It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That which is next to come. The next Hurricane is coming.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
For all those who look into weather across the globe. If you look off the east coast of Africa, a monster storm is brewing and heading westward. In ten days it will be near the US east coast. keep your eyes open. Please update this page as necessary for those having more info. I will do the same.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

edit on 29-8-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Something is a brewin'....

Mother Earth certainly isn't happy with us.....

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Take it from someone who lives in Hurricane Central: this time of year LOTS of big storms form off Africa. Every year. This is actually a pretty slow year for storms. Irene was a light drizzle.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yeah 35mph max sustained....thats a real monster....

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Around 2 AM Thursday it's expected to form a hurricane. How long can hurricanes even last though?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I found this link on another thread, quite good I would say :

www.wunderground.com...

According to the above source, there is another hurricane being born right now , closer to Africa..

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by radosta

That's because HAARP only fires up once a year, conveniently during HURRICANE SEASON! Guys, guy... There is a reason they call it hurricane season. It is a time of year when hurricanes happen with frequency. It's sort of like how there are a metric poo ton of earthquakes everyday. It just seems worse when you focus on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
And guess what? There's going to be several more storms forming before November! I can predict this with 100% accuracy. Perhaps I am an indigo starchild, with a hint of reptilian blood.
The real question is, since this has happened every year for thousands of years, has HAARP been around that long? Was it originally developed by the Annunaki?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
For all those who look into weather across the globe. If you look off the east coast of Africa, a monster storm is brewing and heading westward. In ten days it will be near the US east coast. keep your eyes open. Please update this page as necessary for those having more info. I will do the same.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

edit on 29-8-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

Actually, it's not even a tropical storm yet. It's a low pressure area containing some rain and convective activity. The intensity forecast is for it to become a minor hurricane on Thursday and maybe a Cat 2 on Saturday, when it will still be in the middle of the Atlantic. The models are all pretty consistent that it will miss the US, never getting any closer than Bermuda.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
no bettertime to start the fear mongering than now

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My question is whats up with the names? This one is named "twelve" and we just had another storm named "Ten".

Did they run out of names or is that somthing that is normal ,and I've just never noticed it before?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

They only get name since they reach Tropical Storm status. They instead number tropical depressions.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Can this one change its direction and scoot on over towards Texas? That would be amazing. The entire state is in various stages or drought, with 75%+ in exceptional drought, which is the worst level. I don't want anyone hurt, just a nice soaker.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
After reading some of the comments it is beyond clear to me that many of you have no idea how this works.

1. A fair majority of Atlantic Hurricanes do form off the coast of Africa.

2. This is not "Mother Nature upset with us", this is the height of the Hurricane Season. Which for the Atlantic region begins on June 1st and ends on November 30th.

3. This thread title is fear mongering. It is unfair to say the next hurricane is coming when no one knows where it is headed to yet. This storm is expected to reach hurricane strength, a Cat 1 by Thursday and a Cat 2 by Saturday, but it could turn North and stay in the middle of the ocean, or it could continue on a straight path. It could turn slightly. NO ONE KNOWS YET!

When this does reach hurricane strength is will be known as Hurricane Katia. Below is the 5 day projection. It is worth keeping an eye on this storm, but to claim this storm "is coming next" is pure speculation at this point in time.

5 day projection

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
My question is whats up with the names? This one is named "twelve" and we just had another storm named "Ten".

Did they run out of names or is that somthing that is normal ,and I've just never noticed it before?

Yes this is normal. Storms are assigned numbers, they are not given names until they reach Tropical Storm strength.

Originally posted by riddle6
Can this one change its direction and scoot on over towards Texas? That would be amazing. The entire state is in various stages or drought, with 75%+ in exceptional drought, which is the worst level. I don't want anyone hurt, just a nice soaker.

Yes it can. This storm is still A LONG WAY AWAY. It can turn to the North and stay in the Atlantic ocean. It can continue to head straight. It can turn slightly and make its way in the Gulf. No one knows what it is going to do yet. It could also fall apart completely before it reaches land. It could weaken to nothing more than a tropical depression again.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Fromabove

Something is a brewin'....

Mother Earth certainly isn't happy with us.....

Actually what is happening is we are nearing the peak of the Atlantic hurricane season. It peaks Sept 10. It is not unusual to see several storms spring up during the weeks leading up to and the weeks after the peak. It is also not unusual to see most of these storms stay far out to sea. Worry when you have something to worry about.
Of course this gives HAARP another shot at us doesn't it? LOL.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6

That would be a case for weather manipulation. If the Chinese can stop rain for the Olympics surely the US should be able to steer a little ol' low pressure system.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
This is actually a pretty slow year for storms.

Actually, this year is on pace with the busiest year on record, 2005. It's not September yet and we are already at K in the names. That doesn't mean that another will hit anywhere or that it will surpass 2005, when we ran out of names and started using the Greek alphabet. But to say this is a slow year is completely incorrect, it's been a busy year for TS's.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
just curious. how does it track compared to Irene? anyway to show parallel tracks for the two storms?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

From what I understand, the preliminary reports say it won't enter the Gulf of Mexico. That is what I was basing my post off of. Of course the storm can always can its direction, and it will be several days before it is anywhere near the US, but that doesn't mean I can't hope and dream a little.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join