It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have spirit guides?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I was just wondering about other people's experiences because im pretty much a beginner on this and i think i summoned 2 of them and i think i might have a 3rd even though i didn't summon him and what do i do if they mislead me also 1 is a wolf (maybe an animal spirit) 1 is a woman in her late 10s to early 20s wearing modern day Gothic clothing and i think the 3rd is a shaman. But the strange thing is 3 events happened that related to them maybe validations of their existence the wolf's name is lionheart and shortly after that i was on the internet and i found a (fiction) story about wolves called blackheart's smile which i thought was strange due to the similarity with the names, the woman's name is iris which means the Greek goddess of the rainbow then it started to rain and shortly after that a rainbow appeared and just recently i found a painting which pretty much looks like the shaman but maybe it's just me.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
my own spirit animals are Owl, Turtle, Cave Bear

i could not have either a wolf and a human female and male as spirit guides, but that's just me

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

If these are your 'spirit guides' or 'helpers' you probably shouldn't be mentioning there names to everyone, in fact tell very few if any. If you don't want to be misled then ask only for those working with the 'light' to be in your presence and all others to leave. If they are of the 'light' then leave offerings of food or tobacco to them and ask for confirmation and protection and ask if they are willing to work with you. This advice is coming from years with working with medicine men/shamans and building relations with my 'helpers' through native american ceremonies and prayer. There is much more, always much more to it, but if you are sincere and of good heart with time things will unfold and understanding will come. One of these days I'm going to do a thread on these kind of things in more detail, but with two little kids time is precious. Good luck!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Quick story...

I have "sleep paralysis" and although a lot of people will just chalk my experiences up as hallucinations i would have to disagree, cause these "hallucinations" seem different to me than my usual sleep paralysis episodes.

Anyway, i awoke one night around 3AM and realized i was in SP, i couldnt move. So i'm pretty use to this so i just relaxed and after a few seconds i opened my eyes and looked around the room, nothing unusual. Then I felt like i was being pulled of my bed and levitated over towards my window where a light was coming from. I blacked out and when i re-awoke i was in SP again, i opened my eyes and looked to my left and i felt like something was laying there. Right before i came out of my paralysis i saw someone laying on their stomach with their head in the hands just looking at me in a understanding way with a slight smile. So i out of the paralysis and i was still in the same position, looking at my bed sort of on my side. ANYWAY what im saying is that for the whole next day i remembered that, and i got the distinct feelings that i had seen my Guide.

I meditate mostly everyday and usually i go into a meditation with the intent of contacting my Guide, but usually my meditations just go off in another direction.

I hope this makes SOME sense...

goodday :]

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i thought u meant like physical beings. a couple of times i've been in some jam ups and at least twice I've had some very enlightened people try to lead me away from trouble. one was a black man and one was white, but I have the intuition that they were one and the same. both times they're name was the same. both times they came to me like they knew very well of me, and both times they confirmed my beliefs of a society matrix including aliens. some people have a purpose in life, and I believe spirit guides approach us from time to time to help.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

Out of curiosity when you say some have a purpose in life what about the others

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I sure do. I have been discussing this lately with others on another forum.

It isn't a "spirit guide" as you would think. I don't know what it is, but I am calling it my "sub conscious self" or "soul", using them interchangably.

It guides me in very subtle ways. If i do what I am urged to do, things work out well. If i ignore it, things don't work out well. Sometimes it takes over, as if an autonomic response. The other day i almost took my driver mirror off on a concrete pillar. I felt the urge to stop, but shrugged it off. Then i just had this sudden jolt of something like fear, and my body did its own thing, stopping and yanking the wheel hard right (which allowed me to get out of the pickle much easier than if i wouldn't have).

It is how a freshman college dropout can come to manage multimillion dollar businesses, guiding teams of MBA's. I am not very smart, despite common misperception. I just listen to my sub conscious self, and allow it to steer my life.

My wife shrugs this off as me making excuses for being impulsive, as i always try to act on impulse (believing my sub conscious self will guide me properly). What she can't explain is the extraordinary insight that comes with these impulsive decisions. It has made us a decent living, for the most part.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Some people just want to know how they do it, for example: Methods?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

I too have a spirit guide, ancestral in nature if you will. Whether or not a Shaman can also be a spirit-guide I am not sure. The Wolf and the Gothic Teen could be possible. Shamans I always thought were more solitary sorcerers than anything else. Usually they were exiled from the community because of their gifts/abilities, and only allowed back in when the village was suffering, in order to diagnose the problem. Perhaps your Shaman guide is really something/someone else in disguise?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Could be possible he's a bit like grumpy from the 7 dwarfs and is the least vocal even more than the goth who is a bit shy in fact i didn't even summon him he just came from nowhere

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

Good morning

I have been told twice,by two separate and highly enlightened people,years apart and unknown to each other,that I have a female 'spirit' near me always and she has a message for me,is waiting for me to 'find' her,for lack of a better way of putting things,and out of respect for her,and those who have spoken to me of her,this is all I will say on it.

MY question is,how do you know your 'Spirit Guide' name(s),or,how do you go about finding their name and communicating better with them?

If I did not believe in this possibility,absolutely,I would not post here. Please,honest and serious responses only. I am not to be toyed with.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
OR,can any of you guide me to a place in this forum where such things are discussed seriously,with the intent of helping those like myself?

I am an earnest Seeker.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

When i first summoned them they told me their names except for the shaman saying it "wasn't necessary" so i just call him shaman and i just telepathically communicate with them but i think writing questions on a piece of paper or a computer are better and the answers just form in your mind or at least Thats how i did it but i still didn't get any dreams

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Just go to search and type spirit guides you wiil find discussions on them

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wanagi
reply to post by Molimo

If these are your 'spirit guides' or 'helpers' you probably shouldn't be mentioning there names to everyone, in fact tell very few if any. If you don't want to be misled then ask only for those working with the 'light' to be in your presence and all others to leave. If they are of the 'light' then leave offerings of food or tobacco to them and ask for confirmation and protection and ask if they are willing to work with you. This advice is coming from years with working with medicine men/shamans and building relations with my 'helpers' through native american ceremonies and prayer. There is much more, always much more to it, but if you are sincere and of good heart with time things will unfold and understanding will come. One of these days I'm going to do a thread on these kind of things in more detail, but with two little kids time is precious. Good luck!

in the 1960s i was in the usaf stationed in arizona.

i often visited a family living on superstition mountain.
there i heard many stories about the spirits living on the mountain.

then i moved and lived on the mountain for 6 months, and came to realize that these indian legends were real.
while the dog, cats and human visitors would go in hysteria whenever there was a visit, i learned to appreciate their presence.

there was an earth spirit, had an earthy smell and made noise like extremely rapid beating of wings, but could still go through solid walls?

a being of white light, looked human, very angelique vibe.
i considered him to be a teacher and protector.
once when too much spirit activity was taking place and my nerves were crumbling, he came through my bedroom door, looked at me and said go to sleep.
i woke up the next day rested.

two huge beings, all grey in color, i call them guardians of time, they can open portals.
i consider these to be my protectors.

and twice i saw two huge eyes, that introduced itself as being the eyes that see God.

these experience made me want to learn all i could about the native american legends.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Molimo

I must start somewhere,and your suggestions are as good a place as any.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Molimo

Just go to search and type spirit guides you will find discussions on them

Thank you,I have. It is exhausting trying to find what you need in all the confusion that is most of the content here on this subject.
'
I am hoping someone will have knowledge of,and provide a link-back to,a truly relevant and serious study on this subject. Even an outside source would be greatly appreciated.

It is difficult to discern the wheat from the chaff anymore.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If you really want to learn about your spirit guide then Hypnosis is an excellent tool. It can be used to directly communicate under trance and also to ease communication and understanding at all times.

If the idea of hypnosis seems uncomfortable or inappropriate to you then I would suggest mediating on desired communication as you are falling asleep.

Both of these techniques will most likely require time to develop the response you are looking for but with patience can be highly rewarding.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I didn't expect to agree with someone in this thread, but that poster seems to have said something relevant.

I don't know about seeing spirits or anything like that. For the most part I don't believe anyone with such claims as they have always seemed a little crazy. But recent experiences and insights are changing that a little. To interact with such ideas in the concrete changes you, so strangeness is to be expected.

Regardless, the part about listening to that inner voice. That isn't quite it, either. You don't want to confuse your internal dialogue, or your conscious conversation with yourself, for that inner voice. I call it "my subconscious self" or "soul". Others can call it what they want, it is just my current understanding of the matter based on my own personal observations.

This inner voice will only lead you "astray" when that is what is meant for you. But it is guiding you to swim with the current, not against it. The end result is always more acceptable.

Meditate. I don't mean take on the airs of meditations. I mean, truly meditate. Get into a deep state of thought on a subject, with singular focus. Analyze it deeply. In so doing, you make it easier for your inner voice to be heard, as it will guide your thoughts to the relevant train.

I have meditated for over a decade, trying to see what great insights are gained by such. It has taken a long time of deep thinking to truly start to understand it. And now I am becoming one of the "weird" ones

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Thank you.

You know,I used to work quite diligently at meditation,and often used candle gazing and fire scrying as means.

Message received - Back to my roots. Moving forward,in reverse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join