It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Blimey Gorman.

That is truly shocking.

I'm sorry for you. I will have to ruminate on your post some in order to properly think about what you have said, but i have to say, you do not seem to bear much relation to the Gorman i enjoyed a nice chat about Infinity with a year or so ago,,,i'm hoping you are having a bad day and you're exaggerating in your posts, not for my sake, it will not really affect me one way or the other, but for your own sake.

The way you speak, sounds more like the opinions of someone who follows a religion altogether more bestial.

I'm sorry if that offends you, i really am. That's how it comes across to me as a snap reaction.

I will think on it and reply properly though.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Gods kitchen

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/255116574a01.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm out.

Peace
Slay

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I don't really take offense to anything. I'm honest, I expect no different in return. I am saying it as it is. RG is flawed in his thinking because he is closed minded. I am not. That's really all I can tell, from what I know, that separates us.

Sorry I don't recall such a conversation, but I really don't recall much from any conversation. I still know all that I do about the sciences. And as you can see here I still do enjoy putting those people whom deny them up to the plate to answer for themselves.

A year ago I was mostly the same person I am now. Though I will admit to growing more angry, and in turn, more stable in controlling it. Occasionally you might spot a rant out of me if someone truly does deserve it. I'm surprised I did not do so on RG.

I'm not really all that bitter. But I was speaking in context to what I think on other, non scientific things.

Like I said, best description of me is a good honest person that knows a lot about many things, but with a fiery temper that, although well contained, is merciless once unleashed. I don't really view this as wrong, because it entitles you to being very friendly, noble, and absolutely unending in the defense of all that is good, truth, and loyal. I would walk that extra mile for a person. And you know what? I wouldn't feel any remorse in the destruction of those seeking to destroy that person I am walking that extra mile for.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

How do you extrapolate that? I would view the act of war, or "raping Poland", as a crime. A crime that should not happen. I'm not going to go and say he did "war crimes", sounding like it would be perfectly ok to do what you do in war as long as no civilians die. The hell kind of logic is that? War is a crime against your fellow man. Period. You can't have war crimes, because that entitles that you can have a war without crime. It's like saying someone can be charged for a hostage crime. No, the act of taking a hostage is a crime.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I'll try...i was reading an online bible one night (it was a slow ATS night, and my insomnia was driving me up the wall, thought it would help with both) and stumbled across it...i'll see if i can dig it up again and post it for you..on one condition, you answer the numerous questions about ethnicity put to you? (if you haven't already, i am not skipping to the end of the thread)

Deal?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I figured more people would lean towards creation.
hmmm.
I'll pray for the world today.

Okily Dokily!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Neandertals and homo sapian sapians bred..you can find their dna in us today (some more than others). They didn't lose, they simply got assimilated by the similar but more populated sapians..

The first part is true, almost all non sub Saharan Africans have a little bit Neanderthal DNA. The second part (Neanderthals got assimilated) is an interesting idea, but I'm not a population geneticist so I can't say, but it seems unlikely. I've only read about a short period of interbreeding (there have been 2 or 3 articles on this now) but nothing about assimilation..

Assimilation...hybrid...there are people with neandertal genes in them...especially in southern france.
I could source it, but I am being lazy and just started a very important thread (zombie games) so going to monitor that...however, do the google thing and you will see it also.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

(Sshhhh...i know...but i don't think RG noticed it, i was after his take on it)

Ta anyway!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You say you're brutally against "War".

Then what would your tactic have been in regards to Hitler? further appeasement? .....as his brutal takeover of Europe continues?

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yea one of the things I've got to ask if those genes were present in homo erectus, the common ancestor of us and them. Because I still haven't found data on that. How can we be sure that those genes are neanderthal genes from hybridization if we do not know for sure that the genes were in our common ancestor?

link   
ye olde firefox de double post.
edit on 30/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

link   

Then what would your tactic have been in regards to Hitler? further appeasement? .....as his brutal takeover of Europe continues?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Yea one of the things I've got to ask if those genes were present in homo erectus, the common ancestor of us and them. Because I still haven't found data on that. How can we be sure that those genes are neanderthal genes from hybridization if we do not know for sure that the genes were in our common ancestor?

Those genes were not in our common ancestor because they're not in sub Saharan Africans.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by spikey

psssst...

Over here...

nahhh, some races were brought thru the gate during this event:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Homo Erectus is sort of an ancestor, however, they are closer to a cousin than a direct line ancestor...Alternatively, it may account for the asian race alone...erectus is a interesting species to study considering there is still debate as to how important that step is to the species as a whole, or in part...
It really depends on if Homo Erectus were indeed Homo Ergaster's overall. don't know, but its a interesting debate.
But as far as breeding with neandertals, no...the two are seperated by like a million+ years of evolution and erectus was gone well before neandertals started stomping around.

I quite like this visual representation on the subject, good enough to get an idea
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bda8bdf79a9e.png[/atsimg]

But anyhow, this is an area I still have a childlike understanding, so I may be wrong. (I read they died out almost a million years ago, and neandertals started around 700k years ago, so likely they never met...also different geographical areas to consider.)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by spikey

psssst...

Over here...

nahhh, some races were brought thru the gate during this event:

Unfortunately you keep adding total crap, but the crap you add is truely awesome crap nonetheless...so sort of mixed feelings about your posts. Keep it up anyhow, at least it makes me smile while shaking my head

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bda8bdf79a9e.png[/atsimg]

Very much appreciate that visual representation. Thanks.
edit on 30/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget

I would have stepped in and given him a bloody art degree...this whole thing was because he wanted to be a painter but never got the props he wanted.
Art degree, he would have stepped down, said sorry, and become a critic...see. problem solved

(ahh if only)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Apparently, or so i've heard (LOL)....his art was critiqued by a Jewish person, looks as though he didn't take very kindly to that.
edit on 30/8/2011 by NeverForget because: grammar/formatting.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join