It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I figured more people would lean towards creation.
hmmm.
I'll pray for the world today.

Why would you think that?

I am not surprised by these results one bit.

agreed that this doesn't surprise me in the least. Look at the topics constantly started with the sole purpose of demeaning, deriding, pretty much displaying absolute disdain for those who believe by faith, the Word of God.

No, sadly, its not surprising at all....

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 ~ "And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they may all be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You realize the only reason your alive now is because God is giving you a chance to repent and put your trust is his son Jesus so you can have eternal life and be reborn? Our days are numbered my friend.

The Bible tells us that “all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be” (Psalm 139:16). God knows exactly when, where, and how we will die. God knows absolutely everything about us.

Romans 14:7-8 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I do think it was 3 days, but like I said, that's faith in God. I've had miracles in a sense in my life. Here, and there. Have I heard some great big voice ordering me around? Once, maybe twice. Both not really ordering me around, but advising me, and both times in what may have been an insomnia half-coma.

I was once an atheist, and a large amount of belief still comes from that time. For example. I don't believe God can be physically observed. Because anything that can be observed can be altered and even destroyed. I think that's probably the reason for angels.

But I also do not take many conventional ideas. For example, I imagine Satan not as this horned demented creature, but as a being of light. A creature that can take many forms, and is in all regards as handsome and amazing as any angel, but with a bad temper, and evil, of course.

I'll speak of one event that happened about, oh, 4 months ago. It was a strange time in my life, with many bad and good things happening at once. I can maintain my faith in a lot of bad, and I can keep my pride under control in a lot of good. But together? Damn was it near-crushing. As the two extremes got worse and worse, I began feeling something incredibly strange. A presence, almost. Every time, I thought it was stress, so I went to sleep, and when I woke up it felt like it passed. But it kept coming back, stronger each time. Until this strange serious of events. It started raining, every time I walked outside, and always when I felt the bad oncoming.When I returned home, a bug of some kind attacked me. Then later, when I returned, it was dead. I went to sleep, and around midnight some strange noises started forming in my room. Not noises in the sense something that you could hear, but noises in the sense you could mentally hear. Like you knew it wasn't real, but yet it was. I decided to go see and what it was, and before I could get up, it attacked me. It leaped on my neck, pushed me down, and held me. And for the brief moment, I felt something that I had not felt ever before. It was like electricity without the pain, like it was biting me, but some force was repealing it. I pushed, and forced my way out of it, and it was gone. Something similar happened around 3 am again, but lasting but a few seconds. When I woke up and ate breakfast, a light bulb fell in front of me. Someone told me that was God saying Satan's trying to pull you down, but you have to shine!

I cannot speak to what it was. But if I had to give a guess, demon. It's gotten me thinking, because this thing was not real. I know it wasn't. It wasn't making noise. It was entirely of the mind. But it was not within my mind. It could affect this world, but did not exist in it. That's really all I can describe it.

Aliens? who knows. Maybe something in, huh, "the space between spaces".
edit on 29-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx
The mods had to have known this would be a heated debate and could quite literally go to page 99999999999.

Anyway, atheists harden their heart to the point of total spiritual dissolution. Christians...You guys piss me off more than any other religion. You distort the word, you are flesh, nothing more.

Muslims need to learn how to respect woman for what they are, as do many men.

Jews...Don't get me started, what is it, the one hundredth time they have gone astray?

So what are you my friend?

link   
True dissapointment but a new awareness of the demographic on ats.

I am surprised that not a lot of people believe in a big bang theory and God at the same time, the orignal theorist of the big bang was also a preist

the original creator of the BBT was a priesten.wikipedia.org...
edit on 29-8-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So ATSers aren't loonies? even though we have people who believe comet elein is planet x, that there is a planet x, that our world is ruled by reptilians, etc etc?

but yet you pick on someone who believes in creationism? tisk tisk.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

I will call you out,

I was prepared to just sit this thread out and read - since the waters have been chummed far too much for rational conversation, but this is just too much, so I'm jumping into the fray to call YOU out.

because you are a liar and this sort of non scriptual teaching will further help to deceive others.

I didn't get the memo where God authorized you to speak on his behalf, make determinations as to someone else's understanding of him, and especially not the one where you get to call people "liars".

There is no support for theistic evolution in the Bible,

There is also no support for the existence of North America, sharks, octopi, kumquats, cocoa beans, coffee, and a great many other things that I can stand on or point at. Somehow, they still manage to exist without biblical specification.

and by believing in evolution you are undermining the very word of God.

NO... just... NO! If God said "there is no evolution", THEN you could make that statement, As it stands, YOU are putting words in God's mouth and speaking for him. I'm not entirely sure he's gonna be OK with that at the end, but that will be a matter to be settled between you and God. My job is just to give you a head's up. What you do with that is up to you.

The Bible carries the seal of truth, and all its pronouncements are authoritative.

Revelations 1:16.

How did Jesus preach the Sermon on the Mount with a big ol' slab of sharpened steel growing out of his mouth?

When you sit in judgement, you open yourself up to judgement. Think you're REALLY ready for that?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Desiring the removal of anything as influential as Christianity is simply ignorant. I would no more desire it's removal as Islam nor any thing else. It's done things for us. Weather you like that or not, well suck it up, we're the better a species because of it. Sure I'd like them to convert, but I would never grab a time machine and remove it from existence.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Wertdagf

And from what do you get that from? I'm a literalist of the Christian God and word. I believe evolution is true.

If you was a literlist, even though not everything should be taken literal, only in the right context, then why do you believe in evolution? Please show me one verse in the bible that even mentions God using the evolution model to create life which clearly he didn't?

Let me ask you this, do you believe God evolved?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Like nenothtu mentioned, can you show me one biblical reference to North America?

The Bible gives no evidence to how God made things. He simply spoke them, and they were. Such a being, to me, can pretty much do whatever the hell he damn well please. If nothing in the Bible says evolution is not true, I see no reason to believe it to be in conflict.

I think you should listen to nenothtu.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The material will pass away, but the spirit is eternal. This what I used to think most ATSrs believed in their heart.of hearts..

This whole thread makes we weep for the predicament of the ignorance we find ourselves mired in, at this most crucial point in our collective history, and future evolution as spiritual beings.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Judging others? That is not my intention at all. The Bible tells us to expose false prophets and that's simply what im doing...

Titus 1:10-13, “For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith.”

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I am pleasantly surprised by the results and to be honest, with all the bible thumping threads that appear to be plaguing the forum at the moment, I expected slightly different results. The informed world can see the inconsistencies in religion, the bible and the way it's practiced. In fact, some of the most vitriolic and hateful posts on this forum come from those that believe in an all supreme all loving deity. ironic no!

IRM

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

When voting I was doing more neutrals, I didn't want to offend but then I realized I was not being true to myself. I love the results and its nice to know many are of the same mind as myself.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Can you show me when I spoke of his word in conflict to the scripture?

As nenothtu said, there is nothing saying "and creatures did not change form over time and become others".

It does say that they descending from their form, but again, if I believe God is using evolution for creation, then there is no conflict.

Did Jesus not say his father's work never ended? Well, if God does not follow linear time, then he was still creating things in those 6 days even unto Jesus, and still even today.

Good night sweat prince. I pray you serve the right master in the morning.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Like nenothtu mentioned, can you show me one biblical reference to North America?

The Bible gives no evidence to how God made things. He simply spoke them, and they were. Such a being, to me, can pretty much do whatever the hell he damn well please. If nothing in the Bible says evolution is not true, I see no reason to believe it to be in conflict.

I think you should listen to nenothtu.

By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, correct?

Ok so then the actual creation of this world was a miracle not explained by natural phenomenon, correct?

Isn't evolution a natural phenomenon?

Can you not see where your problem lies?

Genesis 2:7 says, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul".

It doesn't say "And the Lord God formed man from an amoeba which graudually became a man over millions of years and then i gave him a living soul" - does it?

I think you should listen to the bible, because at the moment all you are doing is teaching a false message and are not using scripture...
edit on 29-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
RG: the belief of big bang theory, evolution, the fall all smooshed together isn't all that far fetch. If you are open minded enough that is

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Well i won't blame you, i don't suppose you ever actually read the genealogy of Jesus which show's his direct decent from Adam and eve?

Which one? There are two different ones presented in the Gospels. Which is "authoritative"?

Your not scripturally sound my friend, we shouldn't go off our own thoughts on things but what the bible tells us, otherwise we start undermining the word of God and we are no longer living in reality.

There goes that judgement thing again...

I'd be really careful if i was you, it seems like your straying from the narrow path and leaning towards the abyss by letting yourself be deceived, or maybe you were just lieing about being a christian altogether? Wow...

I'm extremely surprised that you of all people wrote that. Do you not see the irony there? I bet you don't...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by Vitchilo

If you don't believe in it, then why do you try so hard to disprove it?
Seems like you just want to be popular.

I think people point out obvious contradictions and problems with religion because they are tired of seeing religious groups take advantage of weak people.

That's my opinion.

Fair enough.

but in my case it's not true.

I dislike people telling me stuff that "is the truth", and then not actually being able to back it up.

i have no problem withthem saying "this is what I believe".....but they never seem to do that...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Well what defines natural? I would hardly call the adaptation to change as natural. Nature demands decay. Evolution more or less proves the breathe of life. The will to go on, in the face of what is natural. Does he not care for the things he makes? Feed the birds? Give food to the work of his hands? Why is evolution anything else but that act?

Genesis 2:7 says, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul". It doesn't say "And the Lord God formed man from an amoeba which graudually became a man over millions of years and then i gave him a living soul" - does it? I think you should listen to the bible, because at the moment all you are doing is teaching a false message and are not using scripture...

No, it doesn't say man came gradually from an Amoeba. But it also doesn't say he didn't.

It says he came from mud. Which for all you know, was where the amoeba was living. Or, the bones of some extinct ape-like ancestor was, which God took, made into man, and breathed the breathe of life into.

The only think we know is that God formed man from the mud, and tat he breathed into him a living being. Beyond that? Speculation.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join