It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should they return al Megrahi?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Swanfilters

the "outsider" mentality is further compartmentalizing this population.. wars start over that mind frame..
edit on 29-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

The outsider mentality is the only thing that is going to prevent the UK from sliding even further into a multicultural, liberal, immigrant accepting mess. If people had more of an outsider mentality, we wouldn't have such stupid laws preventing freedom of speech because it might offend Muslims, we wouldn't have the Human Rights Act, or have gone to Iraq and Afghanistan.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters

the "outsider" mentality is further compartmentalizing this population.. wars start over that mind frame..

The outsider mentality is the only thing that is going to prevent the UK from sliding even further into a multicultural, liberal, immigrant accepting mess. If people had more of an outsider mentality, we wouldn't have such stupid laws preventing freedom of speech because it might offend Muslims, we wouldn't have the Human Rights Act, or have gone to Iraq and Afghanistan.

you're saying we went to afghanistan and iraq because of "them"????

brother you're terribly confused! it was greed of western governments that got our troops sent to the sand!!! stop fooling yourself. oh and for the record, i know muslims who are swedish, german, french, norwegian, etc, and they, like me they are not immigrants so please don't start down the "offend muslims" road. some of us are actually natives of the country, who happen to be muslim....

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

brother you're terribly confused! it was greed of western governments that got our troops sent to the sand!!! stop fooling yourself. oh and for the record, i know muslims who are swedish, german, french, norwegian, etc, and they, like me they are not immigrants so please don't start down the "offend muslims" road. some of us are actually natives of the country, who happen to be muslim....

I wasn't aware that Islam was a culture indigenous to Europe. It isn't. You are therefore immigrants regardless of what logic you attempt to use to say otherwise.

Yes, if the government had the balls to refuse to bend to pressure from OUTSIDE governments (starting to understand yet?) we would not have invaded, shed blood and brought misery to those people.

If the government had the balls to make it illegal for foreign companies to buy British companies of significance, we might still have had a car industry, ship building industry, an aeronautical industry etc.

If the government had had the balls to refuse to sign up to Schengen, we wouldn't have such porous border controls.

Let me know when you start to grasp it.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
If our leadership wanted Megrahi extradited, he'd be extradited in a flash, whether the new Libyan leadership agreed or not.

The whole reason for his release was due to an appeal process and the FACT that previously withheld evidence was to be presented, showing that he was innocent and that the US and British governments conspired to jail someone they knew was innocent. That could not be allowed.
So, to get out of having the appeal go forward, they agreed to release Megrahi rather than having extremely damaging evidence of conspiracy and perjury come to light.

The Scottish government had no say in it at all, despite what some seem to think. After all, they'd likely want to get the whole episode out of their hands rather than have the mud stick to them too.

It's a bit like David Cameron refusing to answer questions or even discuss anything to do with the murder of David Kelly. He personally has a reason NOT to let that happen, given his past dealings with some South African nukes (which were "lost") and David Kelly's involvement as the person despatched to inspect them right before they were stolen. No, that's another episode best not discussed in public!

See, they are ALL up to their eyeballs in lies, deceit and downright murder and will stop at nothing to protect themselves and their positions. And of course the people behind them pulling the strings!
edit on 29-8-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I wasn't aware that Islam was a culture indigenous to Europe. It isn't. You are therefore immigrants regardless of what logic you attempt to use to say otherwise.

Yes, if the government had the balls to refuse to bend to pressure from OUTSIDE governments (starting to understand yet?) we would not have invaded, shed blood and brought misery to those people.

If the government had the balls to make it illegal for foreign companies to buy British companies of significance, we might still have had a car industry, ship building industry, an aeronautical industry etc.

If the government had had the balls to refuse to sign up to Schengen, we wouldn't have such porous border controls.

Let me know when you start to grasp it.

newsflash - islam isn't a culture, it's a religion, so no, there is no such thing is "immigration" when it comes to it.

sounds to me like you're just angry because european countries have slumped just like the USA and you're desperately trying to find something or someone to place the blame on.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

newsflash - islam isn't a culture, it's a religion, so no, there is no such thing is "immigration" when it comes to it.

sounds to me like you're just angry because european countries have slumped just like the USA and you're desperately trying to find something or someone to place the blame on.

And it sounds to me like you are something that would go very much against the TOS of the site. One thing, remind me of when Europeans said we wanted your culture here.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: edit to remove mass quoting

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Why should they? He was framed by MI6 most likely in a bid to topple Gaddafi back then.

The British have always tried to topple Gaddafi since Libya gained independence.

Only this time, they might just succeed in achieving their goal - with help and a lot of cheating and lies ofcourse.

edit on 29-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well he has been released by the Scottish government. I do not see what relevance the fall of the Colonel has in relation to this matter.

This is beside the evidence pertaining that the initial conviction of Al Megrahi was at best unsound.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, almost immediatley after his release, BP was awarded contracts to drill in
Libyan waters by Ghadaffi. Kinda of a trade off. Now that NATO..err.. I mean the rebels run Libya the original deal with Ghadaffi is null and void but BP still gets drilling rights. They just want to rectify what was an unpopular decision in an effort to gain some support at home.

And SwanFilters is correct, we need to mind our own GD business. This whole incident is by and about the UK, let them sort it out on their own.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join