It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Where's the mention of plate tectonics in the Bible? Or what about germs? There are a multitude of scientific facts that the Bible doesn't mention. Does that mean you don't believe in these things either?

i keep butting in, sorry but i.can't.help.myself! lol
i think this guy is more accurate regarding plate tectonics, than the mainstream

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Did you completely block out my earlier post where I linked you to a vast number of transitional fossils, both for hominids and vertebrates in general? Just in case I'll post them again.

Transitional Vertebrate Fossils
Fossil Hominids - The Evidence for Human Evolution
edit on 30-8-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Read the bible maybe you will know.

I've read the bible many times over and I still don't know.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Cute, do you think that kind of talk is going to help sway people into believing the hoax of evolution?

Or is it just going to make you look rather infantile and arrogant?

Perhaps it would be better if you thought before you spoke.

I think it is much more credible to believe something from The 5th century BC that hasn't changed, then it is to believe some freemason eugencist who came up with a crack pot theory in 1859, of which has never been proven after more than 150 years of scientists trying to find the missing link and not even 1 credible transitional fossil.
edit on 30-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

The bible has actually changed many times since it was first written by man.

Evolution changes as new discoveries are made.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Evolution is not science because it is not observable or testable, its a belief system and i would go as far as even calling darwnism a religion. The theory of evolution is flawed, but scientists won't admit it, there are huge gaps in the fossil record. Evolultion is a theory in crisis and is collapsing as scientists lose confidence in it many scientists are now switching to creation since it makes alot more sense, to believe in Evolution all common sense flys out the window. We all came from amoeba's? haha that crackpot theory is insane i don't understand how anyone could believe such deceptive lies.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

Actually the Gospals of the new testament haven't changed at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

And when were they compiled? Let's just go with the obvious ones, the KJV and the Catholic Douay.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Are you really replying to me? Your questions seem to be directed at someone else.

link   

reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Maybe if you had actually listened and talked with them instead of trying to dictate to them who was evil and who wasn't then maybe you would have got some where.

You have an immediate misconception that an atheist would try to dictate the concept of Good and Evil. There is no real Good and Evil there are choices some good, some bad, some terrible. Good and Evil are fairy tale words from books, including the greatest piece of fiction in the world the Bible.

I also think it was wrong for you to mix theistic evolution in with the last question of your pole, which was obviously intended to make some question there faith.

It probably was and is it not healthy to question your faith? Blindly following the word of a book written (in terms of the age of the universe) a few days ago is no different from the brainwashing provided to us by other faiths and religions. It is after all just that... a book.

I am not Hardened to those who feel "no solace" in the teaching of Jesus Christ, we are simply aware that they are wrong, and are heading for eternal damnation unless they accept Jesus as there lord and savoir, which many men are unable to do because they are unable to swallow their pride and put someone else above them.

Prove it.. wait what's that? you can't?

Lets be honest, the only hateful messages i see on these forums are from atheists. Its not in a Christians nature to want to write hateful or derogatory things about others but that seems to be all the atheist crowd does, and ive witnessed it on many forums not just this one, and even if i didn't believe in God i would hate to ever be associated with that group of people.

Yet it appears to be in the Christians nature to patronise every person who does not believe in their version of a questionable moral handbook. The very definition of Faith is a strong or unshakeable belief in something, especially without proof or evidence. Yet you feel the need to subject to your version of hateful and derogatary terms by "condemning us all to hell". It's a no win situation for the both of us, like trying to get blood out of a stone (which Jesus probably did at some point lol).

link   

The original bible didn't fit certain peoples ideas so they wrote the new testament?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I don't know if they will release the data if you're not staff, but SPSS would be perfect for the endeavor.

If they do, then you could build a really awesome thread out of this.

For instance, it could give us better ideas if those who believe in a supernatural creator (Ex.: God) also believe in evolution, and big-bang theories, etc. as well. You can speculate a bit with the descriptives, but multivariate analysis pins things down a bit more.

BTW, I see you are in VA; I'm in NOVA....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

reply to post by mblahnikluver

Read the bible maybe you will know.

I've read the bible many times over and I still don't know.

Maybe this will help you out:

Its scientific evidence that the earth was created 6,000 years ago in 6 24 hour days.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The last question, and its results, was the most interesting. I was honestly surprised at the high percentage that agreed with it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So, what would you consider observed evidence of evolution? How about...

Observed Instances of Speciation
Some More Observed Speciation Events

link   

Its scientific evidence that the earth was created 6,000 years ago in 6 24 hour days.

No, I didn't watch that as I KNOW the Earth is older than that. Hell, recorded history goes back further than that.

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by GmoS719

I figured more people would lean towards creation.
hmmm.
I'll pray for the world today.

ATSers are not religious loonies who believe in made up stories created by organized religion so they could make a buck and get power.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Quoted for truth.

The Vatican is and has always been run similar to how a mafia would be run. The only difference is a religious perspective, but ultimately everyone must pay homage to "The God Father".

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Maybe if you had actually listened and talked with them instead of trying to dictate to them who was evil and who wasn't then maybe you would have got some where.

AHEM!... I just don't have words if you can't see the irony dripping from that...

As site owner i really don't mind what you believe whether that be aliens, evolution and whatever else that's your choice, fantasy is exciting i know, but i find it telling that you choose to reply to me though out of all people and stand up to defend the atheistic faith, atleast we know where you stand now, but i bet your glad this forum is mostly full of atheists i wouldn't be surprised if you start to remove religion altogether from the forum considering the bias your showing.

Where did he say that he was an atheist?

I also think it was wrong for you to mix theistic evolution in with the last question of your pole, which was obviously intended to make some question there faith.

It didn't make me question mine, not in the slightest. Seems like a faith that question could shake would be built on a pretty shaky foundation to begin with.

I find it interesting that you said this:

Lets be honest, the only hateful messages i see on these forums are from atheists.

right after you said this:

we are simply aware that they are wrong, and are heading for eternal damnation

Probably won't win many converts by starting out alienating them... but you don't really care about converts, do you?

Pro tip: stay AWAY from the mission field.... just back away slowly...

Just out of curiosity, who is this "we" you constantly referred to in that post? You got a mouse in your pocket?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

That's also what I was thinking. Maybe also take out the responses from Guests so we can see just what ATS'ers think. BTW, I'm also in NOVA.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

The last question, and its results, was the most interesting. I was honestly surprised at the high percentage that agreed with it.

Oh I agree,

There is that word supernatural again, I think the main problem is defining God as supernatural, he is a creator he/creates, we are made in his image,

The ancient scribes and prophets were trying to understand the world around them, not unlike us, and I don't think we have learned much more than them.
www.casavaria.com...
edit on 103131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Just out of curiosity, who is this "we" you constantly referred to in that post? You got a mouse in your pocket?
reply to post by nenothtu

i dunno why we people tend to use we when referring to things that other people agree with.
but we do. when a person who believes science is the ultimate in truth confronts a person who thinks god is ultimate truth, they both end up saying we. the person for science says we to include his fellows who agree with a mainstream approach on the topic and the person for god says we to include his fellows who agree with a mainstream approach on the topic. political debate is the same. it's we we we all the way home

levity, we need some.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join