It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by SaturnFX

That's the point evolutionists are constantly changing there mind's, one minute its an ape, the next its a dolphin... whilst a creationist except's the fact of the accounts of Genesis and has no need to look for alternatives, why would there be a need too if we believe the bible as being God's inspired word?
edit on 30-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

So no matter how demonstrably wrong, you believe being static and just accepting some dogma without question is better than rationality and logic?

I have to say, you're doing a great job at ignoring every single post that disproves your preaching. The "no cultures before 3000BC" remark, complete nonsense, demonstrably wrong...but you simply ignore that. People surviving in whales, also demonstrably wrong...and you ignore that FACT as well.

It's called BLIND belief for a reason I guess

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by SLAYER69

Define "Agnostic"

Nope.

Sorry. I believe you're a bit swifter than that.
I'll use whatever definition YOU choose and I'll work a reply from that that will logically make sense.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

if you take it literally, word for word, you would also have to accept that he's in the belly of hell. unless hell is in a great fish's belly.

hey did you know the book of job is a song?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

But you have not demonstrated it to be wrong, your radiometric dating method's are simply inaccurate and your world view stop's you from using real science, starting from a point of having no bias towards secularism or creationism would be a good start.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Are you trying to tell me the story of Jonah being swallowed by a big fish/whale is impossible? Because i can disprove that right now if you wish.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Like I said, I wouldn't judge a man's character for one wrong deed, how ever selfish it was.

You may not but the OT god would have. Just look at the Pentateuch. I can give you dozens of scripture that shows that god does indeed judge people on one bad deed. But he was OK with this? Doesn't sound right to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Are you trying to tell me the story of Jonah being swallowed by a big fish/whale is impossible? Because i can disprove that right now if you wish.

nope, i believe he was shunted into a great abyss, a great abyssos. i think it was a misunderstanding on the part of translators, not on the part of the original author

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
No, what I'm saying is that you can look at any location of the human genome and you'll find homology to other animals. If there was some alien DNA there, then surely it would show no homology to any other animals (it's supposed to be something the aliens put into us only, right). So anyways, feel free to tell me which chromosome(s) and which exact loci have these alien DNA sequences. I promise to report back.. Hell, we can even coauthor a paper and share a nobel prize. All we need is the loci.. counting on your to deliver.
edit on 30-8-2011 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

You're only looking at a fraction of the DNA sequences that humans have been able to understand the functions of and can compare to known terrestrial DNA sequences. I'm guessing somewhere within the other 97% of our DNA is where you'll find the ET influence.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It says he was swallowed by a fish, and was in the belly of it for 3 nights, what's the misunderstanding about that? Are you trying to say that never happened? Why people always try and complicate the word of God by using their own imagination is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Maybe lot had knew already that his daughter was corrupted ? Because they did conspire to get him drunk and sleep with him (and they did)! That don’t sound like innocent little virgins to me.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Sippy Cup because: removed "already"

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

As I have stated time and again, there is at most a 0.1% difference in isotope decay depending on the season. This would not turn 6,000 years into 4.54 billion. At most it would turn 4 billion into 4.54 billion. However, not even the original research team can replicate these findings. Then again isotopes and isotope decay are mentioned nowhere in the Bible so they don't exist in the first place, so this whole discussion is moot.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

It says he was swallowed by a fish, and was in the belly of it for 3 nights, what's the misunderstanding about that? Are you trying to say that never happened? Why people always try and complicate the word of God by using their own imagination is beyond me.

stop changing the subject. lol

the translation is wrong, not the original text, but the translation. he wasn't put into a great fish, he was put in a great abyss. the abyss is the bottomless pit, which is likened to hell and the lake of fire. that's why the text says he prayed from the belly of hell. question is, where's the belly of hell ?
not in a fish.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, i quite assure you i meant it as a compliment to you, i was not trying to be cute or sarcastic.

In my opinion you are arguing points with some people who take the bible 100% literally. I don't and again I shouldn't have to answer for THEIR beliefs. I don't push my beliefs on others and I hate it when others try to push theirs on me.

Then i unreservedly apologise, i was labouring under the misapprehension that you were a among the folk who take the bible literally, sorry, my mistake.

It was the omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient thing you believe in that threw me.

Cheers for clearing it up.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What? Darwin was a mason!

I never trusted his theory anyway.
If we evolved from apes, why do we still have (un-evolved) apes many thousands of years later.
Neanderthalers were considered 'missing links' to supprt this theory, but there have been older skulls found which were more evolved. Another interpretation of Neanderthalers is that they were a small enclave, cut off from the outside world, & quickly 'devolved' through constant inbreeding, as indeed still happens in some areas today
OK i'm not in the least religious, but i will respect another's views.
I believe in 'the force' or something like it....
I agree with other posters that the question of ET dna experiments or species transplanting should have been included. I have a feeling that we do not come from earth, we have no 'bond' with this planet.
The Masons admire Venus a lot, though...........just saying

link   

Originally posted by avatar01
Perhaps you don't understand how genetic engineering works. In fact I guarantee you don't because nobody does. It is beyond human understanding. At least for now.

Please. Genetic engineering happens even in the most basic microbiology lab courses. It's not difficult at all. We can insert/delete whatever we want from any genome (and in case of insertiona get it expressed as well). Designing new pathways and proteins (already happening) is the next front..

link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

But you have not demonstrated it to be wrong, your radiometric dating method's are simply inaccurate and your world view stop's you from using real science, starting from a point of having no bias towards secularism or creationism would be a good start.

I've posted links that DEMONSTRATE why you are wrong.

As for radiometric dating, the margin of error is +/- 1%. If you know anything about quantitative methods, you'd know that most people would kill for that kind of margin of error, especially in economics.

To put this into perspective, we know the earth is 4.54b years old...plus/minus 1%. Either way, your 3000BC theory is utter nonsense and demonstrably wrong.

Source

But let me guess, you're just going to ignore these facts like all the other stuff that debunks your claims...

link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Man, whom the evolutionists claim to have come into existence over a million years ago, is said to have "stopped evolving" 100,000 years ago. Why then do we not have at least 100,000 years of civilizations, cities, and human remains?

Evolutionary estimates of the age of the earth have constantly changed and lengthened with the passing of time. (It currently stands at 5 billion years.) But the scientific evidence remains constant and, as new authentic evidence emerges, it only fastens down the dates even more firmly. It all points to a beginning for our planet, about 6,000 years ago. Some may see it as 7,000 to 10,000 years, but the evidence points most distinctly toward a date of about 4000 B.C. for the origin of our planet. The evidence for a recent earth is scientifically solid.

The earliest man is said, by the evolutionists, to have existed one or two million years old. Yet, they add quite emphatically, that he "stopped evolving" about 100,000 years ago.

Why then do we not have 100,000 years of civilizations, cities, and remains of all kinds? But we do not. The reason is the Bible is right and the evolutionists are wrong.

The God of heaven created our world about 6,000 years ago. Then, about 2348 B.C., a gigantic Flood covered the earth. Keeping in mind that we are dealing with very ancient events, all the evidence can be reconciled with these figures.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

We're not trying to complicate things, we're just pointing out that this claim is beyond ridiculous. There's no way a human could survive inside a fish for 3 days, it's physically (size, etc.) and biologically (lack of air, etc.) IMPOSSIBLE.

But of course the story is true, because it's in the bible. And why is the bible correct? Because it contains the words of god. And how do we know those are the words of god? Because it says so in the bible.

And round and round it goes

link   

The account of Jonah, whether literally true or purely allegorical, is a foreshadowing of "the dark night of the soul" and the tomb of resurrection. Jesus referred to "the sign of Jonah" when predicting his fate, but hinted that there was something greater in store. It could also be thought of in terms of the cacoon of crysalis and transformation as something that the chosen cannot evade, what I call a "fated wedge".

To write it off on the basis that a man cannot survive inside the belly of a whale for three days, and assume that that's the end of the story, ignores the deeper esoteric meaning these stories were designed to evoke through exploration and inquiry.

I'm of the mind that some (not all) of these stories, as allegory, may indeed have played themselves out in reality, but that they nevertheless point to a deeper truth, meaning and significance.

link   

Originally posted by avatar01

Originally posted by rhinoceros
No, what I'm saying is that you can look at any location of the human genome and you'll find homology to other animals. If there was some alien DNA there, then surely it would show no homology to any other animals (it's supposed to be something the aliens put into us only, right). So anyways, feel free to tell me which chromosome(s) and which exact loci have these alien DNA sequences. I promise to report back.. Hell, we can even coauthor a paper and share a nobel prize. All we need is the loci.. counting on your to deliver.

You're only looking at a fraction of the DNA sequences that humans have been able to understand the functions of and can compare to known terrestrial DNA sequences. I'm guessing somewhere within the other 97% of our DNA is where you'll find the ET influence.

No, I'm looking at the complete human genome, not just the proteome. Previously you said there was evidence for alien DNA. Why can't you now tell me where it's exactly?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join