It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird, Birdlike Mystery Drone Crashes in Pakistan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Possibly an Iranian UAV?

Thought id throw that out there.

Or Isreali drone?

Doubt its a US drone.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

www.wired.com

The Pakistani Frontier Corps in Baluchistan province recovered the drone. And they confidently declare it to be an “American surveillance unmanned aerial vehicle.” But as WIRED editor-in-chief Chris Anderson points out, it doesn’t look like anything the U.S. flies — or at least acknowledges flying. What’s the deal?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sheesh. I suppose the average Pakistani sheep-herder has never seen a radio controlled airplane before, so they will accept the "drone" theory.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Looks like the more things change the more they stay the same - a/c the look like birds are not new (although this one was actually modelled on a seed!) - this is the Etrich Taube from before and the 1st year or 2 of WW1:

Given the lack of actual electronics I suspect the one in the picture has about as much us as a recce drone as this would today!!

edit on 29-8-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

www.wired.com

The Pakistani Frontier Corps in Baluchistan province recovered the drone. And they confidently declare it to be an “American surveillance unmanned aerial vehicle.” But as WIRED editor-in-chief Chris Anderson points out, it doesn’t look like anything the U.S. flies — or at least acknowledges flying. What’s the deal?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Festo Smart Bird?

www.youtube.com...

www.festo.com...

Sorry if these have already been posted..in a rush

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Maybe the next step in camo design.
To make a drone look like a bird and silent.
They should have painted it black to look like a vulture.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Looks like the planes that Iran said was there air force.In miniature of course.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I second the opinion that it is a R/C aircraft, likely a hobbyist.

Although it could be claimed that a special ops unit would think a little outside the box and use the guise of being a hobbyist to fly recon support.... I think it's much more likely that it is just an R/C aircraft and Pakistan is just saber-rattling.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
WOW! The only plausible explanation is a NWO/Elohim co-operative to control the minds of us humans! Drone, where it came from is the only question, pretty common practice actually especially in that part of the world.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It looks as though it is simply a large, remote-controlled airplane of some kind.

Maybe someone was trying to make a drone of their own somewhere in Pakistan and this pic is just being used to make more out of it than it really is.

I don't know.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

That picture speaks a bunch on that sight you linked. The one guy is looking it over for food source while the guy to the right has it covered with his gun. Must have still been twitching is all I can figure.

Well wonder what China will be paying for that poultry.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think that it looks so poorly constructed that it looks like it's complete propaganda.

With a few internet searches and a bit of hobby craft, I could make one of those...crash it, kneel beside it and have my photo taken to be released to the Internet.

In fact, I am .ing to Hobbycraft now.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Just to be on the safe side,

Should I start shooting at every bird that flies over my yard?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if even companies like Xe weren't flying a few around over there..

My initial thoughts were that this looked entirely too flimsy and cheap to be the product of a trillion dollar defense industry and the toys they're producing for these wars....then I came to your comment. Excellent point. I suppose this would be exactly what we might expect a private contractor to be using. Something off the shelf and adapted for use. Hmm.. I wonder which side of the border this was launched from?

In looking up something about this, I found this info:

Previous drone lost in Pakistan

The fact we lost a much more advanced one in the past to the Pakistani army was interesting but the most striking detail in this was the reference to an indigenous Pakistani UAV 'Industry' as well as the direct description of a Pakistani built cruise missile. It sounds like they have quite an advanced domestic arms industry in their own right.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added link & related info at bottom

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Difinitely a home made aeromodellers aircraft made from semi transparent material with flaperons , elevators, though the tail
is a bit unusual looking.
Not military finesse to tit. prolly some kid playing around with his creation.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
That would be VERY cheap to make.

The camera pod being on the top....this bird was meant to monitor air traffic and basic ground movements on the ground.

Russia or China.

If the Camera pod was on the bottom...it would be ours. We already know whats in the sky over Pakistan.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It is most likely American..and i thought spying was an act war??
edit on 30/8/2011 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiercel

Oh, I can't help it. Now my ego & painbody wants one

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i saw an article on jeff rense months ago the pics look identical to it of guys that put together for 6000+ dollars from army surplass equitment it could intercept all comunication mobile and internet act as a mobile mast the spec of it was impressive if they could do it what are the military up to

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by Tiercel
They've developed a remote control bird. As shown in this video & the page from their site. I knew that someone was developing a remote control bird based on the peregrine falcon, for use in bird control. So I suppose it was inevitable that the technology eventually be developed for military use.

That in the video is an ornithopter, I have several myself. This is not what's pictured in the OP though. Ornithopters fly via flapping wings, the aircraft in the OP is shaped like a bird but is in fact a fixed wing aircraft. I've logged many hours flying ornis and they'd be worthless for military use, they are very fussy to fly and are prone to mechanical breakdowns due to the excessive number of moving parts.

Thanx for posting the link. These models look as if they could perhaps be adapted for use in training falconry birds.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think I saw this drone on a History Channel tv show.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join