It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1% MFFM???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

What a load of garbage.

I know a "1%er" -- we work for the same company -- nicest guy you could hope to meet.

ALL the biggest Motorcycle Clubs are "1%" clubs -- Hell's Angels, Outlaws, Mongols, Bandidos... I think those are the main ones (if not the only 1% clubs).

Not to say they don't have their share of bad dudes, but to claim that the 1% patch = murderer is dubious. It's a club-wide thing.

They look at it as they are the 1% who lives "outside the box" so to speak. It doesn't automatically imply "criminal." -- although I think the above poster was correct about the speech.

I think it was something to the effect of 99% of motorcycle clubs live within the limits of the law, the other 1% are outlaws. America has always had a fascination with "outlaws" so, it makes some sort of sense that they would take the label and run with it.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

What a load of garbage.

I know a "1%er" -- we work for the same company -- nicest guy you could hope to meet.

ALL the biggest Motorcycle Clubs are "1%" clubs -- Hell's Angels, Outlaws, Mongols, Bandidos... I think those are the main ones (if not the only 1% clubs).

Not to say they don't have their share of bad dudes, but to claim that the 1% patch = murderer is dubious. It's a club-wide thing.

They look at it as they are the 1% who lives "outside the box" so to speak. It doesn't automatically imply "criminal." -- although I think the above poster was correct about the speech.

I think it was something to the effect of 99% of motorcycle clubs live within the limits of the law, the other 1% are outlaws. America has always had a fascination with "outlaws" so, it makes some sort of sense that they would take the label and run with it.

*sigh*. I had an entire semester years ago in college for one of my law enforcement classes on this very subject. (No, I am not a cop, decided there was more money to be made, with less hassles, in computers.
) It was a 25 page paper, and dealt with the colors, markings, phraseology, and various other things that had to do with outlaw bikers.

The 1% was originally used to show that only 1% of PEOPLE WHO RODE MOTORCYCLES were "outlaw bikers". It had nothing to do with patches, and came about from a phrase by the Sheriff where the Hollister event was held, and made famous (if I remember right) by Sonny Barger. It later came to mean those who have murdered for their gang. The same with "filthy few", which is mostly associated with Hell's Angels, but not exclusively.

As to your "nice neighbor", notice if he has different colored "wings" on his colors. He'll be happy to talk about his "red wings", but see if he has "green wings", which he may or may not want to talk about. I guarantee you if he has "black wings", he won't talk about it, or he will give you some b.s. about what that means.

Now, I *DID* say that "unless things have changed". Perhaps they HAVE changed, but the 1% PATCH used to (i.e., very late 80s, very early 90s) mean they were an enforcer, i.e., they have killed for their gang.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I would like to know the meaning of the wings...came across one with a few diffrent colors that comes into my bar.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

You are absolutly correct about the 1% patch, as far as H.A. goes it still referes to "The Filthy Few". My mom has a girlfriend who was more or less married to the Monterey County Ca H.A. chapter president for a good 25 years, its her daughters father. They are no longer together but still very close friends. Anywho she has introduced me to him as well as a few others and one of them was/is a true 1%er, has been in for probably 20 years.

Kinda interesting that a few of the ones I met worked for Indian motorcycles in Gilroy Ca at the time.

They can be nice guys if you know them outside of their world, but you definitly dont want to fool with them otherwise. Ive seen them get ready for "Church" at her house before, that was rather interesting maybe even a bit imtimidating.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Candycab]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
A set of red wings indicate that the wearer has had group sex . True

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
People coming on the internet to talk about things they don't know.
"Oh, I studied law enforcement" or "I Know somebody".. "Back in the 80's this was.."
have any of you talking about it actually been in one of these clubs? not likely.
1% does not mean murderer or enforcer, there are separate patches for that which I will not describe here, I'll only describe the non-criminal.
I read where someone said that only Mongols and HA wear the California bottom rocker "and any other states".. correction, only they are permitted to wear California, the other states are open. This is nothing new.
wings are sexual. Don't ask about green or purple unless you have a strong stomach.
I'll give you a hint, they signify an oral sex act.
An 8 ball, which is quite common in various white gangs is also sexual. If you see someone with an 8ball, it usually means they performed oral sex on another male member of the gang, most likely as a recruitment act.
If you see someone wearing a MC vest that has a state bottom rocker, but no center or top rocker, it means they're not a full member yet.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
wow, some of your replies are rediculous. get out there and ride quit pretending. and don;t believe half of what you hear. Some of these discriptions are just plain funny and wrong. Half of them probably even come from people who might consider themselver bikers, but are more likely 9-5 ers. Andd learned everything they know from TV. Stop watching Discovery Channel and find out for yourself what's it about.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't know if this has anything to do with the subject at hand. I have heard the term 'red wings' before but it was never associated with MCs. Basically you 'earned' your 'red wings' when you preformed oral sex on a woman during her period. Think about it 'red wings'. Hope this doesn't incur the wrath of the mods.

edit: anyone seen the show 'Sons of Anarchy'. If so is there any truth to the show in the way of how MCs act and so forth. Great show either way.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by hILB3rT]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My cousin's a 1%er, from what i understand it means that the "gang" owns 99% of your belongings; house, bike, car, wife, etc. Its representive of your loyalty to the "gang" - whats yours is mine, whats mine is yours. If a top member wants to come to your house christmas morning and # your wife, he has the right to do so. These "gangs" usually are involved in illegal activities; drug trafficing, protection for hire, killers for hire, money laundering, etc. ive been to a couple parties and a wedding, i met cops, russian mobsters, lawyers, and doctors. Everyone in the "gang" wore their vests except one guy, $3000 suit - and everyone wearing a vest kissed him on his cheak when they greeted him.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

NO, USUALLY, THE SKULL AND CROSS BONES IS WORN BY SOMEONE WHO HAS KILLED A MAN IN THE NAME OF THE CLUB. YOUR STUDY MUST NOT HAVE BEEN TO WELL RESEARCHED MY FRIEND. IN FACT, IN THE FEW CASES WERE A MEMBER OF A BIKE CLUB THAT HAS PERFORMED THIS ACT IN THE NAME OF THE CLUB HAS BEEN PROSECUTED FOR THE MURDER, THE PATCH HAS, IN CERTAIN CASES, BEEN USED AS CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Brian0U812

1% has nothing to do with time in a club, it goes back to other post. Statement by I believe the AMA that 99% of bikers where good people but there were the 1% who were not. Outlaw clubs took this as their symbol that they were part of that 1 percent.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Brian0U812

1% has nothing to do with time in a club, it goes back to other post. Statement by I believe the AMA that 99% of bikers where good people but there were the 1% who were not. Outlaw clubs took this as their symbol that they were part of that 1 percent.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Wrong!!! not all 1%ers are murderers get it straight!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I second our annonomous friend here... It more than likely means the Mongols. However, smaller local groups like Minutemen might use it.

the four letter designates the groups name then F for Forever then F for Forever then lastly the name again.

AFFA= Angels Forever Forever Angels

OFFO= Outlaws Forever Forever Outlaws

The 1% designation has already been stated. Not the nice and law-abiding 99% of bikers.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
FYI: The Mongols motto is "Honor Few, Fear None."

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The red wing... Well... They won't let me explain that here, but you can get a book called "Three Can Keep A Secret If Two Are Dead" (also the Hell's Angels Motto). All the wings are accounted for in it. You'll thank me for not posting it here...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BOHICA

MFFM is, as stated above, a biker thing.

My uncle is a Cossack (offshoot of Bandidos). His is CFFC (Cossacks first, first Cossacks), denoting loyalty to his brothers.

They are a good group of guys. Not a 1% group, but still considered "outlaw".

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...#

Note upper right of vest...

Mongols were also allegedly encouraged to engage in sex with women at "wing parties," earning patches for various acts. Among them, Mongols allegedly could earn their "wings" by engaging in sex with women with a venereal disease.

Here's the link to this info:

www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join