It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I don't understand why some people would choose to leave a forum because of a poll, I prefer being part of the minority, who wants to preach to the choir?

It seems to me either way you lose, if you close your mind to the endless possibilities.

The only poll necessary, which was extremely enlightening, was the one Slayer posted,
edit on 093131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 093131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
Based on these results, I come to the conclusion that only 16.9% of ATSers have an open mind

I'm not surprised.

Surprising isn't it when the majority of people here think we're being visited by intergaltic space warriors.

I guess the reason for this is because they believe these supposed aliens came to being through the evolutionary process also.
edit on 30-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I figured more people would lean towards creation.
hmmm.
I'll pray for the world today.

I suppose most are not thinking like a person from the 14th Century.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

well essentially, that's the best defintion in the bible (intergalactic space entities, that is).

heavenly father.
jesus goes up in a cloud to heaven.
the heavens open

i mean, are they currently terrestrial or heavenly? if they're not currently terrestrial they are EXTRA-terrestrial

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Forevever
Based on these results, I come to the conclusion that only 16.9% of ATSers have an open mind

I'm not surprised.

Surprising isn't it when the majority of people here think we're being visited by intergaltic space warriors.

I guess the reason for this is because they believe these supposed aliens came to being through the evolutionary process also.

You still haven't answered the questions asked about ethnicity. How did that come about from Adam & Eve, please explain..

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Wisdom of the crowd has spoken

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
Wisdom of the crowd has spoken

that whole wisdom of the crowd thumbs up thingy changes when the crowd votes to do something like, take more of your money to support the poor.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think of ATS as an alternative forum, but its posters seem to have this,"it's my way or the highway." attitude.

Everyone should be willing to at least consider politely the opinions of others.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I already answered it, and the fact you believe something to be truthful that's not even written in scripture yet claim to be a Christian is absurd. Using the argument "North america is not written in scripture" so why you believe in it is a pathetic argument that has no merit. Personally ive never been there so i idk 100% it exists only from what ive been told. Genesis tells us of our origins and evolution is clearly not included, so believing it to be an absolute truth would be a grave mistake on your part. Continue believing the lies nenothtu tells you him and others can pm you all day about me for all i care, the very fact you take notice of what they say show's where your true intentions lay.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It seems to me that there's a fair deal of balance in viewpoints throughout the survey. That seems like a pretty encouraging result. It keeps the healthy debate alive and well; that's great for ATS

edit on 30-8-2011 by silentthought38 because: I'se gots me some bad grammar haha

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

well essentially, that's the best defintion in the bible (intergalactic space entities, that is).

heavenly father.
jesus goes up in a cloud to heaven.
the heavens open

i mean, are they currently terrestrial or heavenly? if they're not currently terrestrial they are EXTRA-terrestrial

Heavenly does not mean Extra-terrestrial... The heavens are not some place in the universe. its in another realm altogether, so they are really not space entities at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

If you believe God created all, then the revelations of evolution and cosmology should be a joy to you -- a wonderful revelation as to the brilliance of your deity and what has been created by who you worship. As to why you don't treat these discoveries as "the more we learn, the more we come closer to God," is one of the most confounding puzzles that rattles my brain.

This has often confounded me as well.

Indeed, when my unbelief falters, it is usually because of some breathtaking example of the wonders this unbelievably complex, unimaginably vast, frighteningly violent universe seems to spin off so effortlessly. You think, Somebody deserves to be praised and thanked for this.

Sadly, there are only too many people eager to tell you Whom to praise and thank. And it is usually a ghastly Brobdignagian version of themselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

i agree that there is a separate heaven, however, i also think you are nit picking. there are many examples referring to the sky heaven not the other dimensional heaven. and it is to this, i refer. technically speaking, if you aren't on the earth you are extra-terrestrial (that's what it means, dear heart)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by brintonwhite

Originally posted by GmoS719

I figured more people would lean towards creation.
hmmm.
I'll pray for the world today.

I suppose most are not thinking like a person from the 14th Century.

Cute, do you think that kind of talk is going to help sway people into believing the hoax of evolution?

Or is it just going to make you look rather infantile and arrogant?

Perhaps it would be better if you thought before you spoke.

I think it is much more credible to believe something from The 5th century BC that hasn't changed, then it is to believe some freemason eugencist who came up with a crack pot theory in 1859, of which has never been proven after more than 150 years of scientists trying to find the missing link and not even 1 credible transitional fossil.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inquisitive1

I took the survey, but responded to every question with the answer "Neutral". It's the only suitable answer when you don't know, and finding out is next to impossible.

That is exactly how I answered, because I really just don't know. Everything else is theory and I don't know which one I believe....I don't think we will ever know where we come from but I guess it's in our nature to seek out where we came from. All interesting theories but to me that is all they are.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Read the bible maybe you will know.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Where's the mention of plate tectonics in the Bible? Or what about germs? There are a multitude of scientific facts that the Bible doesn't mention. Does that mean you don't believe in these things either?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I think it is much more credible to believe something from The 5th century BC that hasn't changed, then it is to believe some freemason eugencist who came up with a crack pot theory in 1859, of which has never been proven after more than 150 years of scientists trying to find the missing link.

What do you mean, "not changed since the 5th century BC"? Back then people believed humans just popped up on earth in their current form...when in reality, we now know that's 100% demonstrably untrue. So yes, the message from back then hasn't changed, but that doesn't validate its content, especially if it's demonstrably wrong.

And your "not been proven in over 150 years" comment is laughable given that we actively USE the findings of the theory of evolution in modern medicine. We wouldn't have a lot of the meds we have today if the theory was wrong. Hell, we can even PREDICT outcomes based on the theory, which wouldn't be possible if it were wrong.

In short, the theory hasn't been proven wrong in over 150yrs and we're actively using it

Please go read a biology book or at least the basic wikileaks entry. There's nothing wrong with not knowing, but you're parading your ignorance and lack of knowledge as if it was something to cheer about.
edit on 30-8-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo

Originally posted by Ismail
Ok, die hard creationnists. Here's one for you.

Our species, today, on planet earth, comprises quite a few genetical ethnic backgrounds. I'll over simplify, just for kicks.

We have :

Black people

White (caucasian) people

Asian people

Native-american people

Semitic people

If I'm correct, that adds up to five. And I'm grossly oversimplifying.

How then do you get FIVE different ethnicities, when your genetic building material for the human species (no matter how perfect it is- I've heard that one before) originates from only TWO individuals ?

And here it is, your very own catch 22.

If you agree with this postulate, then the Adam and Eve fairytale falls apart.
If you motion against this postulate, then you're basically saying that genes don't exist (which would be fairely retarded given that we can CLONE things, and create GMO's).

The only way for you to come to terms with the 'fore-mentioned paradigm, (unless god created a whole bunch of other folks he did'nt tell you about), is by ACCEPTING that a GENETICAL EVOLUTION took place at some stage.

Which is actually hilariously IRONIC.

I refer to my above post "Can you explain how ethnicity came about then"

Well said though, and I am looking forward to you getting a peply

RevelationGeneration - Please reply!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

there are only too many people eager to tell you Whom to praise and thank.

As people reject the Biblical god, they just find other things to worship, what do we lack ?

Love, Humility, and forgiveness,

I too was raised a devout Christian, taught hell fire and damnation like the overlord,

Dear SO, when you speak of what you suffered because of Christianity, remember forgiveness,

You know the message, " father forgive them," As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

You speak of truth.
What is truth?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join