It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear, Inc. The Roots of the Islamophobia Network in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
OK, lets give it another try in posting this...

This is an interesting report about how anti Islamic organisations influence politics and even people like Anders Breivik.

Geller and Spencer co-founded the organization Stop Islamization of America, a group whose actions and rhetoric the Anti-Defamation League concluded “promotes a conspiratorial anti-Muslim agenda under the guise of fighting radical Islam. The group seeks to rouse public fears by consistently vilifying the Islamic faith and asserting the existence of an Islamic conspiracy to destroy “American values.” Based on Breivik’s sheer number of citations and references to the writings of these individuals, it is clear that he read and relied on the hateful, anti-Muslim ideology of a number of men and women detailed in this report&a select handful of scholars and activists who work together to create and promote misinformation about Muslims.

Some of these foundations and wealthy donors also provide direct funding to anti-Islam grassroots groups. According to our extensive analysis, here are the top seven contributors to promoting Islamophobia in our country:
Donors Capital Fund
Richard Mellon Scaife foundations
Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation
Newton D. & Rochelle F. Becker foundations and charitable trust
Russell Berrie Foundation
Anchorage Charitable Fund and William Rosenwald Family Fund
Fairbrook Foundation

link to website and report

I wonder how much of this stuff would link back to Christian/Catholic people.

Fear mongering at its best, and it's a multi million dollar business.

GM

edit on 29-8-2011 by Grey Magic because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2011 by Grey Magic because: edit link and code

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

sorry to say this but Islamophobia or islamization is pretty much real,

and i stopped reading after i saw american progress enough said.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So that justifies making anti-Islamic organisations?

If the Muslims made anti Catholic/Christian whatever organisations the world would be too small.

Talk about hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Radical islam needs to be opposed. The death cult is so evil that it would be the only religion I would not oppose banning. We need to seriously consider sending all of the members of this death cult back to the mid east or wherever they are from if they are not natural born citizens of the US.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I agree about radical Islam, but tell me, what has this thread to do with radical Islam?

This thread is about the anti Islamic agenda in general and that it creates people like Anders Breivik.

Please keep it ONtopic.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic

I agree about radical Islam, but tell me, what has this thread to do with radical Islam?

This thread is about the anti Islamic agenda in general and that it creates people like Anders Breivik.

Please keep it ONtopic.

The existence of radical islam is what fuels the groups that concern you. Since you cannot discern a radical jihadist by sight, many people automatically consider all muslims potential or even likely terrorists. Let me put it this way....when an arab enters a room I am in, there is a very good chance I will go to the bathroom and chamber a round if he looks the least bit suspicious. Call me names if you want, but to me it is just insurance.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well that shows how good those group influence the public opinion.

Domestic terrorism will be a much bigger problem in the future, caused by left wing ideology of fear.

You can't fight fear with more fear...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well that shows how good those group influence the public opinion.

Domestic terrorism will be a much bigger problem in the future, caused by left wing ideology of fear.

You can't fight fear with more fear...

Maybe not, but Colt and S&W make great tools with which to fight "fear".

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yay for racial profiling.

Shoot first and ask questions later.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yay for racial profiling.

Shoot first and ask questions later.

Yay for staying alive and not letting some nut job blow me to kingdom come.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The day after the shooting, the Metropolitan Police identified the victim as Jean Charles de Menezes, and said that he had not been carrying explosives, nor was he connected in any way to the attempted bombings. They issued an apology describing the incident as "a tragedy, and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets." The Menezes family condemned the shooting and rejected the apology. His grandmother said there was "no reason to think he was a terrorist." It was reported that the dead man's family were offered almost £585,000 compensation.[20]

Blow who to kingdom come? Why didn't you even bother to read my link?

Yay for tax payers money?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The day after the shooting, the Metropolitan Police identified the victim as Jean Charles de Menezes, and said that he had not been carrying explosives, nor was he connected in any way to the attempted bombings. They issued an apology describing the incident as "a tragedy, and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets." The Menezes family condemned the shooting and rejected the apology. His grandmother said there was "no reason to think he was a terrorist." It was reported that the dead man's family were offered almost £585,000 compensation.[20]

Blow who to kingdom come? Why didn't you even bother to read my link?

Yay for tax payers money?
I checked your link. It had absolutely nothing to do with my post. Thus I ignored it and replied strictly to your post.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I S+F'ed.

Unfortunately, this has been an on-going agenda for several years now, & doesn't seem to be slowing down.

When will the people (including my parents & family) realise that there isn't some "crazy, turban-wearing arab-man", carrying an AK & RPG, around the corner, plotting to destroy the whole world?

It's said to see how these companies have thrown in Islamophobia into it...But this is the sad state of the world at the moment.

new topics

top topics

join