It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mid-Atlantic Mega Quakes September 4th-10th 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Back in March I found this prediction about Mega Quakes to hit Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina in September 2011. It stayed in the back of my mind, due to me only being a few miles away from the 9.5 one predicted in Virginia. I also considered, anyone getting info from "Star People" was probably full of it. All this got my attention again when we had our EQ in Mineral, VA back on August 23rd.

September 4th-10th Prediction

This is my advisement about Five Great Quakes to rock the US East Coast between September 4 and 10. This report provides additional details, building on the base core of information from Star Nations already, and relayed by Star Person-Incarnate Fran about there being five big quakes along the Appalachian Mountain chain in early September, and the dates of each. First I will provide data I've developed by psychic "future-reading" of the energy signature of each Quake, and then I will follow all that with a few overall comments about potential impacts, and about Mother Earth's intentions.

Great Quake #1: Sunday, Sept. 4, magnitude 8.1. Epicenter around Harmony, North Carolina 28634, GPS coordinates: 36 degrees, 57', 32.07" North Latitude; 80 degrees, 46', 14.45" West Longitude. This is 22 miles west-southwest of Winston-Salem, NC. The epicenter is also 300 miles west of Naval Station Norfolk, VA; and 350 miles southwest of Washington, DC.

Great Quake #2: Monday, Sept. 5, magnitude 8.2. Epicenter around Petersburg, West Virginia 26847; GPS coordinates: 38 degrees, 59', 46.84" N Lat.; 79 degrees, 7', 28.56" W Long. This is 100 miles due west of Washington, DC.

Great Quake #3: Tuesday, Sept. 6, magnitude 8.5. Epicenter under High Knob peak on the Virginia-West Virginia State Line, about 20 miles northwest of Harrisonburg, VA 22801; GPS coordinates: 38 degrees, 34', 9.33" N Lat.; 79 degrees, 10', 15.02" W Long. This is 90 miles west-southwest of Washington, DC.

Great Quake #4: Wednesday, Sept. 7, magnitude 9.5. Epicenter 2 miles west of Catawba, Virginia 24070, under VA HWY 311, halfway between Catawba and Brush Mountain; GPS coordinates: 37 degrees, 24', 3.27" N Lat.; 80 degrees, 9', 20.30" W Long. This is 8 miles northwest of Roanoke, Virginia. The epicenter is also 200 miles southwest of Washington, DC; and 168 miles east-southeast of Naval Station Norfolk, VA.

Great Quake # 5: Saturday, Sept. 10, magnitude 8.2. Epicenter under Harmon Rocks peak, 5 miles northwest of Franklin, West Virginia 26807, (2/3 of the distance between Franklin and the US 33 & VA 28 highways junction); GPS coordinates: 38 degrees, 42', 32.07" N Lat.; 79 degrees, 24', 17.04" W Long. This epicenter is 110 miles west-southwest of Washington, DC. I have uploaded to this website a satellite photo map of the Five Great Quakes, with push pins identifying the epicenter of each one.

Virginia has not had an EQ near the 5.9 magnitude in 114 years! It just seemed that this prediction was eerily close to the August 23rd event, a matter of a couple of weeks. Then I started thinking about the USGS warning that the 5.9 mag. quake that hit Mineral, VA could be a foreshock similar to what happened with the Japan quake.

I also noticed that one of the locations for a Mega Quake is on the VA - WV border. On August 25th there was a small quake on the VA -WV border very close to the predicted future quake. Here's the info for that one:
USGS

Earthquake Details
This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 2.7
Date-Time Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 05:59:13 UTC
Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 01:59:13 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Location 37.916°N, 80.215°W Depth 12.9 km (8.0 miles)
Region WEST VIRGINIA
Distances 15 km (9 miles) SE (124°) from Falling Spring, WV
16 km (10 miles) NNE (30°) from White Sulphur Springs, WV
23 km (14 miles) ENE (58°) from Lewisburg, WV
75 km (46 miles) NNW (342°) from Roanoke, VA
202 km (125 miles) N (1°) from Winston-Salem, NC
282 km (175 miles) S (184°) from Pittsburgh, PA

Just interesting to see this area getting active. I do find it hard to believe though that so many 8.0+ quakes could happen in the same general area with the same general magnitude. At least we won't have to wait long to see how this one plays out! Hopefully it doesn't! I can't imagine many structures in this area being able to withstand that large of an EQ.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You make me feel so, so safe.
So damn safe

Another cryptic warning, thou can all do without them.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's very interesting to see this be predicted before the EQ last week. I mean, who really would predict any on the East Coast without having someone laugh.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Soooo....what of this guy's other predictions? Surely, if he's getting psychic readings and making predictions, he's made them before. What's his hit rate?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeDaShom

Who was laughing? Of course, no date was provided.
www.eurekalert.org...
Some sources have a little more basis than others.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Isn't the mid-atlantic ridge in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I meant as in not taking it seriously. I mean a large quake.
edit on 29-8-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Cross your fingers and hope for the best?

I guess we all have to wait and see

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
scientists will start pumping stuff iceland carbon global warming now

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

Hi Tollon, when last spotted I believe it was in the middle of the Atlantic, of course a pole shift may have moved it to VA recently!
Edit to add: Just twigged the Mid Atlantic thing. Mid Atlantic Seaboard not mid Atlantic Ridge.

Actually I find this 'prediction' rather interesting. Whilst I don't see a year on it I am assuming that it is talking about 2011. It is not often you see such very specific dates. The author of this prediction must personally feel very sure of himself to make so specific a claim.

If, as I believe, it does not come to pass he has lost all credibility if he ever had any. The magnitudes being suggested would be extreme anywhere in the world but for a continental quake are way over the top of what would be expected I believe. If we are looking at continental quakes then please correct me if I am wrong but the NMSZ quakes in 1811, 1812 at around mag 8 are some of the largest.

He is suggesting a mag 9.5 - the same as Chile in 1960. That I believe will not happen since (1) it is continental and (2) it is probably outside the pattern of mega quakes (more of which later).

edit on 29/8/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks for pointing that out Puterman.
The title of the thread is a little confusing to a layman.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Its like a bad SF movie.

The US is the epicentre of everything.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Tollon

Hi Tollon, when last spotted I believe it was in the middle of the Atlantic, of course a pole shift may have moved it to VA recently!
Edit to add: Just twigged the Mid Atlantic thing. Mid Atlantic Seaboard not mid Atlantic Ridge.

Actually I find this 'prediction' rather interesting. Whilst I don't see a year on it I am assuming that it is talking about 2011. It is not often you see such very specific dates. The author of this prediction must personally feel very sure of himself to make so specific a claim.

If, as I believe, it does not come to pass he has lost all credibility if he ever had any. The magnitudes being suggested would be extreme anywhere in the world but for a continental quake are way over the top of what would be expected I believe. If we are looking at continental quakes then please correct me if I am wrong but the NMSZ quakes in 1811, 1812 at around mag 8 are some of the largest.

He is suggesting a mag 9.5 - the same as Chile in 1960. That I believe will not happen since (1) it is continental and (2) it is probably outside the pattern of mega quakes (more of which later).

The 1811-12 quakes were well over 9. Bigger than than 1960 quake. There were no measuring devices then and the magnitudes given of 8 are pure BS and are proven to be false. Just nonsense from the USGS to make people docile.

Also, New Madrid is intrinsically connected to the region being discussed here through the Puerto Rico plate and the sunken plate that is below Baja. It pushes pressure at the Madrid rift region and this pressure has a direct outlet on the US east coast in this same exact region.

With all the forces of New Madrid's rift zone, which is very capable of a 9.5 to 9.6 earthquake.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Tollon

The 1811-12 quakes were well over 9. Bigger than than 1960 quake. There were no measuring devices then and the magnitudes given of 8 are pure BS and are proven to be false. Just nonsense from the USGS to make people docile.

Also, New Madrid is intrinsically connected to the region being discussed here through the Puerto Rico plate and the sunken plate that is below Baja. It pushes pressure at the Madrid rift region and this pressure has a direct outlet on the US east coast in this same exact region.

With all the forces of New Madrid's rift zone, which is very capable of a 9.5 to 9.6 earthquake.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

You make it sound like facts, yet you are still basing all of this on advanced guessing.
Would you care to present the proven facts on why the USGS data is BS?
If New Madrid fault is putting this kind of pressure on this area, then there surely must have been several large (8.0+?) earthquakes here in the past.
Are there, to your knowledge, any geological facts in the area that supports that claim?

I won't go into a lengthy discussion with you about this, since I have no expertise in this area.
But just like the average ATS reader, I very much like facts presented together with various claims, if nothing else to educate me a little.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tollon
Isn't the mid-atlantic ridge in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean?

Just what I was thinking. The thread title is a tad misleading!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

This dude has been fear mongering the Madrid so bad, I nearly had a nervous breakdown because of this guy. Good lord, where do you come from dude ? Cut me some slack! Where is your info coming from ? I've heard all your information! You can write a bestseller on this!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I would just like to clear up the "Mid-Atlantic" title to this thread. Our region is called the Mid-Atlantic Region.

Mid-Atlantic Region

The Mid-Atlantic states, also called middle Atlantic states or simply the mid Atlantic, form a region of the United States generally located between New England and the South. Its exact definition differs upon source, but the region often includes Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., Virginia, New York, West Virginia.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

My apologies - I had never come across the term before. To me (and I'm guessing most people) Mid-Atlantic means the Mid-Atlantic ridge. And a major quake there could be much more devastating than a mid continental one (think of the tsunamis hitting Europe and the US).

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
No problem....I probably should have worded it differently.
The website also talks about tsunamis and a situation with the Canary Islands. I'm not sure how a land quake that far inland would create tsunamis but I guess if land collapsed at the Canary Islands then that would be a HUGH cause for concern!
Here is what it says:

[

In addition to the very powerful shaking these Great Quakes will generate, there is indication that substantial Seiches (inland waterway tidal waves) will develop in Chesapeake Bay (affecting Washington, DC and Baltimore) and in Delaware Bay (affecting Philadelphia).

And additional significant Tsunamis will develop along portions of the U.S. Atlantic Coast, also potentially affecting to some degree New York Bay and Long Island Sound, affecting JFK Airport and low-lying portions of Manhattan.

The Navy's huge Norfolk Naval Base would be well advised to send its fleets out to sea to ride out the seiches/tsunamis to occur at the mouth of Chesapeake Bay.

The energy reading I get is that one or more of the Five Great Quakes' energy waves radiating out in Earth's crust will trigger a reactive massive slope failure of the unstable seaside flank of Cumbre Vieja Volcano in La Palma, Canary Islands, across the Atlantic. Such an enormous seaslide would generate additional westward-heading tsunamis of wave heights of up to 60 meters (roughly 200 feet) high, hitting the coasts of Florida, the outer Caribbean islands and Brazil.

top topics

join