It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You blaspheme!

God spoke His Word in Hebrew and Greek!

The King James Version is only a translation!

Fire and brimstone shall be upon ye! Also the vials of His wrath! Also parking tickets!

link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I hope you realize that a charriot could fall off in a storm without the boat actually sinking...again, a LOT more plausible than your magic hypothesis. Hell, we know it's happened before. Also, underwater, there's something called CURRENTS. So if something sinks, it doesn't necessarily stay at the same spot for thousands of years.

Actually there are no currents in the dead sea, ever wondered why its called "The Dead Sea"..

Keep looking for the most complicated explanation though that's all you atheist's can do because your full of crap.

The most simple answer is usually the correct answer, and in this case those chariots wheels were found right near the place the event was said to have taken place, whats the chance of that happening like 1 in a million.
edit on 30-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

So a guy parting the sea is more plausible than a chariot going over board in a storm...riiiight, makes total sense

Oh, and by the way, your claim that there's no currents in the Dead Sea...or that it's named that way because of a lack of currents...is complete and utter nonsense, just like pretty much every statement you've made so far.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa025ed369c5.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 30-8-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by avatar01
How about "humans are a product of hybridization between indigenous ape-man creatures and extra-terrestrial DNA"

How come that's not an option?

If this is what you want to believe. The thing is thou, that genetics absolutely 100% falsifies it.
edit on 30-8-2011 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

Really?

Please elaborate.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

reply to post by intrepid

What do you want me to address? The only correctly inspired bible is that of the king james version, it uses the greek textus receptus instead of the corrupted nestle text most modern bibles today used.

OK, let's look at the KJV then:

In January 1604, King James I of England convened the Hampton Court Conference where a new English version was conceived in response to the perceived problems of the earlier translations as detected by the Puritans, a faction within the Church of England.

James gave the translators instructions intended to guarantee that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology and reflect the episcopal structure of the Church of England and its beliefs about an ordained clergy.

en.wikipedia.org...

That says 2 things to me. 1- previous renderings were considered wrong. 2- influence by the King to have this version conform to the CoE, rather than the other way around.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It's called the Dead Sea because of its high salinity. It prevents much life from growing in or near it. It also makes it so swimming in it is like floating. It has currents just like every other sea in the world. Also, the Bible did not say that the location where the wheels were found were where it happened. It gives some landmarks and Wyatt was able to match up a couple of these. That's it. Wyatt wasn't even able to match up most of the landmarks, only a few.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I figured more people would lean towards creation.
hmmm.
I'll pray for the world today.

ATSers are not religious loonies who believe in made up stories created by organized religion so they could make a buck and get power.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

And you believe we came from monkeys? lol
Maybe you did?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

How about "humans are a product of hybridization between indigenous ape-man creatures and extra-terrestrial DNA"

If this is what you want to believe. The thing is thou, that genetics absolutely 100% falsifies it.

Really?

Please elaborate.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

edit.

Ok, I elaborate slightly more. They've got this tool called BLAST (Basic Local Alignment Search Tool). For the extraterrestrial hypothesis to be true, you'd expect that BLASTing some regions of the human genome against the database would yield no results (no homology to other animals). However, we get results. Thus, no alien DNA.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It was the dark ages. I am actually looking at other translations as I go on.

It really doesn't change that much across translations. And discoveries of original Greek and Hebrew texts have proven this. Most of the changing in words were because English has a huge freaking amount of words far better at portraying context than Hebrew, which context was dependent on culture and elders. Two things lost when Rome, you know, utterly annihilated their civilization :/

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Would be interesting to see this broken down along political ideology. I fear a party where religious ideology is the base for their decisions coming into power, anywhere. For it to happen here would be a disaster for everyone. It seems the declaration against religion in government is a lesson that has been forgotten by too many, and those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat it.

I wonder what the results would be if this type of poll were taken nationwide. They would propably vary geographicaly, but I think more people are realizing the fallacies inherent in any religion.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TexasTea

Not Monkeys. Creatures that share a common ancestor to us. The neanderthal dna in you right now proves that.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Keep looking for the most complicated explanation though that's all you atheist's
can do because your full of crap...

Its not in a Christians nature to want to write hateful or derogatory things about others...

Now I'm confused...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

By saying you believe in evolution its clear you do not really believe in God at all.

Wait, believe in God or believe in the biblical religious story?

You realize there are plenty of concepts about God, not just the mudman/ribwoman creator. There have been many creation stories by various deity worshipping cults and religions.

Is God required to do things according to you, or can it be something you do not have full knowlede of...hell, Cronos may be the actual god and the earth was created through that story

You are suggesting that by dismissing a religion, your also dismissing god...do you believe that? really? if you dismiss christianity's (or judism/muslim) version of events, you also dismiss a deity?

Interesting. all or nothing I guess...but even you have said some of the stories in the bible aren't literal...so, I guess you specifically know the truth and all whom are not you fall short...and therefore do not believe in a god.

I love the ego. Are you sure you are not God yourself? You seem quite sure of yourself and your judgements of others.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by TexasTea

Not Monkeys. Creatures that share a common ancestor to us. The neanderthal dna in you right now proves that.

Don't try to derail this thread with FACTS,

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Really?

Please elaborate.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I ask you to elaborate and you post a link to a website? How about a summary of your argument?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sure thing boss. lol

God help them if they knew facts.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The only part of the bible that says it's ok to kill is with regards to the inhabitants of Canaan, which history has proven were pirates, rapists, and criminals.

Perhaps the Canaanites were full of Pirates, rapists and criminals, but their children and babies were not..were they Gorman?

Yet the bible says that god specifically told the Jews to slaughter every living thing...from Joshua 6:17

'The city and and everything in it must be completely destroyed as an offering to the Lord. Only Rahab the prostitute and the others in her house will be spared, for she protected our spies.'

And verse 21:

'They completely destroyed everything in it - men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep, donkeys - everything.'

So..God not only demanded human sacrifice of innocent men, women and children, which is ironic in itself, as one of the stated reasons to wipe them out in the first place was because they said to practice child sacrifice to their deity Baal...however, A prostitute and presumably her family were instructed by god to be spared because she was a liar and a traitor to her own people having acted as a spy...and why does an all powerful god require human 'spies' i wonder?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Anyhow to summerise

Seems agnosticism is ultimately the flavor of ATS...a leaning towards atheism

Of course, as in any group, the minority fringe are also the loudest...giving the appearance that at times ATS is either violently religious, or a black hole of any and all speculation...

But the typical lurker is generally skeptical about claims and such...I think this is a good thing. Makes me want to present the most reasonable argument for a subject no matter how crazy the other side is going...because the quiet lurkers are the ones being swayed by quality conversation over who makes the loudest noise.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

i think you have your sea's mixed up, didn't Moses part the red sea?
and Jesus went for a walk on the dead sea?
edit on 30-8-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I can see the logic in evolution... although I don't understand all it's meanderings
and dead-ends, I can see how a being that knows my past, present and future
-can create little me and hold sway over an entire universe... and I can see how
the freedom of choice can be given to the human race by a deity that loves them
like a Father.
Or maybe even this freedom of choice was generated by a creature that strives
to be 'top-dog' on his planet, a creature that realised that standing on it's two legs
was a grand idea and that using sticks and stones to fend off carnivores was a smart
move.
Maybe it's a combination of these ideas... or maybe it's not... isn't a great time to be
a human?!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

I can do that for you mate.

There is not one thing unusual in human DNA that suggests it is anything remotely altered by foreign hands.

For example, the human brain kept evolving after the human body, suggesting a move of mental competition versus physical.

I'm also looking into the concept of linear thought versus exponential thought. Humans think exponentially. Animals think linearly. The onset of this ability is not that complex and, indeed, could have been caused by a single rouge protein.

A rouge Protein is called a prion. And everything you want to believe in aliens, could easily have been caused by a prion.

A prion is a very strange thing. It's not a virus, but it acts like it. In the modern era, it could be used to wipe out entire cultural groups. because prions are not able to be passed through just any bodily fluid like STDs, nor are they contagious. They affect individuals alone. For this reason, someone could easily infect, say, Jewish foods with prions, and kill all the Jews, or even a prion in, say water, and kill an entire community. More difficult though than with food.

What is it about a prion that proves it is not aliens? The fact that it is more easily transmutable through related species. Indeed, a beneficial prion in neanderthals or homo erctus, in a mistaken case of cannibalism, could have given us exponential thinking.

Here is a video of Kuru, a prion-based disease. It's the bad kind of prion.

edit on 30-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join