It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS This Afternoon....Videos I Caught To Show How People Mistake Things For UFOS On The Live Feed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The objects you will see are not space craft....It is the effects of the rising or setting sun as seen from the ISS. It's a beautiful sight. What I am trying to show is how people can MISTAKE this for "otherwordly" craft. I have seen many videos which people catch from the ISS live feed, where they are sure they caught UFOS. First, I would like to say that I do think there is other life in the universe....however, just because a light appears, it does not mean it's a spacecraft. I recorded these videos in sequential order to show how strange the feeds can sometimes appear. No embellishment needed, they are awesome on their own. I am only putting these out there for you to discuss, and all views are welcome. Let's not bash one another though. If someone sees something I don't, they have a right to that opinion. The reason I knew to record at the time I did, was because I knew the sun was about to make an appearance, and when it does, it causes some strange effects. You should watch the videos in order to see what I mean. It starts as a couple of "orbs"....and then as the videos go, it gets to where there is some wild looking stuff! Enjoy! All thoughts are welcome! Like I said, they need to be watched in entirety and in order, to see how the light makes things develop....they were taken back to back in about an hour time span, so think of it as one long video. I just had to break it into separate video because of my software, but they are in correct order.

edit on 8/29/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/29/2011 by StealthyKat because: Changed title added content

edit on 8/29/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/29/2011 by StealthyKat because: mistake

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That looks like space debris and ice crystals reflecting sun light..
can´t see any unidentified objects..
and I cant see any alien spacecraft

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Exactly! That is the reason I started the thread. So many people see "ufos", and I wanted to show that this is normal, almost every time the sun sets or rises when viewed from the ISS. I tried to explain that in the OP. I know what it is....just sharing with those who may not....I still think when the sun appears, it's beautiful!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I just tried to clarify my OP. I am showing how natural light reflection can be mistaken for something else.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
all i see is chinese lanterns.

:p seriously though, are you using identified objects to explain unidentified objects? I realize some people cant tell the difference, so this will be good for them. but this isn't the reason people see ufo's on iss feed. the reason people see ufo's is because there are some ufo's....

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

My intention is just to put it out there to show the strange looking things which you can see on the ISS feeds, for those who don't realize what it is. That being said, who knows if some things people see are something else? I'm not saying it couldn't be. That's why I said in the OP that everyone's opinions are respected. I just watch the ISS live feed a lot, and even if there isn't anything anything but the Sun putting on a light show. I think it's beautiful!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

definitely, when the sun comes out awesome light shows happen
good reference for people who assume even airplanes are ufo's

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It really is! I see some wild stuff there, and it never gets old. BTW....I'll admit I'm always hoping to see something from "somewhere else" hehe....Nothing yet though.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I've seen more strangeness in 5 years than some may hope to see in their lifetime... and I STILL want to see more haha. Its like getting a taste of your favorite ice cream but waiting months or years to get another taste.... Havent seen anything on the iss feed before, though I do watch it on and off.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I've seen more strangeness in 5 years than some may hope to see in their lifetime... and I STILL want to see more haha. Its like getting a taste of your favorite ice cream but waiting months or years to get another taste.... Havent seen anything on the iss feed before, though I do watch it on and off.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I just read that they may temporarily abandon it in November. Man...they made a huge mistake by stopping the shuttle program....now we have to hitch a ride!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorist are like religious fundamentalist.

They only believe in half truths.

They're not as rational as rationalist.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You're a cool cat Stealthy.

Stay thirsty my friend.

There are 2 Soyuz's docked to the ISS for various reasons. A Soyuz can house 3 crew, and return but their life support will run out in October and November, we will likely see one reason they are there soon. Not as nice a trip home as landing on a runway like the Shuttle, but the cold snowy wind blown vast terrain of Kazakhstan I'm sure will be a welcome touchdown for the extended ISS crew, 6 in all right now, just enough Soyuz's to bring them home.

Please no Borat jokes.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Well thank you! I can't believe no one seems interested in this....maybe I should have titled it "Massive Alien Invasion Going On NOW!!!"

new topics

top topics

join