It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visible X-ray from M6 class solar flare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I make this pictures 10 min after appears M6 class solar flare from 3 August, sunset ..

I cant say in precise 8-10 min. but is maximum 15 min. after M6 ..

This is the time what it takes to reach the Earth ..

Hope you like this pictures and this X-rays from Sun eruption or some-kind of light emission ..

First 2 pictures from East, other 2 are from West ..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38e60c52314b.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab72ba9f33e2.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72d7afdde0dc.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a562dcf6b5f0.png[/atsimg]
edit on 29-8-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
looks awfully like cloud cover on sundown to me
although i could be mistaken.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Not to bash on your thread but I thought x-rays were outside the visible spectrum of light..? Looks like the sun is just rising, or setting, to me...

edit on 29-8-2011 by Celestica because: spelling errors

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Nontheless, It looks very nice, where were they taken?
edit on 29-8-2011 by Elexio because: grammar

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
That is extremely cool, i always use to draw suns rays like that growing up as a kid. They always looked bright , though unrealistic. But now i know its possible. Cheers mate :")

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mattrat

You are mistaken dude, take a second look, and this time put your pesimistic, debunking glasses in your back sky rocket

edit on 29/8/2011 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

i mean they do look quite linear but i was always under the assumption that we cannot see xray's therefore unless its exciting something in the atmosphere i dont see it being anything but normal sun rays 'calls astronomy gurus"
edit on 29-8-2011 by mattrat because: spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica
Not to bash on your thread but I thought x-rays were outside the visible spectrum of light..? Looks like the sun is just rising, or setting, to me...

edit on 29-8-2011 by Celestica because: spelling errors

I was also surprised, but 100% positive is from Sun eruption and this is x-ray passing through our atmosphere ..

Because I see them out side house and come on this site to check, so I'm 100% positive ..

Originally posted by Elexio
Nontheless, It looks very nice, where were they taken?
edit on 29-8-2011 by Elexio because: grammar

From Croatia ..

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Light takes 8 minutes to reach the earth from the sun, but solar flares do not travel the speed of light, they take 2 to 3 days to reach the earth. The only thing you would be able to see as a direct cause would be the "Northern Lights". You can not actually see X-rays.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Light takes 8 minutes to reach the earth from the sun, but solar flares do not travel the speed of light, they take 2 to 3 days to reach the earth. The only thing you would be able to see as a direct cause would be the "Northern Lights". You can not actually see X-rays.

X-Rays need 8 1/2 minutes to come to Earth from Sun like visible light ..

Like all electromagnetic radiation, including visible light, x-rays travels at the speed c=299,792,458 metres per second, commonly known as the speed of light.

X-Rays are part of the electromagnetic spectrum and they travel at the same speed as all other EM radiation (including visible light). Just a bit under 300,000,000 meters per second.

Solar flares are pretty spectacular! Within an hour or less, an area of the Sun the size of Earth suddenly lets loose a blast of X-rays and other powerful radiations. Traveling at the speed of light, which can go 7 times around Earth in only one second, it still takes 8 1/2 minutes for these X-rays to get to Earth from the Sun

www.solarstorms.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is just sun light passing through clouds or dust in the atmosphere. You can't see x-rays.
edit on 29-8-2011 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07

X-ray need 8 min. to come to Earth from Sun ..

Actually we are both wrong, its 15 minutes

"A solar flare on January 20, 2005 released the highest concentration of protons ever directly measured, taking only 15 minutes after observation to reach Earth"

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Im going with this ..

"in atmospheric optics, are rays of sunlight that appear to radiate from a single point in the sky. These rays, which stream through gaps in clouds or between other objects, are columns of sunlit air separated by darker cloud-shadowed regions. The name comes from their frequent occurrences during crepuscular hours (those around dawn and dusk), when the contrasts between light and dark are the most obvious."

en.wikipedia.org...

its the angle of the rays and your position of the camera that gives it that effect

my two cents

"The Earth's atmosphere is thick enough that virtually no X-rays are able to penetrate from outer space all the way to the Earth's surface. This is good for us but also bad for astronomy - we have to put X-ray telescopes and detectors on satellites! We cannot do X-ray astronomy from the ground. "

science.hq.nasa.gov...
edit on 29-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
Im going with this ..

"in atmospheric optics, are rays of sunlight that appear to radiate from a single point in the sky. These rays, which stream through gaps in clouds or between other objects, are columns of sunlit air separated by darker cloud-shadowed regions. The name comes from their frequent occurrences during crepuscular hours (those around dawn and dusk), when the contrasts between light and dark are the most obvious."

en.wikipedia.org...

its the angle of the rays and your position of the camera that gives it that effect

my two cents

"The Earth's atmosphere is thick enough that virtually no X-rays are able to penetrate from outer space all the way to the Earth's surface. This is good for us but also bad for astronomy - we have to put X-ray telescopes and detectors on satellites! We cannot do X-ray astronomy from the ground. "

science.hq.nasa.gov...
edit on 29-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

We all watch this in first place 4 persons with our eyes ..

My father call my to see this because he is interested in similar things and I make pictures and check here ..

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

I'm sorry but this is incorrect, you haven't photographed X-rays from a solar flare.

As Celestica said, a proton storm event occurred where the protons took 15 minutes to reach earth, this is about 1/3 the speed of light.

A typical proton storm takes a couple of days to reach us.

science.nasa.gov...

edit on 29/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hello, this is most fortunate, few days ago i saw something similar and was thinking if sm1 here saw it too, but i see that your pictures are from 3rd august?
I have seen this on august 26th, after being up whole night by the fire with a friend. Then this sunrise came and we both thought we are on drugs
Maybe we were, but our mobile phones werent, so pictures are authentic, biased only by its poor optics. Iam not sure about its origin, some obstruction in rays came to my mind to... but i have never seen it before in such manner.

And then it slowly dissolved itself

And when it slowly dissapered ... COMET showed itself
.. .. which was just a plane

that was nice coincidence, which made us even more disturbed

but it was spectacullar experience
edit on 29-8-2011 by ClevererRunbeening because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I remember when we had that huge X29 flare in 2007 (I think it was 2007). I saw a red glowing streak across the sky. It was light not clouds.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Sorry to be a bit contreversial here, but when I saw the first pictures it reminded me of a photo I have of 'things' 'chemtrailing' here in the UK. Please bare with me while I explain.
I was at the Southport Airshow here in the UK. It is on the coast and the air displays take place over the beach and out to sea. It started as a lovely sunny day and while we were waiting for the show to start, out at sea starting at one single point, about 4 or 5 'planes' appeared and started flying towards us on the coast. As they approached the coastline they fanned out. Their 'emmisions' formed exactly what the OP and the other poster here have shown, except these were white, not tinted pinkish due to setting or rising sun. Please understand that these 'chemtrails started at least 5 miles out to sea and continued right over our heads where they suddenly stopped. As the morning progressed they disipated or spread out covering the whole sky into a milky white. Suffice to say our lovely blue skies more or less disappeared and the temperature dropped (which should have got warmer) and the wind suddenly picked up...OK that would have happened anyway as it does when the tide turned, but this wind just got stronger as the day went on.
All I am trying to say is that this is not the first time I have seen this so called 'chemtrailing' been 'sprayed' in this pattern here in the UK. I was just fortunate on this day to catch them in 'action' so to speak with a very clear view to the horizon where they originated from. If it had been sunrise/sunset they would have looked axactly like the pictures posted here.
I am sorry I have no idea how to post phtos here on ATS as I have tried many times just to put up an avatar, but have failed miserably.
Please don't digress from the OP with chemtrail debunking and the such like, I have just said what I have said as an observation to what I have seen.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

As pointed out, they are crepuscular and anticrepuscular rays.
They have nothing to do with solar flares.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join