It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writings of Jesus the Christ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Am I right in thinking that you would not give credence to Jesus' writings even if there were some? Do you think the reported creator of the Earth has not given any new info since the Torah was written?

Many thanks. I am curious though as to why you accept the Torah. Question asked without prejudice.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

Explanation: St*rred!

I will post my disclaimer from the thread I linked...

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

UPFRONT Personal Disclosure: The OP has and maintains an NON MILITANT Anti-Abrahamic Faiths position.The OP is an ex[communicated]-Christian of the Jehovah's Witness Denomination. The OP's Biases on this Topic are all now fully transparent and exposed!

Uhmmm?

Am I right in thinking that you would not give credence to Jesus' writings even if there were some?

No, you'd be incorrect on that.

Jesus definately DID write down his teachings ... Who do you think WROTE the TEN COMMANDMENTS?

Jesus = The Word!

Do you think the reported creator of the Earth has not given any new info since the Torah was written?

If this 'reported creator of the Earth" as you classify them ... is the personage that is Jesus, and that Jesus, as God penned the Torah using Moses as the tool for that ... then YES, it is my argument that all biblical books that are not the Torah are pure falshoods due to the arguments I lay out in the thread of mine that I linked! (please see my personal disclosure below)

I am curious though as to why you accept the Torah.

I don't. OL is a Hellenist believer [ie ancient greek gods etc] and I worship Achlys!

Personal Disclosure: I quote myself from my linked thread for clarity's sake.

Primary Proof for the OP's Primary Argument: Deut 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Secondary Proof for the OP's Primary Argument: Deut 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by toxicblud
reply to post by randyvs

Is this a proven fact? Or is this again, an opinion bottled and processed through blind faith? I'm not trying to start a religious battle of meaningless words on here just posing a question. Of course at the end of the day your beliefs will rest unscathed as well as mine.
edit on 29-8-2011 by toxicblud because: typo

For you ? It's what ever you want it to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If you have an affinity for Jesus have faith in him or his message....

And not sure of the place to go just simplify...

Sermon on The Mount those words are true in their teaching, truth and meaning who cares who wrote it down.

Live by the Sermon on The Mount truly and you will be more of an Christian, have more Christ Consciousness than 99% of people who attend church.

Just the truth.

Love

Elf

top topics

<< 1   >>

join