It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope there is a Life after his one.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by delrio256

That is taught to them. Adults teach right and wrong. Look at a toddler. They do things we have to correct them for because "they don't know any better".

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by MamaJ

Sorry for the many replies. There are only a few topics that get me going, and religion is one of them!

Here's the problem as I see it, fundamentally. So, there is an almighty being that created everything. Now this being gives a select group of humans the knowledge to be able to "worship" it after it dies. You live a life devoted to worshiping this deity, giving up "worldly" possessions in the hopes that when you die you get a great reward. Now, couple this with the fact that there is absolutely no physical proof of this beings existence. The ones who are supposed to be mentoring you are corrupt. The institutions that are supposed to be doing things for his glory are corrupt, and deceitful. You are expected to blindly believe in this being, and follow the rules these institutions have said are the right ones. Oh, and you must give god money. If he is the almighty, then why does he need my money?

Now, let's put this into perspective. If someone came up to you, off the street and told you..."Psst. Hey, guess what? I can guarantee that if you do what I say, and give me 10% of your money, you will get a great big gold lined mansion with all the food you can eat when you die." you would be calling the funny farm. Yet this is exactly what you are doing. I cannot understand how educated adults can still believe in fairy tales. If there was an all being deity, then why would he show favoritism? If the Jews are his chosen ones, than by what right do we think we can be redeemed in heaven? The bible was written by them, for them, not us.

I have to agree with you on the corrupt institutions teaching the word of God, EX: "THE VATICAN". One thing you must realize is the different perspective you'd have if "they" teach it compared to if you read the scriptures yourself. I believe these institutions teach to obey rules, don't commit wrong, have faith that what is coming is going to happen regardless because it is Gods plan. That way when the world falls into major crisis many will sit back and say it's Gods will, without any retaliation or second thought as to what is really going on (I've witnessed this when I try to explain the truth about our countries corruption. Typical response is: "God will stop them". They miss the big picture.).

I don't agree with the second thing you just said. Comparing bible stories to a man on the street would only come from someone with ignorance.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Yet this is exactly what you are doing. I cannot understand how educated adults can still believe in fairy tales. If there was an all being deity, then why would he show favoritism? If the Jews are his chosen ones, than by what right do we think we can be redeemed in heaven? The bible was written by them, for them, not us.

[color=gold]Not favoritisim as much as it is which diety influenced what time period? You deny so much you cannot allow yourself to see the potential answers in which you seek.

NAMASTE*******

“Abraham had experienced the vengeful Enlil first hand at the fall of Ur, and he was not about to take any chances with his own survival. He was even prepared to sacrifice the life of his young son, Isaac, to appease the implacable God (Genesis 32:9).”

Abraham and his descendants served Enlil, and followed his precepts. The Egyptians, on the other hand, were Enki’s protégés, and based on food management practices during the devastating droughts around the time of Jacob and Joseph, were doing a lot better than Enlil’s followers. Obviously Noah backed the right horse in that Enki shared boat plans with the righteous fellow -- whom Enlil later claimed as his own.
www.halexandria.org...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------
Abrahamic religions are the monotheistic faiths emphasizing and tracing their common origin to Abraham[1] or recognizing a spiritual tradition identified with Abraham.[2][3][4] They are one of the three major divisions in comparative religion, along with Indian religions (Dharmic) and East Asian religions (Taoic).

The three major Abrahamic religions are, in chronological order of founding, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Judaism regards itself as the religion of the descendants of Jacob,[n 1] a grandson of Abraham. It has a strictly unitary view of God, and the central holy book for almost all branches is the Hebrew Bible, as elucidated in the oral law. Christianity began as a sect of Judaism[n 2] in the 1st century CE and evolved into a separate religion—the Christian Church—with distinctive beliefs and practices. Jesus is the central figure of Christianity, considered by almost all denominations to be divine, typically as one person of a Triune God.[n 3] The Christian Bible is typically held to be the ultimate authority, alongside Sacred Tradition in some apostolic denominations, such as Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy. Islam arose in Arabia[n 4] in the 7th century CE with a strictly unitary view of God.[n 5] Muslims (adherents of Islam) typically hold the Qur'an to be the ultimate authority, as revealed and elucidated through the teachings and practices[n 6] of a central, but not divine, prophet, Muhammad. Outside of these three well known religions, there are a number of relatively minor ones such as the Bahá'í Faith and Druze, both originally offshoots of Shi'a Islam.[5]

[color=gold]The creator loves you HOPE the LIGHT is reaching

edit on 8/30/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

OK. But whose is to say what is right and wrong?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

I have actually read the bible, cover to cover. It is a collection of stories and folklore, nothing more. And yes, my example is no different than what is going on right now. No physical proof, just accept it and you will get what's promised. It is a way to control the masses and keep them in line.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No physical proof, just accept it and you will get what's promised. It is a way to control the masses and keep them in line.

I just provided physical proof of them you call gods of imagination THEY ARE REAL SO IS THE WHO CREATED THEM. THEY have interacted here.
-look/think-

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by delrio256

Every animal on earth is born with the instinct for survival. To perpetuate the species. There are certain things that go against the nature of survival, and murder is one of them. In order for us to have survived as long as we have, especially given our mental and reasoning capacity, our ancestors would have figured out what worked and what didn't in order for us to survive. It's no different than a pack of wolves. They know what works, and that is what they follow and teach their young.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Sorry for the many replies. There are only a few topics that get me going, and religion is one of them!

Here's the problem as I see it, fundamentally. So, there is an almighty being that created everything. Now this being gives a select group of humans the knowledge to be able to "worship" it after it dies. You live a life devoted to worshiping this deity, giving up "worldly" possessions in the hopes that when you die you get a great reward. Now, couple this with the fact that there is absolutely no physical proof of this beings existence. The ones who are supposed to be mentoring you are corrupt. The institutions that are supposed to be doing things for his glory are corrupt, and deceitful. You are expected to blindly believe in this being, and follow the rules these institutions have said are the right ones. Oh, and you must give god money. If he is the almighty, then why does he need my money?

Now, let's put this into perspective. If someone came up to you, off the street and told you..."Psst. Hey, guess what? I can guarantee that if you do what I say, and give me 10% of your money, you will get a great big gold lined mansion with all the food you can eat when you die." you would be calling the funny farm. Yet this is exactly what you are doing. I cannot understand how educated adults can still believe in fairy tales. If there was an all being deity, then why would he show favoritism? If the Jews are his chosen ones, than by what right do we think we can be redeemed in heaven? The bible was written by them, for them, not us.

No need to apologize.... shoot I am right here with ya!

There is NO NEED for Religion. It was set into motion to control the masses and has done quite well. Each have their own right of establishment. Each are spin off's from the last. The only need I see with it is it does offer some comfort and understanding of this life and the next. It didn't for me and that is the reason why I am not a member. My son is 14....he has voiced that he wants to go to this Catholic Church up the street and be Baptized.
I am in no way going to discourage him. He has his own mind and is not being controlled by me so I told him awesome....I will come for that..no problem. The seed is planted but cannot grow unless it is nurtured. His seed will be nurtured when he does go and when he does get Baptized. It also grows while living with me because we talk spirituality all the time. We love to hear and even embrace others views. We can all be "right" but what matters is we are all striving to learn from one another. This is done out of love.

When someone tells me they do not believe in God or...they do not believe in an after life I want to share with them why I DO. Maybe my experience and or experience's will show them there is more "out there" and they may find comfort in seeking Truth out for themselves. They may not. But....I will offer an opinion if they offer one. Mine may talk about Jesus. His name seems to be more taboo than ever these days. I find that troubling in a sense but I also know not everyone gets their truth through my ways of seeking. We are all different but yet we all want to be loved. We all have that in common. We want love. We ache for it. This is God. God is Love. This is what Jesus said. He has given us so much information it is not even funny...yet we question Him, His motives, and everything in between even when we know this is Truth.

The ancients knew there was a God/Gods. They knew by instinct the Planet and the Universe was a living being. They knew the Stars and knew of this "time" we are in now. They all (even the cherokee indians) warned of this time. I wonder why?

The ancient tribes lived very close together and were in "tune" with the ALL. They lived a life that is so different than us. What would that life be like now? Would we be a more in tune people as well?

Why do you think Jesus went into the Wilderness for a length of time? Enlightenment maybe?

I am in no way implying my truth should be yours. I am just saying He is the Way for ME. Christianity is not the way for me. I am sorry if I offend anyone! ;-)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

You saying they are the same just proves even more your no faith in God. If you had faith, the perspective would be different. That's why these debates can go on forever and nothing is set straight. One will feel the way they feel and that is all. All us believers can do is shed light on the ones who haven't experienced God for themselves, all others have no hope.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

And you make perfect sense for you. I am by no means trying to convert anyone to atheism, just trying to give examples of why I believe what I do. As I have stated before, yes I was going to be a preacher. I read the bible from cover to cover. Over the course of several years, many things both in the bible, and things happening in life came to a head when I figured out that there were to many contradictions to make it believable. The more educated I became, the more I realized religion was a mind game. It was put in place to keep humanity in line, following the leader if you will. Now religion has it's place. Christianity, Muslim, etc. are not religion in it's true form. They are bastardized versions of religion, modified to meet the needs of the powers in control.

As I have stated before, if god makes me a multimillionaire in the next 7 days, I will believe. If not, then he is a fairy tale and folklore figure and nothing more. Tiny task for such an almighty being.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

You are right, I have no faith in god. I have faith in me. Yep, we can go through this exercise forever. I digress that my position is unwavering, barring a deposit of several million $$ in the bank in the next 7 days!

I feel it is time to remove myself from this discussion before someone baits me and it gets ugly.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

As I have stated before, if god makes me a multimillionaire in the next 7 days, I will believe. If not, then he is a fairy tale and folklore figure and nothing more. Tiny task for such an almighty being.

WOW money will buy your LOYALTY. 1 has shared good luck again...... smh 3d money

@it is time to remove myself
me too as the essence in this thread is too stubborn for LIGHT transfer. Gotta LOVE them family members

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

And you make perfect sense for you. I am by no means trying to convert anyone to atheism, just trying to give examples of why I believe what I do. As I have stated before, yes I was going to be a preacher. I read the bible from cover to cover. Over the course of several years, many things both in the bible, and things happening in life came to a head when I figured out that there were to many contradictions to make it believable. The more educated I became, the more I realized religion was a mind game. It was put in place to keep humanity in line, following the leader if you will. Now religion has it's place. Christianity, Muslim, etc. are not religion in it's true form. They are bastardized versions of religion, modified to meet the needs of the powers in control.

Hahahaha...I love it. Hey... remember me when ya ship comes in would ya?

I understand there are some contradictions in the Bible....but....with saying that there are many Truths as well. One has to really study and get down to the nitty gritty to completely understand the Word. It is difficult and I still have trouble so I look to the enlightened ones for clarity.

What astounds me is the numbers..the melody...the mathematics....the geometry.....ALL of which play a huge role in understanding the ALL and the One. It is really cool when you begin noticing such jaw dropping messages. Everything is neatly and mathematically structured. I love it.

I hope you are (and possibly others) at least comforted by my words of an after life. There are some of us who intuitively know, who have lived and observed Truth's by experience.

Peace and love to you and yours!!!! xoxoxo

Jenn

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by NewAgeMan

No. Unless it is tangible, it does not exist. Scientific fact. You can tell story after story and claim to have had "an experience" but unless there is tangible proof, then it didn't happen.

I'll post this as I did in another thread. God's chance to prove he exists. If I become a multimillionaire in the next 7 days, I will believe. Oh, and don't give me that "he doesn't work that way" stuff either. If he is all that and a bucket of cheese, then this menial proof should be nothing more than a fluff of dandruff from his hair.

Proof is in the pudding.

How do you mean - tangible?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hum.. the op has not answered or responded to even one of these posts. I always wonder when that happens. Is the post just to get people fighting among themselves so the op can sit back and watch the fun? Or is the Op just trying to get attention?? Or???

Anyway, Op, I am sure most here would appreciate knowing if anything said is helpful (or not) to you.

My take? Remembering gobs of past lives as I do, I know for a fact, we reincarnate. I can often see other people's past lives as well. So, no heaven OR hell. Period. Religions of all kinds are strictly meant to control humanity, with the main focus always being on disarming our right to feel angry and seeking revenge for wrongs done us, hence pretty much all of them insist that the only 'true' expression of spirituality is 'love'. What a bunch of horse pucky. They just don't want us coming after them when they treat us like they did in the middle ages, or when they do crap like 9-11. Blah.

And seeing Jesus??? I've never seen Jesus after I died; I either got besieged by the spirits of all those I hurt (my earliest human lives were usually as a mercenary who did bad things) so they could share the pain of what my actions caused them--some of those in betweens seem to take forever and it was hell-like, as it felt like being thrown into boiling oil over and over again---or else I saw those with who I am journeying thru the spirit level of learning with, who were at that point the last version I saw of them, like mothers or cousins or buddies. And really, it didn't take too many lives of the being thrown in boiling oil afterwards to figure out at the spirit level, that I was going to avoid such behavior in the future. In this life, even before remembering all this, I've ALWAYS had a sense of knowingness that caused me to back away from behaviors that were hurtful of others.

edit on 30-8-2011 by DragonriderGal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here is another site that is new to me and have only read half of the accounts....but offers a lot of information regarding Near Death Experiences. It is really cool to see all the ones who have had an encounter with the Man. I hope it will give the OP clarity as well as the ones who do not have a belief at all in the after life.

www.near-death.com...

Peace and love to you all!!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

What do you think of this?

The Emerging Science of God

"The God Theory" by Bernard Haisch
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249274834&sr=8-1

Haisch is an astrophysicist whose professional positions include Staff Scientist at the Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory, Deputy Director for the Center for Extreme Ultraviolet Astrophysics at the University of California, Berkeley, and Visiting Fellow at the Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching, Germany. His work has led to close involvement with NASA; he is the author of over 130 scientific papers; and was the Scientific Editor of the Astrophysical Journal for nine years, as well as the editor in chief of the Journal of Scientific Exploration.

an excerpt

If you think of whitte light as a metaphor of infinite, formless potential, the colors on a slide or frame of film become a structured reality grounded in the polarity that comes about through intelligent subtraction from that absolute formless potential. It results from the limitation of the unlimited. I contend that this metaphor provides a comprehensible theory for the creation of a manifest reality (our universe) from the selective limitation of infinite potential (God)...
If there exists an absolute realm that consists of infinite potential out of which a created realm of polarity emerges, is there any sensible reason not to call this "God"? Or to put it frankly, if the absolute is not God, what is it? For our purposes here, I will indentify the Absolute with God. More precisely I will call the Absolute the Godhead. Applying this new terminology to the optics analogy, we can conclude that our physical universe comes about when the Godhead selectively limits itself, taking on the role of Creator and manifesting a realm of space and time and, within that realm, filtering out some of its own infinite potential...
Viewed this way, the process of creation is the exact opposite of making something out of nothing. It is, on the contrary, a filtering process that makes something out of everything. Creation is not capricious or random addition; it is intelligent and selective subtraction. The implications of this are profound.

If the Absolute is the Godhead, and if creation is the process by which the Godhead filters out parts of its own infinite potential to manifest a physical reality that supports experience, then the stuff that is left over, the residue of this process, is our physical universe, and ourselves included. We are nothing less than a part of that Godhead - quite literally.

Next, by Ervin Laszlo

Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything, 2004
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-1

And, his other seminal work
Science and the Reenchantment of the Cosmos: The Rise of the Integral Vision of Reality
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-6

Ervin Laszlo is considered one of the foremost thinkers and scientists of our age, perhaps the greatest mind since Einstein. His principal focus of research involves the Zero Point Field. He is the author of around seventy five books (his works having been translated into at least seventeen languages), and he has contributed to over 400 papers. Widely considered the father of systems philosophy and general evolution theory, he has worked as an advisor to the Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. He was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in both 2004 and 2005. A multidisciplinarian, Laszlo has straddled numerous fields, having worked at universities as a professor of philosophy, music, futures studies, systems science, peace studies, and evolutionary studies. He was a sucessful concert pianist until he was thirty eight.

In his view, the zero-point field (or the Akashic Field, as he calls it) is quite literally the "mind of God".

Naming Hal Puthoff, Roger Penrose, Fritz-Albert Popp, and a handful of others as "front line investigators", Laszlo quotes Puthoff who says of the new scientific paradigm:

[What] would emerge would be an increased understanding that all of us are immersed, both as living and physical beings, in an overall interpenetrating and interdependant field in ecological balance with the cosmos as a whole, and that even the boundary lines between the physical and "metaphysical" would dissolve into a unitary viewpoint of the universe as a fluid, changing, energetic/informational cosmological unity."

an excert from Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything

Akasha (a . ka . sha) is a Sanskrit word meaning "ether": all-pervasive space. Originally signifying "radiation" or "brilliance", in Indian philosophy akasha was considered the first and most fundamental of the five elements - the others being vata (air), agni (fire), ap (water), and prithivi (earth). Akasha embraces the properties of all five elements: it is the womb from which everything we percieve with our senses has emerged and into which everything will ultimately re-descend. The Akashic Record (also called The Akashic Chronicle) is the enduring record of all that happens, and has ever happened, in space and time."

Laszlo's view of the history of the universe is of a series of universes that rise and fall, but are each "in-formed" by the existence of the previous one. In Laszlo's mind, the universe is becoming more and more in-formed, and within the physical universe, matter (which is the crystallization of intersecting pressure waves or an interference pattern moving through the zero-point field) is becoming increasing in-formed and evolving toward higher forms of consciousness and realization.

------------

According to James Oroc's experiences (Tryptamine Palace), when the ego is dissolved in consciousness through the temporary formation of a type of neurological "Bose Einstein Condensate", there is no real dilineation or distinction between individual consciousness and God-consciousness or the universal "akashic field" (Lazslo) aka Zero Point Field.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I realize it's not "tangible" God-in-a-bottle, for your inspection, but I'm curious what you think about these ideas..

Could it possibly be, that people smarter than you, have a different, more informed and more well educated understanding/comprehension re: God? Is that possible?

edit on 30-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

LOVE Ervin.....really do !! Here is his site if anyone is interested in researching...

ervinlaszlo.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

He's an absolute genius. Thanks for the link!

You would also like Goswami's (the guy in the video) "The Self Aware Universe" and "The Hologrphic Universe" by Talbot, which offers an intriguing explanation regarding the afterlife or I should say the between-life, along with other "paranormal" phenomenon. Seems there's more going on than meets the eye, or that is "tangible" according to the satisfaction of staunch atheists.

Good for you for keeping an open mind!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonriderGal
Hum.. the op has not answered or responded to even one of these posts. I always wonder when that happens. Is the post just to get people fighting among themselves so the op can sit back and watch the fun? Or is the Op just trying to get attention?? Or???

...interesting that you left out the possibility that applebaum was being sincere in their op and they're going thru a rough patch...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join