It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 4 year old daughter's "dream"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My 4 year old is very smart. (she's almost 5 years old.) she and i talk about everything and she is very open and honest with me.

Recently she came to me about something that has been happening to her. a few weeks back, she said she saw Jesus (she said it was Jesus because it came from the clouds, and yes we do go to church, and they told her Jesus is in heaven above, so she related the two possibly?). Then a week or 2 later she said she saw Jesus again, but this time she said she woke up from a dream because of a bright light and tried to open her eyes and it hurt to look at it. she said it was sparkly and bright like the sun and it touched her(almost like tickling her), but it wasn't mean. then a few nights ago, she told me that she saw the sparkly thing again, but this time she could see stars too, it still didn't talk, but she said it was nice. and now she's sad that it hasn't happened again this week. she keeps saying that she wants the angel/Jesus to come back and touch her arm again.

When she first started saying it, i thought it was a dream. but when she said she is awaken from a dream/sleep by a bright light, that kind of caught me off guard a little.

I have no idea what to think. If its angel's, kewl. What if its aliens... idk. i've never experienced anything like this, so its hard for me not to be a little afraid. she's been sleeping in my bed since the last one, she said seeing stars was weird from inside the house.

So yeah... any thoughts, opinions or anything are welcome.
edit on 29-8-2011 by jassie51289 because: daughter's age. almost 5.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm glad her dreams were nice ones. My own children have told me some strange ones where you could almost believe there's been some contact with "something" else.

My niece in particular had a bad experience a few years ago. Lots of descriptions of stuff you can only find in an alien abduction book. It's all forgotten now. She's 16, but will only goes to bed if the light is left on, even if someone's with her.

Just keep note of what she's saying, and let us know please. Very interesting.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jassie51289

Does she actually see a figure, or is it a bright light without a figure shape?
edit on 29-8-2011 by underspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

im definitely paying attention to everything she says regarding her dreams and night happenings now. its a little spooky. haha

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by underspace

she says its just a really bright light with glitter falling around it or in it. she's used sparkly, bright, glittery, shiny, and twinkly to describe it. same description every time. too blight to look at. so bright it wakes her up. it never talks, but it touches her. she can feel it, but she doesn't see how it touches her. she said it doesn't have arms like we do.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Depending on the type of religious experiences you have and believes we tend to relate to what happen to our children.

Many children until the age of about 4 have the ability to see what I call a door from this world and the spiritual world.

Depending what they learn in this world that is how they tend to describe and relate to what they can not understand.

I was able to see that open door to the other world until I was 6 so I can remember how it was, just like your daughter described, bright light but in my case I was able to see no only one spiritual person or shape but many, they used to wake me up at night and call my name.

I was never worry or afraid of the bright light and neither the voices and shapes because it was very peaceful and beautiful.

I used to tell my mother about it but she will get very worry, because I could not explain exactly what I was able to see and because my name was called.

As I got older the door close and I could not see the shapes of people.

Once in while I dream about the bright light but only when I am very stress or worry about things to much.
edit on 30-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

thats quite interesting. i've been trying not to make a big deal of it to her. i dont want to scare her or worry her unintentionally. so i just treat it like anything else we talk about. just asking her questions and saying how its cool and trying to get her to share more. i dont want her to get weirded out about me asking her though. im just intrigued and curious and want to know more. so as she continues to update me i will update it on here too. kids are quite amazing and they can teach us a lot, so im keeping my mind and eyes open.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I would attempt, without casting my own negative worries on her experience, to let her know that if she was ever to feel frightened she has the right and power to say No, leave me alone.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jassie51289
My 4 year old is very smart.

?

Good for her, I guess..

To your Story. Yes it could be something like an Angel. No its not an alien, no matter how hard you want it to be one

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

When I was working with children as a teacher in kindergarten I remember many littler ones telling stories of themselves prior to this life.

I remember a particular littler boy that draw and airplane, he told me that the pilot was him and that he died in a airplanes crash before.

In another occasion I ask a littler boy his name and he answer me with his first name and last name, but his mother told me that for some reason he keep telling people the wrong name and she didn't know why, his name and last name were not the name and last name he was telling people.

I also remember my daughter now 27, when she was about 4 singing and dancing every where I took her in from of strangers, she told me that she used to be a singer and dancer before.

While I don't remember anything about other lives, I remember that for many years I had a dream of drowning as a child, the dream was so vivid that it will made me wake up in panic, and to this day I can not swim and never been able to learn.

See, children can tell many stories, is just that we don't listen enough or tend to think that they are things they hear or see on tv and tell them as their own.

Is good to listen to what children have to say, after all they are Innocent and they do not know about deceptions yet when they are very young, they learn about deception and lies when they start to interact with others in schools.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
When one understands that life is simply a Triune of birth, life, death and then birth again. Then one realises that they have been here once before, just that ones costume is a bit different now since they last returned... ;-)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

i think staying calm is the right way to go. writing down or recording the conversation is a good idea posted by another ATS member. one day when your daughter is older, you can show her the writings and recordings. with any luck she may be able to remember the details and describe them to you as an adult.

good thread.

-subfab

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Bizarre thread.

I don't think children remember past lives.

They have active imaginations. They have really high copper levels until about age 4. Copper makes the brain race, and they get super creative and make stuff up.

I mean, did you hear about the kid who had so many convinced he was previously an alantean, and lived on mars, only to find out he was stitching stuff together from his favorite t.v. shows

As for the dream. It seems very straight forward. You're filling her mind with religious jargon, and people are scared it's the end of the world. Her subconscious tries to calm her by implanting the notion that zombiejesus will come and save the day.

Most mothers tend to want to think their children are really smart. I have trouble believing a child who believes in Jesus has truly exceptional analytical abilities. They tend to laugh in church, and be very rebellious towards the notion of zombiejesus. I certainly thought it was a hoot!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I dunno, as a child apparently I used to talk about being a fighter pilot in World War 2 and that I was shot down and died and mentioned Edith Piaf a few times when there was no source material (tv, books or anything) for me to have gleaned that from, nor did family ever talk about that period in time.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I'm not calling you a liar, but think there's likely a rational explanation.

Either you are recalling false memories, or subconsciously stored information from your surroundings, or maybe you are fibbing.

I have no reason to believe in past lives.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

yeah. we have talked about that before with nightmares, or with people and everything. so im hoping if she ever felt uneasy that she would be able to say no. so far everything seems to be positive, other than her wanting to sleep in my bed since the last happening.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

i dont think past lives are real, but like everyone else, i dont know for sure. but its not personally what i believe. As for a child not being smart because they attend church, thats not true at all. she attends sunday school. the color pictures and go over basic bible stories. they dont cover any of them in depth yet because they are 4 and 5 year olds. Religious people can be smart too, just as any one else. religious beliefs dont hold anyone back intellectually, although there are a lot of "christians" out there that give the religion in general a bad wrap.

But religion aside, my daughter saw something. Yes she is almost 5 and she is smart, she has scored exceptionally on all developmental, social and intellectual tests. She knows the difference between a dream and reality. She knows how to articulate her thoughts very well for a 5 year old. The only reason i even brought up the religion thing is because thats what she compared it to. She said it was like an angel because it came from the stars. It was peaceful and made her feel safe and came from above like Jesus in the stories she's read. She did not say that it was in fact Jesus or an Angel, that was just her way or describing it to me the best way she knew how.

I dont know what it was, but i've never heard anything like this form her before. So im just trying to gain some insight as to what it might have been. an ghost like entity, alien, a spirit, an angel, or anything.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

I'm not calling you a liar, but think there's likely a rational explanation.

Either you are recalling false memories, or subconsciously stored information from your surroundings, or maybe you are fibbing.

I have no reason to believe in past lives.

Where would false memories come from? Up until then, I'd never heard of World War 2 and didn't study it until I was 14, pretty much 10 years after I first mentioned being in the war.

Subconsciously stored information? From where? Like I said, until that age I'd never heard of it nor did any of my family ever mention it around me. Wasn't on tv much either and my reading materials were definitely not anything that involved warfare of any decade.

Am I fibbing? Nope, nor do I have reason to believe my family are either since they were so amazed that they're the ones who constantly remind me of it since none of them play a part in me saying such a thing. It was an out of the blue thing said by a 4 year old who had no reason to be so convinced of being such a thing in a previous life.

You said it best, you have no reason to believe in past lives so even now, if you still don't believe me then that's your perogative because no amount of convincing will make you believe anyway as you state so therefore past lives topics should be of no concern or interest for you to read again from this moment since you don't believe.

Likewise, I don't believe any of the theories of the 9/11 Truth Movement so I avoid reading or watching anything related to it.
edit on 30/8/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Just because I say that I have no reason to believe, doesn't mean I'm not open to further information that may change my mind. Someone posting an experience online isn't reason enough.

To each their own!

Every g&t kid I've ever known needed to know why before accepting/doing anything. They simply won't budge if they're not given a reason. Faith implies a lack of knowledge, ie belief. I suppose there are exceptions.

Apologies for pooping in your thread. Hope you can find what you're looking for.

edit on 30-8-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Likewise, I don't believe any of the theories of the 9/11 Truth Movement so I avoid reading or watching anything related to it.

Which came first?

That was rhetorical.

Jassie I am a little confused. Are these all dreams, or does she experience this while awake (like Marg described)? OP title says dream, but you also describe her being awoken because of the bright light.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join