It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Not only that, but this too:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Well I'm not exactly sure how Gamma rays would show that, being they are not something that decays the same way as atomic nuclei and radioactive particles do.

No offense, but if you haven't done enough reading on the subject to know that gamma rays are one of the main products of radioactive decay and that the energies of those gamma rays are indicative of various parent/daughter isotope pairs, then I don't think you're informed enough to suggest that the research we're talking about is enough to cast the kind of doubt on radioisotope dating methods that you seem to think it does.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You obviously don't even understand what the term "scientific theory" actually means then.... Try Google. J.
reply to post by jimbo999

Originally the word theory as it is used in English is a technical term from Ancient Greek philosophy. It is derived from theoria, θεωρία, meaning "a looking at, viewing, beholding", and refers to contemplation or speculation, as opposed to action.

Scientific method refers to a body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge.[1] To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry must be based on gathering empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.[2] The Oxford English Dictionary says that scientific method is: "a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The rest is just semantics.

So I believe according to your direction to check and clarify the above are that theories are observable phenomena yet speculative or even philosophical.
The scientific method or theory is based on measurement, observation and speculation and even the ability to modify the original hypothesis as new data presents itself.

Considering my observation of the empirical data provided and the fact that the scientific method is comprised of two flawed inputs to begin with ie: measurement and speculation, I stand by my statement. But thank you for responding.
M

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
because evolution IS speculation. It IS fantasy

Then why believe a fantasy as being a "truth" when there's nothing in scripture to support it...

Is God's word not good enough for you Mr "Christian"?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Please someone, anyone, read and comment, thank you.

edit on 29-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: quote removed.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

I was actually just wondering if we might be able to get the raw data and run some analysis on it. I've got SPSS sitting on my computer and have needed an excuse to run it recently. So, if ATS is willing to release the raw data from the surveys I might be interested to run some analyses for any future surveys.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hey buddy i read it and don't be offended by this but it seems you have fallen for the "New age - deception" which has roots in paganism and the occult. I don't want to bore you but here's a few bits i think could help you.

www.sherryshriner.com...
www.jesus-is-savior.com...
carm.org...

or just type in something like "The New Age Conspiracy" or "new age deception" into youtube.

Research the roots of anything before believing in it, its been paganism vs Christianity since the beginning of time.

Hope i help you friend, maybe one day you will become a follower of the true lord Jesus Christ.
edit on 29-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by spikey

You realize the only reason your alive now is because God is giving you a chance to repent and put your trust is his son Jesus so you can have eternal life and be reborn? Our days are numbered my friend.

The Bible tells us that “all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be” (Psalm 139:16). God knows exactly when, where, and how we will die. God knows absolutely everything about us.

Romans 14:7-8 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

The only reason i am alive is because my parent's got horny one cold February evening, and decided to have sex which resulted in my fathers sperm overcoming my mothers hostile cervical PH, was chemically and irresistibly attracted to her Ovum, which one hardy individual sperm managed to penetrate and start cell division, which resulted in me, decades later, sitting at my keyboard reading some of the most utter rubbish it's ever been my incredulous misfortune to read from another member of this board.

That's the only reason i'm alive, it had nothing to do with any deity you delude yourself and others into blindly believing in.

Take your book of myths and outright lunacy, and shove it. It's your breed of slavering mental idiocy that has retarded our species for outrageous aeons, and directly caused or heavily contributed to the death and misery of untold millions of human beings throughout the ages, and continues to do so to this day.

Your days are numbered, and your pathetic book and it's insidious, ridiculous mind numbing drivel will be once and for all consigned to the scrapheap of unbelievable human ignorance and immeasurable folly, where it's poison has always belonged.

Your so called god, according to your revered scripture (don't you people blush when say things like this?) is a murdering and controlling narcissist, spewing vitriol and hate, pain and suffering and a bloody and tortuous death for anyone or anything that isn't a cowering sycophant and grovel on the floor like a snake, writhing on heir belly for what can easily be described as it's/his/her twisted and arrogant self pleasure.

He/it is NO creator, a destroyer, a conqueror, manipulator and slave master is a more accurate assessment of the descriptions of it's actions upon primitive humanity, but certainly no life giving omnipresent deity. If your 'scripture' you claim to hold so precious is even distantly and oh so remotely accurate, your deity is not worthy of even a spit in it's dark eye, let alone praise and worship as a life giver. It's action are akin to a genocidal, psychopathic manic, who if around today, doing what it was reputed to have done in your vomit worthy 'scripture' would be hunted down and put out of it's miserable existence like a barbarous animal.

You make me Sick to my stomach at how you deign to preach and peddle and rehash the utter twaddle that was written by superstitious and ignorant primitives. You and your zombie like ilk have wreaked tragedy and havoc upon our species, you've continued the unabated murder spree in it's name and i hope beyond hope that humanity awakens from it's self induced brain freeze, and we can actually start to make real progress on this planet at long last, and consign your brand of lunacy to the 'oh no...what on Earth were we thinking box, and bury the thing in the deepest, cess pit we can find, along with your dripping, blood soaked anti-human 'scripture'.

Don't even think about telling me you or anyone else intends 'praying for my soul', i would take it as insult to my entire being.

Sorry to other believers, I know what you think on this subject, and now you know how i do too.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Stars - everything on earth was once star dust - all the heavier elements (than hydrogen) were created inside stars by fusion......so if homeopathy is actually true then we should all feel absolutely energised by the memory of theost stars that those atoms carry with them......

Aye, but the Earth was intermediary in that process, and something that the ancients had a direct experience of, so maybe God "dumbed it down" so that they could grasp it by not taking it TOO far back. I hear he's smart like that.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

That taste of bitterness will make you incapable of ever tasting the sweetness of eternal life.

It's people like you who are so full of self pride that you are blinded from the truth.

Why is your heart hardened to the teaching of Jesus Christ and the bible? Its because of your ego and have not humbled yourself.

Do you see me or other brothers in christ writing hatefull mesages on forums because we do not "believe" in something?

if your so convinced christianity is just a fairy tale, then why are you so threatoned that you feel the need to act in this mannor...

If you humble yourself before the lord he shall lift you up. - James 4:10

Take it easy my brother, all that hatred and resentment will only lead to dark places, you can not spite God but only yourself.
edit on 29-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Don'r be absurd, Christ is with me and I him and within and without. My monicur is about the hope for a new world and of the Christ come of age, as intended.

Now I'm even more saddened, more alone. It's the church's fault for setting the faith up for a fall from the minds and hearts of men, that the devilish thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Research the roots of anything before believing in it, its been paganism vs Christianity since the beginning of time.

Insert facepalm image....

Thanks for the entertainment, but perhaps YOU should research the roots of Christianity a bit more if the above sentence is your understanding of it.

Also, which version of the Bible do you use, and why do you persist in using a lower case 'g' for Genesis?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It took exactly two post to get into referring to the belief in God as of "loonies" and for greed of money and power.

Stranger in a strange land. Awfully glad I am just passing through.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
we are insignificant in the grand scheme of things i chalk that poll up to mankinds own arrogance that he knows everything there is to know about everything.
edit on 29-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Pretty viable statement there. Yea there is so very little we know about the universe. That doesn't mean we don't understand many things about the world we live on. Every day the greatest minds of the human race are discovering new things about the universe. Imagine humanity can survive itself for 500 more years (haha yeah right). We might possibly be so advanced that we no longer require time to travel through space. Then of course we also have to consider that unless we can eventually travel in such a manner humanity probably won't leave the solar system.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
what is it with you evolution freaks, your theories are flawed and here's why: if we evolved from monkeys or species like monkeys than why are there still monkeys? you believe chicken evolved from raptors, do you see any raptors running around? we are here, the monkeys are here, where are the raptors?

what is it with you big bang freaks, your theory is flawed and heres why: consider the density of our sun and the heat relative to it. now consider a ball of mass trillions of times that of our sun and the heat. wouldn't this sterilize all life as we know it? then all of a sudden "BANG" we have life. wtf?

what is it with you religious freaks, your beliefs are flawed and heres why: the bible and all religious text like the bible.

what is it with you atheist freaks, your neutrality is flawed and heres why: ?

Nobody is flawed all of our beliefs are important but none of them will matter to any of us when we are dead.

Also, athiests are flawed because they "know" there is no god. I personally believe the universe is god seeing as it is the stars that hold planets in orbit, the energy of the sun that sparked life on earth, even us humans and the dirt beneath us are the universe.

That's all just opinion though. Everything is opinion.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Dystopiaphiliac because: Opinion.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
what is it with you evolution freaks, your theories are flawed and here's why: if we evolved from monkeys or species like monkeys than why are there still monkeys?

Because they fill an evolutionary niche that we do not - simple

you believe chicken evolved from raptors, do you see any raptors running around? we are here, the monkeys are here, where are the raptors?

Replaced by lions - and in a differnt time frame with different evolutionary pressures there's no particular reason why 2 species must evolve in a simlar manner - glad to have cleared up your misconceptions there

what is it with you atheist freaks, your neutrality is flawed and heres why: ?

Did yo mean to actually provide a reason why it is that my neutrality is flawed??

but in fact I do NOT claim to be neutral anyway so I dont' care why you think it may be flawed!! :lol I say there is more and better evidence for evolution than there is for the existence of your god - or any other god for that matter.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join