It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I was thinking of leaving ATS depending on the results of this survey, while it wasn't quite as good as I was hoping, it was much better than I was EXPECTING. I was expecting the place to be filled with religious nuts.

I will stay.
edit on 8/29/2011 by Josonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Expected... This proves nothing but how deceived a great deal of people are and i should think the one's who voted for evolution are also the one's who voted for extratestrial life in the other pole. I think we see a pattern emerging here. And ATS is supposed to be about "denying ignorence"

I was personally one of the minority that voted for young earth creation, since i believe fully in the biblical accounts of the bible, but i already knew there was a high majority of atheist's here so this poll only confirmed it for me.

What i find funny though is that people believe in aliens, but choose to deny our almighty God of Abraham Isaac Jacob.. these people claim the bible is just some "Fairy tale" without doing any kind of further investigation. They will be in for a big surprise when they find out that there hero Darwin was a 33rd degree freemason. Talk about hidden agenda's.

edit on 29-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

These results were slightly harder to predict than the other polls, but it's fairly close to what I was expecting. It seems to be missing a question though:

"The origins of human life on planet earth are the result of a combination of terrestrial dna and extraterrestrial dna, defined by the science of genetics, engineered by the Anunnaki thousands of years ago."

edit on 29-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling, and change "life" to "human life"

Yeah, i suspected 'Supernatural Entity' was used as a catch all, but it was leaning too far into a description for a traditional 'god' for me to choose it. Should have had an advanced ET option, as well as a transplanted species option i reckon.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by GmoS719

I figured more people would lean towards creation.
hmmm.
I'll pray for the world today.

ATSers are not religious loonies who believe in made up stories created by organized religion so they could make a buck and get power.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Nope. They are generally credulous loonies who believe in things like Reptilians, Illuminati, Comet Elenin disaster conspiracies, Nibiru, the Annunaki, anything any government agency does is part of a global conspiracy, pole shift scenarios, the stargate of aden, and bigfeet. OK, only a few REALLY loony ones believe in reptilians, but the rest of the stuff is pretty accurate.
Oh, and 99% support Ron Paul, which is good because he's awesome, but is also probably a bad sign for his election chances.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You're trying to tell us how to deny ignorance and you believe in the young earth theory? Interesting.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Ummm, I tend to use the scientific evidence as opposed to the fairytale version.

I can appreciate it gives some people comfort.

I guess answering Neutral to all questions adds balance to the survey. I'll hush my mouth. Peace!!
edit on 29/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inquisitive1

I took the survey, but responded to every question with the answer "Neutral". It's the only suitable answer when you don't know, and finding out is next to impossible.

The survey was about your beliefs, not what you know.

I believe there is no god, I acknowledge that it's impossible to know. I only answered neutral on one question.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

In deed i am, its actually incredible that so many people here who are supposed to be "Anti-illuminati" actually believe in the theory of a 33rd degree freemason.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I completed the survey but my opinion that the Universe has always existed and will continue to exist forever won't change. We may have evolved naturally on this planet, as the planet itself evolved naturally, but the universe has probably always been, the Big Bang was merely a step into another one of it's formations.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I also have to admit that my membership here really was going to be in jeopardy depending on the outcome of this survey.

Is there any chance of breaking this down into member / non member stats.

Cheers

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
I was personally one of the minority that voted for young earth creation, since i believe fully in the biblical accounts of the bible, but i already knew there was a high majority of atheist's here so this poll only confirmed it for me.

I understand and appreciate your faith, however, I have two questions based on your statement.

First, which of the two creation stories told in Genesis do you believe to be the correct account?

Second, how was the human race propagated if Adam and Eve only had two sons?

I've heard several variations from the faithful on these two questions, and I'd appreciate if you could provide yours.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Awesome....

This was one of our most well-responded surveys with 27,913 people taking the survey, which was comprised of 7,528 ATS members and 20,385 guests

At this rate pretty soon we won't even need member's poll/survey participation to accurately reflect how the majority of members think and feel about any given topic..

edit on 29-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

It's about personal opinion, not proof.

Don't be such a sour puss just because some men and women choose to believe or are inclined to think something is more plausible than you do.

You and the other few % that expressed their views have been counted, the overwhelmingly massive majority has had their say too...fair and square as far as i can see.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
reply to post by GmoS719

i think you may have confused ATS with GLP??

i think i voted neutral on most of those.. if i have no proof my belief stays in limbo where, personally, i think it belongs.

That's pretty hardcore. So you think all the work of the thousands of scientists in all the different fields of study that deal in some way or other with subjects like the age of our planet is on par with a series of Iron Age stories?

I'm a pretty staunch agnostic (I think atheists are just as likely to be wrong as theists) but even I think your approach is bordering on the anti-gnostic (refusing to know).

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I also see what you are getting at, but part of the fun of debating is not to diminish your position with "I think" and "In my opinion" as it weakens your stance and makes you look unsure of yourself and position.

There are probably other purposes for it too.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

. It seems to be missing a question though:

"The origins of human life on planet earth are the result of a combination of terrestrial dna and extraterrestrial dna, defined by the science of genetics, engineered by the Anunnaki thousands of years ago."

I would have preferred there was some similar question as this. Leave out specific reference to Anunnaki though:

"The origins of human life on planet earth are the result of a combination of dna, genetically engineered thousands of years ago."

edit on 29-8-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by myselfaswell

It would be interesting to know why your "membership" depends on the outcome of this pole?

Care to enlighten the rest of us, or are just a religious Bigot?

As a christian these pole results mean nothing to me and as im a tollerent person i am able to stay apart of this forum even though i'm apart of a minority which is constantly flamed. Besides i'd rather be apart of a minority that hold's the truth then be apart of a crowd that's heading for a cliff, i'll stay and watch and maybe catch some people who are willing to learn the real truth of the universe that's been written in a book by our almighty God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob.
edit on 29-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I think that this imposed question would have had some negative out comes. Mostly everyone I have spoken too over this being 'Possibility' either shrewdly shrug's it off with the expected excuse's or fight's for the plain truth that 'God' Did it!!
Though this forum is on the guise that these AA implication's should be discussed, it seems as if it only creates harsh language and banter for for no one having the answer's and everybody having one.
Interesting outcome Skeptic, but it was probably readable as for the outcome by way of the people that initiate thought over such things.

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Desidrata

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by radosta

It's about personal opinion, not proof.

Don't be such a sour puss just because some men and women choose to believe or are inclined to think something is more plausible than you do.

You and the other few % that expressed their views have been counted, the overwhelmingly massive majority has had their say too...fair and square as far as i can see.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek. Probably should've thrown in an emoticon to get that across. Love me some ATS.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timing
Very interesting results.

What I've found is that ATS is a great place to learn how to debate civilly.

Lol you've no idea

Im not going to say for each question as they were confusing, im sure lots of people didn't choose what they meant to say they believe, I will summarize my ideas about it so:

Universe, planets, life is natural, they all appeared by themselves by the particles and energy or anything that forms matter (call it even vibration at frequency except I dont believe dimensions but any way in which matter is formed). Once universe appeared by itself, it started shaping planets, life on planets, etc. All on Earth appeared from the initial microorganisms that could have been brought my comets and objects hitting the Earth.

Then there was the Australopithecus among all these life forms on Earth that some evolved into plants, others into animals. So far all sounds normal right? Natural evolution from amebas and other microorganisms to bigger species.Darwin is right about evolution until the Australopithecus and early human ancestors.

There was some evolution. Now the big line that separates ones from others is that the modern human or the one that became a distinct thinking being a) evolved into the modern human or b) actually had enhanced evolution.

There is a big scientific side and this is not some conspiracy, that shows inconsistencies with Darwin's theory of evolution.

I personally think that we MAY have been mixed with astralopithecus or whatever other ancestor that suddenly made a rapid change in the skull shape and all... So I think there is likely both evolution and genetic engineering.

Here is a site why Darwin's theory can be wrong:
www.guardian.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join