It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iraq Was No Threat To The UK. MI5 says!

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The former boss of MI5 has said Iraq was a "distraction" that posed no threat to the UK when Tony Blair took the country to war.

Below is the full link...
news.sky.com...

This is when the [SNIP] hit's the fan lol..

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Ah yes but we already knew that didn't we?

We knew yet we do nothing, just like with all the other indefensible things our government does.

The question is: does this make us complicit in the actions?

Is our passivity any more defensible?

Non-compliance with the corrupt system is the only action we can take.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
Ah yes but we already knew that didn't we?

We knew yet we do nothing, just like with all the other indefensible things our government does.

The question is: does this make us complicit in the actions?

Is our passivity any more defensible?

Non-compliance with the corrupt system is the only action we can take.


The fact this has come out from such a credible source such as the MI5 say's a lot just within itself. It's now in holy water that we did go to war for nothing (we already knew though) and all because of Bush. In a way we are doing something about it though... the truth is prevailing and words speak a thousand volumes in the right context!



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
nevermind.....
edit on 29-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It didn't matter to that psycho Blair. He still sent the young kids to their death in a useless, illegal war, based on lies. He should be conivcted of war crimes along with Bush.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Where was he before the invasion?

Anyone can say that now, from some burger flipper to the ex prime min...big whoop...where were these voices beforehand? towing the line, or believing themselves there was some threat.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kostas
 
I'm not as sure of the honesty of MI5 as you are - they are an intelligence department and maybe I'm a little bit cynical, but I've always been under the impression that those sort of outfits can be somewhat deceitful. They're telling us something we've all ready known for the best part of a decade now.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There were protests before the war began.

Just like always though, protesting gets you nowhere here in the UK.

Strike action gets them annoyed though. You have to hit them in the pocket.

Not by looting, by non-compliance.

The truth is now acknowledged by the system, what will they do about it?

Those who have power only do what they want and plan to do. It seems lately that they plan to institute a 'new system' it's the only explanation I can think of for them to be putting all of this 'truth' out there.




posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Where was he before the invasion?

Anyone can say that now, from some burger flipper to the ex prime min...big whoop...where were these voices beforehand? towing the line, or believing themselves there was some threat.


Exactly, and where was he afterwards when people were clamouring to have Blair charged with war crimes.

True to form, he toed the line and looked after number one until it was safe for him to speak out. Meanwhile the bloodbath happened and can never be undone.

However, Tony Blair must now be charged with war crimes.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
There were protests before the war began.

Just like always though, protesting gets you nowhere here in the UK.

Strike action gets them annoyed though. You have to hit them in the pocket.

Not by looting, by non-compliance.

The truth is now acknowledged by the system, what will they do about it?

Those who have power only do what they want and plan to do. It seems lately that they plan to institute a 'new system' it's the only explanation I can think of for them to be putting all of this 'truth' out there.



We live in a dictatorship which uses Hollywood style pantomime to pretend it's some kind of democracy. In effect, we've been in a dictatorship for decades. In the past the House of Lords and the Monarch were control mechanisms on our government. When both of these authorities were rescinded, that left pariament unaccountable and unchecked....thus they do whatever they want. A few nudges and/or threats in the right direction and every single bill they want to get passed gets passed.

Hence, protests have no effect whatsoever. Something tells me that civil disobedience might be a different case, however. We could remind them who is boss very quickly if we were united and focused.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Saddam said he wasn't accepting US Dollars for oil anymore which meant England would freeze to death in the winter, unable to get oil.

Also MI5 knows what their 2 British pilots saw prior to 9-11 over Iraq ...that caused the Iraqi Invasion. They just can't tell anyone. (Liability for Chemical Weapons).

Russia and China knows what went down, hence why they allowed Iraq to be overtaken. Just the public at large can't be told.



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join