It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks 'insurance' file decrypted: Names of informants exposed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
another tweet:

wikileaks WikiLeaks
Totally false that any WikiLeaks sources have been exposed or will be exposed. NYT drooling, senile, and evil.

twitter.com...#!/wikileaks

edit on 30-8-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
A few weeks ago its was reported that Daniel Domscheit-Berg had deleted 3,500 unpublished Wikileaks files and now this. Im starting to think Daniel Domscheit-Berg is working for 'the other side' now.

edit on 29-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

yep this is the man that saved the bank of america.. he has been payed off im sure....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
A few weeks ago its was reported that Daniel Domscheit-Berg had deleted 3,500 unpublished Wikileaks files and now this. Im starting to think Daniel Domscheit-Berg is working for 'the other side' now.

edit on 29-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

yep this is the man that saved the bank of america.. he has been payed off im sure....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Me thinks this Insurance File tells the Truth about 9/11...imagine opening the File and seeing unaltered Footage of the Pentagon beeing hit by an American Missile

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Me thinks this Insurance File tells the Truth about 9/11...imagine opening the File and seeing unaltered Footage of the Pentagon beeing hit by an American Missile

i dont thinkso. they have started releasing 9/11 cables. there was one friday and one today. i expect we might get a lot of them coming up to the 10th anniversary.

i think the insurance file is something a lot different. Assange has dropped hints of a sort of widespread deception. i think the insurance file is even bigger than any 9/11 story.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Actually you would be wrong. Wikileaks does have informant / sources names. Assange himself has stated a few times now they try to redact names / identifying info before release.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Its fairly obvious that whatever is going on behind the scenes Wikileaks hand was forced and they had no choice but to realease the current deluge of cables.

Noticed a little reference to this on a tweet couple of hours ago;

wikileaks WikiLeaks
What will the Whisthouse do when it is revealed which mainstream news organization disclosed all 251k unredacted cables?

twitter.com...#!/wikileaks

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by PsykoOps

Actually you would be wrong. Wikileaks does have informant / sources names. Assange himself has stated a few times now they try to redact names / identifying info before release.

You got it wrong. They redact Names IN/ON Cables/Documents before they release them. They don´t have the Names of the ones giving it to them. From what i know,the System they use,allows the Informants to remain anonymous.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It is now official:
Apparent string of errrors unties wikileaks

In a statement posted on Twitter, WikiLeaks said, "Guardian investigations editor, David Leigh, recklessly, and without gaining our approval, knowingly disclosed the decryption passwords in a book published by the Guardian."

Then Guardian goes on to say:

The London-based Guardian newspaper responded to the WikiLeaks tweet with its own statement: "It's nonsense to suggest the Guardian's WikiLeaks book has compromised security in any way. Our book about WikiLeaks was published last February. It contained a password, but no details of the location of the files, and we were told it was a temporary password which would expire and be deleted in a matter of hours.

Wikileaks responds:

It's not clear exactly when WikiLeaks discovered the security breach. But in the last week, WikiLeaks has dramatically sped up the publication of the diplomatic cables. Before last week, the website had released less than 10% of the entire cache. As of Wednesday evening, more than 140,000 had been released, more than half of the entire cache.

So I wonder if the MSM covered tropical storm Irene the way they did non stop (not even Katrina had this type of coverage) in order to buy the US some time before releasing this info? Perhaps the MSM knew the ramifications of posting this info last week, vs. over analyzing and over covering a storm in order to get sympathy from the viewers in order to throw this story in our faces knowing that we would let this one pass?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

# Once it’s downloaded, Unzip the package and you’ll find each a .exe and .msi file. # Doubleclick on the .msi file and follow the prompts. # AESCrypt has been installed to C:\Program Files\AESCrypt\ # Using Windows Explorer, navigate to that directory and take the 3 files from it.. two .exe and one .dll and put them back into C:\ (the root of the drive) # Take insurance.256aes and put that in your C:\ drive too, so you have 4 files sitting there. AESCrypt.dll aescrypt.exe AESCrypt32.exe and last but not least, insurance.256aes # Click on your Start button and goto Run or in Windows 7 / Vista, you can type it straight into the ‘Search for Files or Programs” bar.. type in command and hit enter. # From there, you need to get back to c:\ type in “cd \” and you will be returned to the root of the drive being C:\. # From there, type this.. aescrypt32 insurance.aes256 # A window should pop up prompting you for the magical password. # Or you can just install aescrypt, go to the insurance file>right click>properties>change opens with>browse to aescrypt32>ok # then you just need to double click the insurance file whenever you want to view it/prompt for password.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hearing that the file is NOT the insurance file - I've got it here somewhere but not sure which computer it is on - what was the name of it again when it was first released?

I'm hearing that this file that the password
CollectionOfDiplomaticHistorySince_1966_ToThe_PresentDay#

is to the uncensored diplomatic cable dump - NOT the insurance file.

Can anyone verify?

Ok, Cryptome is carrying this now - answered my questions.

edit on 1-9-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

the 250k cables are available now on many different places on the net. you have to download the file at the moment.

wikileaks were also doing a pole asking if they should just release them all now blaming the newspaper for the files that are now floating around the internet.

some of the wiki sites are down at the moment. I would expect all the files to be available shortly if you are not bothered downloading.

i believe this has nothing to do with the insurance file. there was also another file given on on twitter yesterday that people were told to keep and await instructions on.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Full explanation from Wikileaks on recent events.

http://__._/Guardian-journalist-negligently.html

"Indeed, it is one of the indelible stains on Hillary Clinton that she personally set course to forewarn dozens of corrupt leaders, including Hosni Mubarak, about some of the most powerful details of WikiLeaks’ revelations to come."

edit on 1-9-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Hearing that the file is NOT the insurance file - I've got it here somewhere but not sure which computer it is on - what was the name of it again when it was first released?

I'm hearing that this file that the password
CollectionOfDiplomaticHistorySince_1966_ToThe_PresentDay#

is to the uncensored diplomatic cable dump - NOT the insurance file.

Can anyone verify?

Ok, Cryptome is carrying this now - answered my questions.

edit on 1-9-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

yep from what i can gather its NOT the insurance file password, i have the original and it doesn't work with that password. this is for something else.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Gw0whe$PfehwH[W%$%0sfwFGOENqi24yHSFP[NKFwekqzcxGPAEGMq32pfewkjnwrHN]#%Fwedqkdg?WM43\hgwr#$JhowdnwqQELFDWmenhwREWKwqeq$

Posted on Twitter from wikileaks.....then..

Note the files are compressed with 7zip, they unpack to 60gb of data.

openssl enc - d -aes-256-cbc outfile

They are letting us finally open this!!! wooohooo no more waiting peeps

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yeah.. but the informants names wouldnt be in these files.
You don't put "leaked to wikileaks by" the names the redact are just names that are in the official documents so no leakers or informants are named just names in official files that wikileaks was doing a favor by not leaking but had no obligation to.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

can you explain this more? i have the original file and aescrypt but that still doesn't work.

what do i do with the command you posted?

nvm, this is still for the "cablegate" file, not the insurance.aes256 file
edit on 1-9-2011 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by rayuki

Yup....

www.twitlonger.com...

cheers but i dont know why everyone is saying this is the "insurance" file, its NOT the insurance file. none of these passwords and keys work on the ORIGINAL insurance.aes256 file so i have no idea where this crap came from.

more DISINFO?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

just a lot of confusion and people getting over excited.

all the cables are now on wikileaks site.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join