It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
The part with creators could be true only explained in Ancient Astronaut theory. There is some evidence that we did not evolve from those primitive animals at least not directly, without help. The link that I posted isn't talking about aliens at all, it adds errors in the DNA - mutations and viruses as a reason to become what we are. Still Darwin's theory can shut up.

And that is the only case 'creators' could be true, some other civilization, human or non-human that decided to call themselves Gods or creators and played God.

Religion fails here, as they take all literally ignoring the event of misinterpretation.

Anyway my opinion is, mixture of evolution, genetic engineering and mutations. Why not? All taken together?

And why I think there is some other civilization similar to us to make us what we are today - do you think that from UGLY ASTRALOPHITECUS or UGLY APES our fur would fall, we would become beatiful? Because through mutation or evolution turning into somethign beatiful HELLO?

We are beatiful that's right, compared to Greys, reptilians, animals we look beatiful? We look perfect. Can mutation and evolution perfect us so well? I think NOT. Thus the idea that we may be a separate species, partially, coming from someone else.

Give me a reason HOW evolution can make us so perfect in look, so clean and beatiful, so thinking compared to animals? I don't think so. Thus Ancient Aliens theory where ALIENS could be wrong and be simply another civilization - is the most plausible answer.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

Quite possible, and *if* it was how things went, would certainly have been at least one of the origins of superstition, fear and myth (leading to organised superstition or AKA religion) of primitive or ancient humans.

Th movie 'Planet of the Apes' is pretty much an allegorical account of this theory, as seen from the perspective of a technologically advanced and intelligent species, us or humanity (being the ET's) creating the genetically engineered, intelligent Apes (being Humanity or us) in it's own 'image' to be used as a workforce or slave sub species.

Things get out of hand inevitably, and humanity (the Apes) incur 'God's' displeasure and wrath, who ultimately decides the breeding / slave program has gotten out of hand, and chooses to avoid the danger posed by their creation to themselves..but they realise too late, that not only are the Apes (Humanity) given a modest bump in intellectual ability to enable them to be reliable workers for 'God' (ET's), but they are now actually their intellectual equal or even superiors.

Ultimately, we know the outcome of the movie...the Apes (humans) usurp and overthrow their gods, and form a world populated with intelligent Apes, and revise and conceal any historical evidence of the race of ET's (or present day technological humanity IOW) being their progenitors or creators, and instead contrive their own religious belief systems and deity.

It's classic intervention / Ancient Astronaut theory...and in my view a plausible theory, although by no means certain.

Interesting nonetheless.

As for Apes being ugly, and Humanity being beautiful...it depends on whether or not you're looking at it as an Ape or Human really!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by undo

Few things

1) What is the heavenly host (host of heaven). This is one of those debates actually due to poor understanding of linguistics..some say it means stars, some say it is a army of ufos...

2) Stars don't necessarily mean stars...it translates to shining, and angels also fit the descriptions of shining ones...a ufo would also fit that description btw.

The passage you bring up is muddled in confusion more than anything...you got two things working against itself, first off, linguistic issues not really being clear of what they are describing...and again, cavemen trying to explain something far outside of their common understanding.

If you take it to celestial bodies, then yes, the case of black holes and such could be made, but what if they are discussing not stars, but simply ufo's, or something of the like...suddenly you are back to square one.

Check this out, you may find it interesting:
About the host of heaven

oh i think it is ufos, but that's a different story. this is also an ufo
and it appears to be coming out of a wormhole, "the heavens were opened"

figure the artistic depiction in the video is not quite right.
but the description is interesting.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yep here's some proof of chariot wheels found in the Red Sea indicating the miraculous Hebrew Exodus crossing of the Red Sea is real.

Here's another:

That's just one example of the many archaeological evidence that backs up the biblical accounts.

Far from just preaching brother.
edit on 30-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Very interesting. I was away when the poll was taken - from the rheotoric I was expecting more pure-fundie-creationists.

I like the last question. I'm glad it was included. It is about where I am.

I sometimes wonder about the idea that One could create the universe, and then expand time in mulitple directions. Like an infinite quantum device, computating all the possibilities and then only keeping the most useful ones. To drive the possibilities, subsequent events are calculated into "the past."

I admit to be fascinated with the concept behind Ouroboros.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981
reply to post by john_bmth

Whats logical about Aliens we have no physical proof of?

Though there is no smoking gun proof, there is mountains upon mountains of evidence that, if weighed in a court of law, would almost certainly lead to a guilty verdict just due to overwhelming amounts of accounts, some strange materials not yet fully identified, videos that are undebunkable, etc.

But more importantly...aliens are not special...or, they are about as special as meeting a different tribe on earth. They are natural beings with a past, a origin, etc...the are simply people that sprung up somewhere else. This is not some wild leap in logic, this is evident by a mirror or any sense really that confirms life exists in the universe (start with the one planet we know about...here)

Its logical to be fairly sure there must be other life out there with todays knowledge of how life begins...it is not a leap to consider methods of travel that could make the whole distance issue a non factor...even today we have concepts and hypothesis's that overcome this.

If I say I seen a tomato in the amazon that had a yellow meat to it when it was fully ripe, it may be a story of interest, but it is not considered some wildly illogical nonsense that simply cannot be. We have understanding of various types of tomatos and its not absurd to think a new evolution elsewhere happened we have yet to bag and tag.

point being, deitys and aliens are apples and automobiles.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

This is the paradox of religion in our times.

Everyday we teach our children that there are no monsters. We tell our children a whole host of entities and beliefs are "myth". Yet those same parents will take their children to a church to learn a whole new host of scenarios that cannot possibly be true. Humans won't live inside a fish or a whale, its plainly not true but to question these things means that the whole kit and kabootle is suspect and that means having to seek the truth and to many people just want to be told what is true without having to do the work themselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I'm sure it just a simple oversight but would you address this please?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

And I already told you, evolution is not absolute truth. It is what we know from the data that God has left for us to see.

Let us say all society burned, and a post-apocalyptic survivor, by God's grace, found the bible, learned it, and lived it. Now let's say God also allowed fossils to survive, which he clearly did considering we found them here. What if this society came to believe those fossils were millions of years old?

It's God's grace that he lets us find such things, and if he didn't want us to think that way, he wouldn't make it so dang obvious.

I tell you this, the same perplexity I have at atheists not thinking Christ existed, is the same perplexity that I view you in thinking Evolution is impossible because the Bible does not mention it, and now you go on to say North America too?

My good sir, you are not a Christian. You are a Solipsist. Renounce your false ways, least they keep you on such a deceitful path of destruction and division.

link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Thanks for replying. That was my point. Thats why I said '' Thats all the logic I need ''. Because everything that we choose to believe, the biggest of the biggest, lies the hardest mystery.

UFO's it's always the same pictures and videos, Ghosts it is always the same thing, Cryptozoology, you get the picture.

You made my point, some of the ones that call us out as crazy, I have seen post crazy things. Why attack or label if you do not have the answers either?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Just out of curiosity, who is this "we" you constantly referred to in that post? You got a mouse in your pocket?
reply to post by nenothtu

i dunno why we people tend to use we when referring to things that other people agree with.
but we do. when a person who believes science is the ultimate in truth confronts a person who thinks god is ultimate truth, they both end up saying we. the person for science says we to include his fellows who agree with a mainstream approach on the topic and the person for god says we to include his fellows who agree with a mainstream approach on the topic. political debate is the same. it's we we we all the way home

levity, we need some.

I starred that post. You may have kept my head from exploding, or at least prevented an aneurism!

I reckon it's just me. If I have something to say, I stand right up and say it, and don't expect the safety of numbers. I'm not presumptuous enough to speak for my fellows - they may differ from me in opinion of some particulars.

I figure that if the rest of my we has anything to say, they'll say it themselves.

My better half never had any problem speaking for herself - forcefully! We were a we, oui?

Weeee!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

How is that evidence???

You do realize chariots were transported BY BOAT all the time. And guess what, storm sunk ships back then...including ships with chariots on them. That's a much more logical explanation for the wheel than some magical creature "parting the sea". Why? Well, mostly because we've observed it happen in the past. We know for a FACT it happened.

So you would have to prove that this wheel ended up there because the sea were parted.

Somewhere in the Atlantic, there's a chess set deep down. But that doesn't mean someone parted the sea and whoever walked the route dropped a chess set...it means the Titanic sank and one of the things going over board was a chess set.

It's called LOGIC

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
According to the polls were all monkeys.
Its a shame i.thought people on ats deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

What do you want me to address? The only correctly inspired bible is that of the king james version, it uses the greek textus receptus instead of the corrupted nestle text most modern bibles today used.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This report comes from Robert Wyatt who has also claimed to have discovered Noah's ark, the Ark of the Covenant, Sodom And Gomorrah, the Tower of Babel, the true site of Mt. Sinai, the true site of the crucifixion of Jesus, and the Ten Commandments. Wyatt claims to have recovered a wheel and had it tested by an Egyptian authority. To date no Egyptian authority has come forward to confirm Wyatt's claims and the wheel has not been seen since. Furthermore, following Wyatt's claims many people began diving in the same area and they too believed they had found chariot wheels. It turns out all of these claims were coral. Even Wyatt's own wife, who dived with Wyatt, states that the coral makes it look like there are chariot wheels all over the seabed.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
science wins again! This proves ATS is the place to learn and exchange knowledge.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yeah I get all that, but again out of your entire reply your opening sentence wrapped it up. The smoking gun is main factor of proof.

All I am saying is I think neutral opinion with facts should be used when labeling believers. Both have no smoking gun, both require faith into what others have found and tell you about.

I mean does anyone here actually have some physical proof right now in their possesion that is 100% Alien?

Thats all im saying, I get all the logicals and everything else that has a ogical on it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Believer101

Desiring the removal of anything as influential as Christianity is simply ignorant. I would no more desire it's removal as Islam nor any thing else. It's done things for us. Weather you like that or not, well suck it up, we're the better a species because of it. Sure I'd like them to convert, but I would never grab a time machine and remove it from existence.

Influential? Really? The only thing Christianity influences is ignorant, hateful, spiteful people who think they're better than everyone else. We're a better species because of Christianity? You have GOT to be joking. Considering Christians are the most hateful people out there, who will KILL someone for being different, not believing in your precious "god", or for even being homosexual, NO. We are NOT a better species because of Christianity. We're a better species because more people are starting to wake up and see the truth in you people.

I agree with you to a point mate, but let's not just limit this to 'Christians'.

Of the myriad organised religions practised, the same intolerance and persecution of their fellow human beings is evident.

The Muslims are the same on many issues regarding gender, sexual orientation, killing the infidel and so on.

The Jews don't come off any better either.

Don't really know enough about Hindu's or Sikh's to comment, or Buddhists for that matter, but i'm willing to bet there is some nasties in each of them somewhere.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I'm sure it just a simple oversight but would you address this please?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

While he's at it, I'm also interested why ignores the fact that his whale hypothesis has been proven wrong, or his stance on evolution has been also proven to be nonsense, and lastly why he ignores all the cultures who lived before 3000BC.

He accused others of keeping their heads in sand, yet he does exactly that himself.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

How is that evidence???

You do realize chariots were transported BY BOAT all the time. And guess what, storm sunk ships back then...including ships with chariots on them. That's a much more logical explanation for the wheel than some magical creature "parting the sea". Why? Well, mostly because we've observed it happen in the past. We know for a FACT it happened.

So you would have to prove that this wheel ended up there because the sea were parted.

Somewhere in the Atlantic, there's a chess set deep down. But that doesn't mean someone parted the sea and whoever walked the route dropped a chess set...it means the Titanic sank and one of the things going over board was a chess set.

It's called LOGIC

That's funny, basically no amount evidence provided to you will convince you otherwise " because ive already got my mind made up - the atheist creddo".

Where on earth is this ship wrecked BOAT then, that you claim were transporting chariots across the dead sea??? Do you see how desperate you look.

edit on 30-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Those images certainly look like wheels of some sort of carriage, but can
you be sure the sunken wheels are from the armies that chased Moses and
his entourage across the exposed sea bed?

I think a little research into where they came from -should be in order, I mean
it wouldn't do just to take it on blind faith of the website you obtained the images
from.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join