flour is horrible for you. There are other things to do as well like Plenty of calcium/vitamin D. I am currently using this treatment as well as I told the two dentists I saw to go # themselves and their $1000 medical bills to fix one tooth problem. I refuse to believe that in this day and age of technology are only option is to drill and fill and cap. So far its working..SOB's....
edit on 30-8-2011 by Old77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

We in the same boat bro, I live in "The Deep South" -cue ominous music-

We don't got nothing but bad teeth and trees.

And I do think it's ridiculous to pay $1000 to repair one tooth. Matter of fact, alot of these medical procedures are WAY too expensive.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
just payed 1800€ for 7 tooths with everything
(its not 1000$ for one thats ridiculous, atleast here where i live)

i wish i could use this method

edit on 30/8/2011 by Neoony because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Great news. Now if only they could make a substance that fixes male-pattern baldness then I'd be all in.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neoony
just payed 1800€ for 7 tooths with everything

i wish i could use this method

I feel ya man. In my lifetime I've probably dropped more than $10,000 on my teeth. Sports and skateboarding aren't a tooth's best friend.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Awesome! I also can't wait for those water engines to hit the market too.

So basically you guys believe that the billions a year Dental procedures bring in are about to be brought down to potentially hundreds of dollars per year? I'm not holding my breath, because this won't become available to you and I most likely. Cures mean loss of income and customers, which is why nothing ever gets cured, only treated.

The patent to this will be bought for almost any price, then it will be shelved.
edit on 30-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Old77

I agree i don't like fluoride either but according to science it helps re-mineralization of teeth

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Good Post OP. THanks !

The root cause of decay IS the acid which forms in the mouth.

Baking soda helps to neutralize this destructive and invasive chemical substance.

Eating plain yogurt also helps balance the Ph of the mouth.

It's the acids as a result of the foods in which we eat....namely SUGAR.

Ever see tooth decay in any of your pets teeth ?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by supergod
reply to post by Old77

I agree i don't like fluoride either but according to science it helps re-mineralization of teeth

What? Show me this conclusive evidence that Fluoride is good for teeth in any way.
Sodium Fluoride is a toxic poison in every way, yet it is put in the drinking water "on purpose", to believe that a toxic poison is beneficial is quite insane to me. Would you put a tablet of rat poison in a glass of water you're about to drink? It's pretty much the same thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yes Fluoride is a dangerous poison the same of which was used to keep Natzi prisoners and or known as "Jews in death camps" docile.

We need a revolution in the way we eat. If you want to know true destruction...It comes in the form of what we are told is food on a daily basis. Its really sad to see how we are being spiritually killed off by industrial food and medicine. What this stuff does to the human body and bran is criminal.

Eating well is expensive but riddle me this...what is more important to people in the end..a well balanced well tuned body in good Hygiene. Or 360 channels + high speed internet at a cost of usually $50-$200 + $4 dollar coffee's and $7 dollar cigarette packs. Useless material junk that is obsolete the day after purchase and ugly when compared to the next new thing.

I choose good health and mind over wasted $. They may have my taxes for the time being but they can never have my mind and soul...

top topics

join